The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

crazy Mesa suggestion : let us use her regulators as secondary if no secondary is equipped

DeadScream

Heyyyy, it's been a while since my last stupid crazy idea thread ! 

I said pretty much everything in the title. :3 

When you launch a mission as Mesa and don't equip any secondary weapon, Mesa will use her Regulators instead. They have the same stats as when she uses her #4,  but you will have to actually aim at stuff. 

Instead of using ammo, Regulators consume 5 energy per shot (affected by efficiency mods ?). 

Yeah ? 

Or is it REALLY stupid ?

Edited by DeadScream
correction

Just now, Kalvorax said:

but why? her PM Benefits from a secondary equipped in the first place.

Yeah, basically it would be some alternative gameplay idea but would need something to make it "balanced" (PM is still awesome without any secondary equipped though, wipes out sortie 3 Corpus with no problem) 

Just a random idea, not a full concept for sure :) 

Not gonna lie, I've been wanting this for a while. Wouldn't work, though. It'd be a top-tier set of pistols that you get basically for free by simply getting the frame. 

They'd either have to change the stats while they're not being used for Peacemaker and possibly let it be modded in the Arsenal like any other secondary. You'd also need the option to NOT use them for those people that like running without pistols.

Also, 5 energy per sot? That's quite a lot for guns that would be spammed often. 

3 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Not gonna lie, I've been wanting this for a while. Wouldn't work, though. It'd be a top-tier set of pistols that you get basically for free by simply getting the frame. 

They'd either have to change the stats while they're not being used for Peacemaker and possibly let it be modded in the Arsenal like any other secondary. You'd also need the option to NOT use them for those people that like running without pistols.

Also, 5 energy per sot? That's quite a lot for guns that would be spammed often. 

Ehm, on the "too powerful" aspect, in fact the 5 energy per shot are here to balance it a little bit :) 

It's basically giving Mesa a 5th ability when she has no secondary equipped. But I agree it would be neat if we could mod it indepedently from our secondary weapons.

Interesting, but I just don't see the appeal beyond, " I can has Mesa pistols!" Which is pretty awesome, but I see it being a severe downgrade as opposed to something cool. 

Plus, I think you should delete this thread now as D.E. might see it and think that it might be a good idea to make us grind for her pistols separately, just so we can use Peace Maker! Perish the thought! 

Happy UnEaster, Tenno! 

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Interesting, but I just don't see the appeal beyond, " I can has Mesa pistols!" Which is pretty awesome, but I see it being a severe downgrade as opposed to something cool. 

Plus, I think you should delete this thread now as D.E. might see it and think that it might be a good idea to make us grind for her pistols separately, just so we can use Peace Maker! Perish the thought! 

Happy UnEaster, Tenno! 

Huh ehh... Thanks... But not thanks somehow... Not sure how to feel about this positive unpositive comment... 

:B 

(I would totally agree with a new type of weapon which would consume energy instead of ammo, am I mad ?)