Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pwnatron Has Updated His Table (9.1 Datamining)

Venus-Venera

A bit off-topic - but can anyone verify that Seer even drops from Vor?  I've been asking in-game all day, but no ones responding.  I was wondering how rare it is, and if it's just 1 BP or multiple BP's (akin to what prime weapons require).

It's bad. It has terrible DPS. It doesn't do anything particularly well. (Except for you know... using it as a sniper.)

Acrid, Throwing Knives of any kind, Bronco, Boltos, Lato Prime, all much better. (For spam as many shots as I can because something is in my face.)

EDIT: It's a sniping secondary. (Obviously) Sniping is not very good in Warframe. (The Snipetron needs a word with you, along with many of the players who use bows.) There are little situations where it's useful. (Up close and personal. Because as a Secondary sniper, it is good.)

Fixed.

@HiddenKharma Sniper rifles might be good(Snipetron Vandal/dread) but lex is not even close to their league and it is not even in a latron primes league. Lex has one of the lowest DPS and Kills per minute of any weapon in game. No-return is terrible and sniping weapons that can't do decent AP damage are second-class.

Edited by LazyKnight

It's bad. It has terrible DPS. It doesn't do anything particularly well.

Acrid, Throwing Knives of any kind, Bronco, Boltos, Lato Prime, all much better.

EDIT: It's a sniping secondary. Sniping is not very good in Warframe. There are little situations where it's useful.

The fact that I can one shot Kiste Grineer without the annoying mega zoom, and with a max fire rate mod can be used as a Latron.

The only place it doesn't shine is Infested mission, and then its still good for ripping apart Ancients.

The fact that I can one shot Kiste Grineer without the annoying mega zoom, and with a max fire rate mod can be used as a Latron.

The only place it doesn't shine is Infested mission, and then its still good for ripping apart Ancients.

And you couldn't 1 shot them with Kunais, Despair, Bronco? Or two shot them with a Lato?

And no, It's not good at ripping apart Ancients.. it has such low DPS. If your "ancient ripping" is based on wave 5 Io.. then we can just move on past this discussion already.

Indeed.

People cry about DPS for a Lex.

A six shooter, heavy impact secondary pistol, with pinpoint accuracy. If the firing speed means so much, mod it.

They cry about armor penetration. There is a mod for that to assist.

Barrel Diffusion and Hornet Strike. Goes well over the limit for Rifles, with 100% chance. 

People saying it sucks never took the time to learn its effective areas, or bothered trying to put decent mods into it.

The weapon itself is good. Try to use it in its niche, as a secondary sniper. A finisher. Not a Dual Viper, get out of my face spam.

Indeed.

People cry about DPS for a Lex.

A six shooter, heavy impact secondary pistol, with pinpoint accuracy. If the firing speed means so much, mod it.

They cry about armor penetration. There is a mod for that to assist.

Barrel Diffusion and Hornet Strike. Goes well over the limit for Rifles, with 100% chance. 

People saying it sucks never took the time to learn its effective areas, or bothered trying to put decent mods into it.

The weapon itself is good. Try to use it in its niche, as a secondary sniper. A finisher. Not a Dual Viper, get out of my face spam.

A Lex with maxed dps setup (All dmg mods but AP, Fire Rate, Crit mods) does 2662 dps. A Bronco with maxed DMG mods, Fire Rate, Mag Size, and Reload speed does  7247 dps. Meaning, only about 1/3rd of the burst from the Bronco has to hit to deal equal DPS to the Lex. (These are not using the new mods)

If you all want to use clearly inferior weapons, go ahead. I wouldn't waste any time leveling Lex, I would not suggest it to anyone. It's a weapon bought with credits for god sake, there's a reason it's bad.

The wiki admins actively refuse any and all of Pwnatron's spreadsheet data unfortunately.

You must mean "passively", if at all. I have personally updated the loot tables for all the Endless Defense missions, added all the new Orokin Tower rewards, updated a lot of info on the new Primes, and am patrolling those pages. My edits have been unchallenged thus far.

I'm curious as to what argument there is against Pwnatron's work.

Edited by Guest

You must mean "passively", if at all. I have personally updated the loot tables for all the Endless Defense missions, added all the new Orokin Tower rewards, updated a lot of info on the new Primes, and am patrolling those pages. My edits have been unchallenged thus far.

I'm curious as to what argument there is against Pwnatron's work.

Some things like true attack speed, I guess. Datamined stats are accurate, but not true always. Cronus attack speed for example. For most of the situations his data is good though

Edited by Volunterrorist

Some things like true attack speed, I guess. Datamined stats are accurate, but not true always. Cronus attack speed for example. For most of the situations his data is good though

I'd say the problem with that is actually that the speed values are not left unmodified by the engine, and to make it worse could vary with fps/lag. But you simply have to be smart about it: since it's likely those values are not simple "per second" values and there are actual discrepancies in the wiki, I don't copy those. Things like attack damage and crit chances are most likely simple and true.

Edited by Guest

According to this, the Seer seems kind of like a bad weapon.

Mostly because it has no crit chance and it's damage is nothing too great.

