Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pricing tips for the market?

JadeFromWarframe

Question

Ok, so I've figured out my plans for plat farming: get relics, get prime parts, get paid, repeat. Trouble is, I'm seeing a wide range of commonly-used prices for some items, and I'm not sure what to price my stuff as. One of the Paris prime parts, for example, goes from anywhere from 1 to 10 plat with every value in-between being really frequent.

On top of that, I'm seeing that the whole weapon doesn't normally go for much more plat than the sum of its parts. I'd expect it to be more valuable, since you're getting the whole thing instead of just the parts which take additional time and/or resources to procure. Should I take this as a sign that I should sell the parts individually, or should I disregard it and wait to get the whole before selling the parts when possible?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm using Warframe Market, not the trade chat. I'm a good boy.

Edited by SirKeksalot

7 answers to this question

What are you trying to sell?  Paris Prime, for instance, is so common that no one will ever buy it for a price you would be willing to sell it for.  You'd be lucky to get 10p for the whole set.

Whole sets of weapons or frames tend to be worth a little more than the parts.  Generally, if a set has one rare piece, that piece is worth 60 to 80 percent of the value of the set.  The other parts may be nearly worthless without the rare part.

If you have lots of items to sell, put your price in your WTS post and try and undercut what you see other people advertising.  You'll make a lot more Plat per minute that way.  If you only have one or two things to sell and lots of time, hold out for good prices.

Trade chats can be difficult to really understand, but this is for a good reason. A lot of players that want the more common Primes are players that have little or no knowledge of trade prices, because of this the prices get mixed up.

My advice, use this website for a reference on the average price whenever you try to sell ANYTHING. It's worked for me so far.

https://warframe.market/

Just type in the name, look at a couple of the common prices and make a decision from there.

Also watch for people that try to slip through and get it from you cheap, but at the same time be negotiable with your costs. Otherwise you can just scare off business.

Hope this helps!

Trade chat requires time to get an accurate buy/sell price on items

When using warframe.market website check both the sell and buy tabs for the listed prices. the value is often in between both listings.

In the end the Warframe can be quite silly with it's prices. Trying to get max value for primed parts has become rather difficult since Relics. Usually it's best to sell a set around 6-8 months after it's been vaulted and even then you have to guesstimate if the product is going to be valued by other players.

If you just need plat to get on with game then do what you have to do just remember there's value in the long term investment. I don't sell frame parts or weapons I know to be good. I wait. Even a year or so. You also need to be familiar with the habits of the game to know when to sell those items you've been sitting on before they get re-released. If you play long enough you can ride previous investments and get a lot more plat for your time.

Edited by Xzorn

51 minutes ago, (PS4)VoiceOfAegis said:

Trade chats can be difficult to really understand, but this is for a good reason. A lot of players that want the more common Primes are players that have little or no knowledge of trade prices, because of this the prices get mixed up.

My advice, use this website for a reference on the average price whenever you try to sell ANYTHING. It's worked for me so far.

https://warframe.market/

Just type in the name, look at a couple of the common prices and make a decision from there.

Also watch for people that try to slip through and get it from you cheap, but at the same time be negotiable with your costs. Otherwise you can just scare off business.

Hope this helps!

41 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Trade chat requires time to get an accurate buy/sell price on items

When using warframe.market website check both the sell and buy tabs for the listed prices. the value is often in between both listings.

In the end the Warframe can be quite silly with it's prices. Trying to get max value for primed parts has become rather difficult since Relics. Usually it's best to sell a set around 6-8 months after it's been vaulted and even then you have to guesstimate if the product is going to be valued by other players.

If you just need plat to get on with game then do what you have to do just remember there's value in the long term investment. I don't sell frame parts or weapons I know to be good. I wait. Even a year or so. You also need to be familiar with the habits of the game to know when to sell those items you've been sitting on before they get re-released. If you play long enough you can ride previous investments and get a lot more plat for your time.

I forgot to mention that I am using Warframe Market, and that's where I'm getting all these skewed numbers.

Anyway, would an item be that much more valuable than its blueprints? Asking because Nitain Extract is hard to come by, and I don't want to use it on my newly-acquired Nekros prime neuroptics if I don't have to.

Edited by SirKeksalot

11 hours ago, SirKeksalot said:

I forgot to mention that I am using Warframe Market, and that's where I'm getting all these skewed numbers.

Anyway, would an item be that much more valuable than its blueprints? Asking because Nitain Extract is hard to come by, and I don't want to use it on my newly-acquired Nekros prime neuroptics if I don't have to.

If a part drops as a BP, such as the mentioned Neuroptics, it cannot be traded as a crafted item. Only the original dropped form can be traded, so save your Extract (and sanity).