Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide of the Lotus?

(PSN)VoiceOfAegis

Question

5 answers to this question

"Q: Okay cool, so how exactly do I become a Guide?
A: Guides are selected via recruitment process. Announcements on when recruitment is open are posted on the Forums with a link to the application. Players are asked to fill all required fields to the best of their ability. 

If you meet the following Guide requirements and answer the application questions excellently, you may be selected:

- You have at least 800 hours of gameplay logged under your Profile > Stats > Time Played (Steam hours will not be attributed to overall count).
- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.
- You have an account on the Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile (Warning points will not count if they have expired). *Note: This a necessary requirement to keep in contact with the program manager and the guides. 

If selected, players are required to contact the program manager ([DE]Danielle) to accept the position. If they do not contact her before the cut off date, they will no longer be eligible to join the program."

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/607600-2017-updates-inside-guides-of-the-lotus-gotl-faq/

Here's info straight from the wiki

Guides of the Lotus are selected by the development team using input from the existing Senior Guides. A known candidate standard of the Guides of the Lotus program is that:

• They have at least 800 hours of gameplay logged (Steam hours will not be attributed to overall count).
  • They display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.
  • They have no more than 1 active warning point on their profile (30-Day temporary warning points will not count if they have expired).[1]

Community Moderators on the Warframe Official Forums acted as lead Senior Guides, while a select number of members from the community acted as Junior Guides, to help the program.

Selected players that are recruited to guides position will also receive an in-game message concerning the offer to become one. These recruits will start as Junior Guides, who will have chance to take on the role as Senior Guides. Guides are recruited through participation in an application process when available.

Junior Guides who receive the opportunity to become a Senior Guide will undergo a trial period, during which their performance will be evaluated before becoming permanent Senior Guides. Unsatisfactory performance at this point will return the player to their former position of a Junior Guide.

On 22/04/2017 at 10:04 PM, NovusNova said:

"Q: Okay cool, so how exactly do I become a Guide?
A: Guides are selected via recruitment process. Announcements on when recruitment is open are posted on the Forums with a link to the application. Players are asked to fill all required fields to the best of their ability. 

If you meet the following Guide requirements and answer the application questions excellently, you may be selected:

- You have at least 800 hours of gameplay logged under your Profile > Stats > Time Played (Steam hours will not be attributed to overall count).
- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content.
- You have an account on the Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile (Warning points will not count if they have expired). *Note: This a necessary requirement to keep in contact with the program manager and the guides. 

If selected, players are required to contact the program manager ([DE]Danielle) to accept the position. If they do not contact her before the cut off date, they will no longer be eligible to join the program."

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/607600-2017-updates-inside-guides-of-the-lotus-gotl-faq/

I appreciate the links, and I'm sorry for sounding like a klutz, but does this mean I'd just be randomly contacted or do I would I have to fill something in to get that chance first? If the latter, where can I find this form or whatever it is?

8 hours ago, (PS4)VoiceOfAegis said:

I appreciate the links, and I'm sorry for sounding like a klutz, but does this mean I'd just be randomly contacted or do I would I have to fill something in to get that chance first? If the latter, where can I find this form or whatever it is?

When Guides of the Lotus recruitment opens, DE will post forms (different ones for each platform) that you will need to fill in and submit to apply.

At this time, we do not know when DE will start the next guide recruitment so keep an eye out for when it's announced.