The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Needs More Pvp!

silver593

I got this game just a little while ago, I was very disappointed there was no Team Deathmatch, or Team objective. The dojo is a start and all but it is nothing like a Team Deathmatch map with 8 on 8 players that respawn when they die. I really hope more and more PvP is added in the future. (The faq says they are more interested in PvE...)

Edited by silver593

Please use the search engine on the forums relating to a subject that has been talked about before.

This has been suggested several times in the past, however... not that many people want the Solid PVP aspect in the game and there won't be any balances for it any time soon.

One last thing, Suggesting PvP modes is sort of like Tabu in the forums.... bait for flamers pretty much.

silver593, on 13 Jul 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:

I got this game just a little while ago, I was very disappointed there was no Team Deathmatch, or Team objective. The dojo is a start and all but it is nothing like a Team Deathmatch map with 8 on 8 players that respawn when they die. I really hope more and more PvP is added in the future. (The faq says they are more interested in PvE...)

stop

Son. Imma go easy on you since you are new.

Warframe is PvE oriented. PvP is only there to make people stop begging for it. The Lore of the game does not support PvP in any way other than friendly competition. Hence dueling. The Lore is a very important part of the game, it defines a lot of actions here. PvP will be added and expanded upon, but probably not in the way you are thinking.

No way to balance the frames without major changes to powers. By the time you got the frames "balanced" they would all pretty much be the same thing.

No PvP.

The description clearly stats coop PvE.

No PvP.

The fact that the game doesn't have / isn't going to have any real PvP should not be a surprise.

No PvP.

On the bright side there are hundreds of other titles that offer what you're looking for.

No PvP.

Get ready for PvErs to hate you for wanting PvP in their game. Get ready for them to tell you to go play something else because your kind is not wanted here. Nevermind, I warned you too late. It has already started.

I for one do not understand how PvErs can hate on PvP so much. They do not have to participate in PvP. They just need to back off and let the players that enjoy PvE and PvP enjoy the game in their own way. They give many arguments against allowing PvP in this game, but it seems like there are not that many, if any, reasonable arguments against putting more PvP in Warframe.

My favorite argument for PvP being in this game is "the developers simply put PvP into the game to stop people from begging for it" while also saying "no one wants PvP in this game." People will seriously put this two sentences in the same paragraph without understanding that they provided evidence that refutes their own arguments.

The direction PvP takes in this game, as shown in the various events (I don't know if you were around for the Grineer Spy Drones last week, but with a post like this I doubt you saw the Fusion MOAs), is friendly rivalry and cooperative competition.  You're comparing stats and bragging about personal bests rather than killing one another directly.  Even duels are explicitly there for training, although I wouldn't be that surprised to see ceremonial clan-to-clan duels one day (the exact same mechanics but outside of the dojo).  Frankly, I find it a breath of fresh air that the devs don't feel a need to incorporate Classic Shooter Multiplayer - and considering this is the company behind Unreal, they practically invented it - and instead focuses on the hopefully fun, flashy, and fast-paced PvE content that makes up all but one room of the game.

I would like to see pvp in the game, but understand that its not the game's focus.

That said I would much rather they make the pve fulfilling before changing gears if they feel like it. I rather wait years into this game's life for a new quality mode than something rushed. Let them make a solid co-op game first, before asking for more.

Edited by Numot

Ignore the GM wannabees pretending they work for DE mate. Its a good point and one I now support. I personaly would love a 4 x 4 mobile defense mission. Maybe just build it in your dojo. You can invite another clan in and have some fun. We could also then practice tactics for the mobile defense mission as it can be hard now on Kiste.

To everyone else. Just post. Put your thoughts down. Ignore the muppets who think they are better than you and work for DE.

Ignore the GM wannabees pretending they work for DE mate. Its a good point and one I now support. I personaly would love a 4 x 4 mobile defense mission. Maybe just build it in your dojo. You can invite another clan in and have some fun. We could also then practice tactics for the mobile defense mission as it can be hard now on Kiste.

To everyone else. Just post. Put your thoughts down. Ignore the muppets who think they are better than you and work for DE.

Post it off-topic then, official PvP topic is there.

Muppet.

Post it off-topic then, official PvP topic is there.

Muppet.

You do not work for DE so F*** off and go farm something. I would never see it there and nor would anyone else.

TWAT.

See, GM wannabess who think they work for Digital Extremes.

Pvp is not a taboo.

You do not work for DE so F*** off and go farm something. I would never see it there and nor would anyone else. Oh wow, i thought this was feedback forum or something LOLOLOL

TWAT. Insults on a forum over a game...... you realize the mods are gonna give you a warning right bro?

See, GM wannabess who think they work for Digital Extremes. It's called feedback, Deal with it.

Pvp is not a taboo. It's not. You have an opinion. You like PVP and i can respect that bro..... except when you put like this. Your being a real jerk here. PVP is not taboo i agree, but most people here including me think that there is too much of it. Multiplayer PVE is rare these days. It's a refreshment from all the SHOW OFF YOUR MASSIVE E-PEENS!!!!!

Pvp is not a taboo.

No, it's just not part of Warframe's development. It is neither a balancing concern, something DE has elevated interest in or part of the lore. PvP is everything but this game. Clan dojo duels are provided as-is. There's your outlet, have it, more is not planned. Might come, one day, but the priority is lower than finding typos in the Portuguese version of Warframe.

These discussions here are, thusly, pointless. It is like two students of economics and behavorial sciences sitting in a café, with a cuppa tea, discussing how to fix the world. No one will listen to them, their ideas won't spark a change, but yeah, sure, they can talk about it all day, mate. All day.

It's just not going to bear any fruit.

Locking this. Why? It's JAPT - Just Another PvP Thread. They always go the same, they never produce anything of value, and people always make the same faults when approaching the matter. PvP in Warframe does not work properly, especially not at anything above duels. Why? Peer-to-peer. Balancing. Movement locks. Oneshot abilities. And the list goes on and on ...