Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keeping Absorb on for as long as possible?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

So I've been trying to make sense of Absorb's Wikia page with no luck.

Does Power Strength effectively, in any way, affect your energy consumption? Or more specifically, does it affect the energy spent per damage absorbed?

I'm asking because I'm wondering how necessary Strength is for a pure Assimilate tank build.

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Thats actually a very smart question :)  So far from what I've experienced with Nyx strength only affects output damage not input.  And I think if it was input, they would have put it in ability description 

Well, I did some testing in the Simulacrum, basically to time how long my energy bar lasted. I tested with max efficiency and with 40% strength vs 185% strength. Both tests absorbed the same amount of damage in the same amount of time, with the same amount of energy.

This means that Strength is out the window for my Terminator build :>

if you're running a build with for example 50% strength, the damage you read while absorbing is reduced to half, logically.  Absorb is only affected by efficiency range  and power strength.  I run a chaos build with 40% strength.  100% strength = 200 absorb per second and with my 40% strength build is now 80.  hope this helps.

Edited by (PS4)fullblast35

Just now, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

if you're running a build with for example 50% strength, the damage you read while absorbing is reduced to half, logically.  Absorb is only affected by efficiency range  and power strength.  I run a chaos build with 40% strength.  100% strength = 200 absorb per second and with my 40% strength build its not 80.  hope this helps.

I'm talking about the Absorbed Damage-to-Consumed Energy ratio though.

Just now, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Energy consumption scales based on the amount of damage you take.  So higher enemy is, higher the damage, more damage absorbed but more energy drained.  all goes back to efficiency.

Exactly. Is THAT affected by strength?