Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The New "aura" System...

Enomilli

Being able to upgrade Aura is really nice and all by my only issue with it is that it takes from our Warframe energy...

Why call it Aura when it uses energy? Why not give Warframes a new energy pool called Aura to work with? Or better yet make it so we can still upgrade the Aura mods without using up Warframe energy...

It's annoying to have worked on a perfect build for my Saryn and then this new Aura system comes along and ruins everything that I've done to optimize a build for my Saryn...even worse we cannot underclock mods so that is yet another loss to put onto the table...

Things were much better before when we did not need to use energy on our Warframes to power these artifacts and it feels like more of a setback than anything for all of us as a whole who had perfected builds...

It is really a severe imbalance on the part of using energy to make Warframes work...

I know it's Beta so allow me to put that out there before that argument fills up this thread like it does any other thread trying to talk about what's wrong with Warframe...I just hope something like this does not stay permanent...

It's hard enough to fit in your skills, Rush Mods, Redirections, Forma, and have all of that be enough for end game when sometimes it still wont be enough as this game progresses...but now we must make room for yet a new "mod" and throw out an important mod that we needed for a build simply because this new Aura system has benefits that we desire?

My sincerest apologies but I dislike this Aura system as a whole...flame me if you must...these are just my two cents on the matter...

I do like the fact that certain Tenno work most efficiently with a certain type of Aura, though. 

It's a nice thought, but it's irritating to log in and find that the only Artifact I have on hand that my Ember can use is Steel Charge, as opposed to Energy Siphon or Rifle Scavenger- things that actually help in Infested missions.

Aura mod system - 'call me late for dinner' - where can I read up info on this topic explanating this new Aura mod system? What is it exactly? What are these special mods? - Any detailed info about? - the odd few comments i've Forums Searched don't give details...just, Like or Dislike it and Polarities queries...sorry just need some input. Tnx in advance.

If they just put an aura specific polarity in the slot it would be fine. Just like the Warframe powers.

No.

It's still taking up precious mod points.

Instead of a new system for artifact tiers they just converted everything to mods. (Did they take the short and easy route? Who am I to judge, I don't know how hard programming is.)

Aura mod system - 'call me late for dinner' - where can I read up info on this topic explanating this new Aura mod system? What is it exactly? What are these special mods? - Any detailed info about? - the odd few comments i've Forums Searched don't give details...just, Like or Dislike it and Polarities queries...sorry just need some input. Tnx in advance.

Every artifact you ever got is now a mod which you can level up like any other mod.

It's now called aura and goes into a new slot. (so your warframe now has a new special slot that only aura labelled mods can go in.)

They take up mod points like any other mod.

+1 although personally i could live with the energy use if auras had their own aura specific polarity as mentioned above really dont feel like formaing my warframe every time i want to switch auras

I really don't see why they shouldn't be costing mod points, they add to your power as a player, make a decision, if you want to play with them or no.

I really like the aura system because it breeds customization in both high end play and low end play, because now you just can't pick A, B and C but need to choose between A, B and C.

I've used several forma on my saryn to make my build work, will most likely end up polarizing everything so i can get everything i want on her. But for now, well, im roling with my defensive polarity artifact to gain more health to fuel my rage ;P

Edit: I'm pretty neutral on the polarity side of thing, it makes us more inclined to pick a specific route, they should've implemented it as such as a mod that is "polarized" gains something and you can equip everything freely though

Edited by Rottae

I do like the fact that certain Tenno work most efficiently with a certain type of Aura, though. 

True, but then there are Warframes that are supplemented tremendously by one type of Aura (for example, Energy Siphon with any energy sink frame, or Physique/Rejuvenation on a Rhino, maybe Infested Impedance on an Ember) but can't use them due to high costs coupled with inconsistent polarities.

Frankly, in Livestream 8 we were told they'd have their own polarity slot (a la frame powers and sentinel powers) but thus far I'm not seeing it.

Edited by Archwizard

I couldn't agree more that this is a setback.  I can hardly find a round were I am the only one using an artifact of choice,  on average im seeing maybe 2 people using including myself,  and the way the polarities work on it make it even cost more to use certain mods, It has become irritating because this update seems to limit the gameplay of warframe.

I hope this change is revoked.

Yes.. this new mod artifact system is horrible!

I can't use my warframes for both offensive and defensive roles anymore since i'd have to re-forma them all AGAIN thx to this madness.

Even worse is the fact that now i need to go into squad chat and ask ppl what artifacts tjhey have on so we can coordinate our plan before we launch a mission (guess how many times that has actually worked before some noob launches the mission)

No more change on the fly but instead it takes me 20 minutes to fix all mods to the perfect level and then find a artifact that will be of use to us in the mission.

Devs got careless with this new system :(

I really like the aura system because it breeds customization in both high end play and low end play, because now you either have to use even more Formas to pick A, B and C, or choose between A, B and C.

Fixed it for ya.

Edited by ArdentSky