Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artifacts?

MoreLitThanBic

Question

3 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, MoreLitThanBic said:

So im a new player on Warframe and just defeated the first boss. Ive recieved these things called artifacts but i dont know what they are or how theyre used, anyone have any tips?

they're used to get primed parts (primed items in this game are upgrades from the original) by playing fissure missions on the star chart
you'll end up getting access to the void relic refiment once you get further in if i can remember

10 hours ago, Roominashum said:

they're used to get primed parts (primed items in this game are upgrades from the original) by playing fissure missions on the star chart
you'll end up getting access to the void relic refiment once you get further in if i can remember

You gain access to relic refinement at MR3 after completing the Once Awake quest, to clarify.

To further clarify, relics contain their own drop table of 3 common, 2 uncommon, and 1 rare item, ranging from prime weapon/frame parts to blueprints to forma. When you run a void fissure mission your relic that you take in generates one listed reward, but you get to select one reward from all players that participated in the mission - presenting potentially 4 rewards to select from out of a pool of potentially 20 items depending on the selected relics. Relics are consumed after reward selection, but you get them as rewards regularly from most mission types, but in bulk through survival, defense, and excavation.

The aforementioned refinement lets you spend void traces, earned primarily through cracking open relics and having allies select your relic during reward selection, to improve the chances of an uncommon or rare drop.