Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gone Over The Top In Complexity

Razorfire

This isn't fun anymore.

The way the artifacts have been handled... it's a bad move and made it overly complex. 

Complexity is not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of foolish stupidity. Complexity just makes it a lot more work, and that's just not smart, it's just politics.

Sorry, guys, but you're running off the rails.

I came to the game because it wasn't too complex. The rules were simple and I could immerse myself. Not anymore. Now it's "Can I afford to buy some more plat?" I've sunk about $70 into this game, and that's FAR more than I'm willing to spend on ANY game. As far as I'm concerned, I purchased my legal copy, and it's subsequent updates. The fact that I have to rebalance my warframes all of a sudden, and spend money to do it was basically a seeky trick on DE's part.

I understand that DE has to make a profit, but... I don't like being abused and manipulated for some one else's sake. A game for the consumer shouldn't be so much work. It should be fun, and frankly, profit driven development like this is not fun for me. I feel like I've been screwed...

much like Combat Arms.

I'll be back once in awhile.

Complexity is not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of foolish stupidity. Complexity just makes it a lot more work, and that's just not smart, it's just politics.

I can't even read the rest of your post, I'm just laughing really hard.

...The fact that I have to rebalanced my warframes all of a sudden, and spend money to do it was basically a sneaky trick on DE's part...

You do not have to spend money on the game. I would like you to explain why you think you do. From your statement I believe you are talking about Artifacts now using mod capacity. There are problems with this, but I trust that it will at least be partly fixed by next Friday.

Even if it is not, you do not have to spend money to get Forma to get more mod capacity, all you have to do is some void runs. Maybe a lot of void runs, but with Void Keys being so easy to get now it is not a real problem. If you have time anyway. An MMO of any kind is either a big time sink or a big money sink. Though that is due to the perpetual nature of the hobby.

Also making Artifacts a special kind of mod does not seem complex in any way. If anything it decreased complexity, which can often be worse.

TLDR: The only thing in the game you have to spend money on are cosmetics and frame/weapon slots.

Well, the old artifact system was also unnecessarily complex....They could have just given the team 0.5 energy regen per player and nothing would change.

Jokes aside, the old artifact system was even worse because it involved waiting for an alert to come up to get one of the two useful artifacts so that you could activate what would, from then on in, be considered a core gameplay mechanic. Basically they made you jump through hoops to get something that should be part of the core experience. Now, because they take up mod points it's turned artifacts from a necessity to a luxury. Now, because there are some drawbacks to taking them, they've become something that you want, not something you need, which makes their place in the alert roulette more sensible.

The biggest issue that the aura change has brought up is that it's now very, very obvious that energy regen should be a core mechanic, not an optional mod/aura/artifact/rubberduck. That should probably be thought about.

I do not understand how moving the artifacts onto the modifications made the game more complex. It could be seen as bothersome because you now have to use a forma on the aura slot in order to use certain auras with certain warframes, but that is about it. Well, that and having to use up mod slots to equip artifacts. 

+1 to OP, my thought exactly.

Instead of milking money with introducing uncomfortable changes to make it back to comfortable gameplay, you need to introduce  vanity items in shop.

I bough 1000 plat and so far only spent 1/4 of it. I consider color prices too much and won't buy. I may buy sentiel attachments, but still thinking.

I won't buy resources, won't buy formas just because you ruin my gameplay. I won't.

So instead of breaking things with plat to fix - make new ones worth of spending.

I do like to see items that you can customise your warframe with.

No I am not speaking of image avatars, thats just stupid, not speaking of colors. I am speaking of appearance changes(different body/heads) with no freaking change in mechanic, just appearance. I do like my loki essence helmet and even if it looks ugly I won't trade it for other because it is usefull. You need to implement different appearance options without stat change. Also I am looking forward to different animation sets. Yes I would buy those at reasonable prices it they are worth that. So I can customize my warframe even more. Like dancing and emotes. People like customisation, why won't you listen ?

Edited by Unibot

Well, I just hope they apply hotfixes liberally.

But I am disappointed that they do this every time (Release an update, use the Beta shield and hotfix things until they're able to distract the community from the last few problems with a new shiny update and more problems. I haven't seen nearly as much weapon sound change feedback since U9. Which is sad, because I can't bring myself to use Shotguns.)

Here's how I view the artifact system as it stands now.

I can't swap out artifacts easily to suit the mission, on the fly.

I can't see what others have chosen for an artifact so I can make a more balanced choice.

The polarization of artifacts means that I'll have to either depolarize a slot or polarize a slot, meaning I'll have to start all over again, not to mention I have to add another layer of complexity to account for the cost of slots, and reserve some just for the artifact. I'll be spending as much time messing with the slots as I would be in mission. I'd rather be in a mission.

Adding the artifacts into the mod pile means I'll have to spend a LOT of time hunting for it, considering that I have over 40 pages of mods to scroll through now, and that's tedious, never mind the fusion process.

I get the idea of rocking the boat once in awhile, but this particular change in the artifact system capsized it for me.

I have a list of other concerns but... I really don't feel like spending the day compiling them, especially since that list isn't likely to be seriously considered. :) I'm not on the design council after all. :) 

I have a list of other concerns but... I really don't feel like spending the day compiling them, especially since that list isn't likely to be seriously considered. :) I'm not on the design council after all. :)

From my understanding the design council isn't even taken too seriously, if it were I doubt this would have ever happened. We have known on the forums that Artifacts would become more like a mod for some time, DE has said as much in different places. However, we did not get any information on how it would work. Unfortunately, while making them like mods is not a bad idea, how they did it was horrible, so we just have to hope they fix it.