Bronco, Bronco Prime, Acrid, Throwing Knives are all much better options imo.

And as it were ALL but one of the CLAN weapons we have to this day had 0% crit chance when datamined. This changed quite quickly. Dataminning in this game is quite pointless due to how fast DE actually gets onto things such as these facts, for all we know it may well be a "lex prime" once given a crit chance or something...

And as it were ALL but one of the CLAN weapons we have to this day had 0% crit chance when datamined. This changed quite quickly. Dataminning in this game is quite pointless due to how fast DE actually gets onto things such as these facts, for all we know it may well be a "lex prime" once given a crit chance or something...

It can be argued that datamining is good because it gives players solid data with which to call DE out on their S#&$ and demand these changes. You can use RNG to argue against guesswork, but not against hard facts. What do you say?

A bit off-topic - but can anyone verify that Seer even drops from Vor? 

I got a Seer BP, but apparently pwnatron said that it is bugged. When DE nerfed Cronos to decrease the drop rate after each time you kill Vor (so people wouldn't farm Cronos and sell for easy credits), the Seer parts decreases in chance after each Vor run. It does this because Vor's drops are bugged, and it's taking the nerf of Cronos drop but a much lower chance. 

Edited by 360NOSCOPEHEADSHOT

I got a Seer BP, but apparently pwnatron said that it is bugged. When DE nerfed Cronos to decrease the drop rate after each time you kill Vor (so people wouldn't farm Cronos and sell for easy credits), the Seer parts decreases in chance after each Vor bug. It does this because Vor's drops are bugged, and it's taking the nerf of Cronos drop but a much lower chance. 

Holy cow... if that means farming Vor actually makes it harder to get the drops, it will likely become impossible to get if you don't get it in the first three runs.

A Lex with maxed dps setup (All dmg mods but AP, Fire Rate, Crit mods) does 2662 dps. A Bronco with maxed DMG mods, Fire Rate, Mag Size, and Reload speed does  7247 dps. Meaning, only about 1/3rd of the burst from the Bronco has to hit to deal equal DPS to the Lex. (These are not using the new mods)

If you all want to use clearly inferior weapons, go ahead. I wouldn't waste any time leveling Lex, I would not suggest it to anyone. It's a weapon bought with credits for god sake, there's a reason it's bad.

Guess what?

On paper, the Afuris has some of the highest DPS of all the guns.

It's like saying the Fang is superior to the Orthos because it swings faster.

And the whole credits thing? Does that mean the Strun is worse than the Vulkar or Burston? Or Aklato worse than the Furis?

DPS on paper means nothing about actual damage in game, unless the two compared weapons both have full armor ignore.

And I do use the Bronco. But I can't kill anything past short range with the Bronco, despite modding my Dual Bronco to have six shots.

Holy cow... if that means farming Vor actually makes it harder to get the drops, it will likely become impossible to get if you don't get it in the first three runs.

I wonder if a topic should be made in the weapon feed back section so it can be investigated by people that can fix it. This dimisning return isn't something that should be left for even a few days.

Guess what?

And the whole credits thing? Does that mean the Strun is worse than the Vulkar or Burston? Or Aklato worse than the Furis?

DPS on paper means nothing about actual damage in game, unless the two compared weapons both have full armor ignore.

And I do use the Bronco. But I can't kill anything past short range with the Bronco, despite modding my Dual Bronco to have six shots.

LEX is bad for numerous reason it not just a DPS issue it only decent for sniping corpus it is sub average against the other two factions.

Guess what?

Did you miss the part where I said that if you miss half of the pellets on Bronco, you are still doing more damage than Lex? hrm.

it's pretty close to the worst gun in the game, if not the worst.

I wonder if a topic should be made in the weapon feed back section so it can be investigated by people that can fix it. This dimisning return isn't something that should be left for even a few days.

More like the Beta Bugs section. Feedback probably gets a lot less attention. I'd do it, but then I'd have to put up with people blasting my ears off for basing accusations on datamining, before the devs get to even look at the thread.

LEX is bad for numerous reason it not just a DPS issue it only decent for sniping corpus it is sub average against the other two factions.

Obviously because it's a sniper secondary ? Its only below than average for infested.

You can headshot corpus with puncture/ap , grineer have unarmored heads for full or more dmg.

Thread derailed.

Edited by Gingka2k10

Obviously because it's a sniper secondary ?i Its only below than average for infested.

You can headshot corpus with puncture/ap , grineer have unarmored heads for full or more dmg.

Unless they changed Grineer they scale in armor on their head and all resistance for all elementals that are not AP damage. Crewmen take so much electric and fire damage any weapon can kill them if you hit their head. I have a LEX and best mods for it doesn't match any other weapon its really not special, unique or even distinctive in effectiveness at sniping even comparing it to secondary weapons.

Sub average just means it basically in the bottom tier of all weapon in effectiveness for killing NPC, its still useable but any other weapon is better with few exception.

Thread derailed.

Well it doesn't take much when only the first page is really looked at on this type of topic its not a discussion and is more of an announcement. If we are talking about lex and it is in that data file it is technically on topic sort of....

Edited by LazyKnight