Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your favourite bugged lad is back with a new error! WOHO FML!

Hurtzl

Question

You think if i jump off my chair i'll die? Because that's how suicidal Steam and Warframe are currently making me.

I happily encountered a new error about "executable missing" http://prnt.sc/f1re34, after a long search and lots of videos with fixes that did me no good i just realized that the "Warframe.exe" file was missing for some reason and i copied it back from the copy i have of the game files and the "executable missing" error was fixed!

Guess who's back at it again with the Steam re-downloading Warframe which is RIGHT THERE in the Steamapps folder? YES MEEEEE! 

Here's a little review of my previous suffering: 

And well, it was fixed thanks to @Erocelec  but i seem to be encountering the same issue again after copying the missing Warframe.exe file into the original files. I tried to do the same fix again but it is not working, i tried to verify the game and nothing is fixed http://prnt.sc/f1rg33

My antivirus is off.    http://prnt.sc/f1s8gz 

Windows Defender is off   http://prnt.sc/f1s7rz

Firewall is off     http://prnt.sc/f1s86q

My steam is updated http://prntscr.com/f1s0zs 

This used to change after launching the game but now it doesn't change at all since i tried to do like the previous fix: http://prntscr.com/f1s1e2

Can someone share with me their updated appmanifest_23041 file information so that i can copy them into mine? I want to try this out as a fix

Can i sue Digital Extremes and Steam for my certain near death? "13 reasons Whyframe".

Help

pls

pl0x

welp

smh

Edited by Hurtzl
appmanifest_23041 request

The only reason an executable would be vanishing, especially repeatedly, would be antivirus/antimalware action.

I know you've already stated that it's off, but I have to go through the checklist.

* Please list all antivirus and antimalware software that you have installed.

* Have you disabled Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials?

* Have you checked your AV/AM quarantines to see if a quarantined copy of the .exe has shown up?

* When was the last time you performed a full AV/AM scan of your PC?

Just now, AzureFang1 said:

The only reason an executable would be vanishing, especially repeatedly, would be antivirus/antimalware action.

I know you've already stated that it's off, but I have to go through the checklist.

* Please list all antivirus and antimalware software that you have installed.

* Have you disabled Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials?

* Have you checked your AV/AM quarantines to see if a quarantined copy of the .exe has shown up?

* When was the last time you performed a full AV/AM scan of your PC?

Avira is the only active antivirus i have. http://prntscr.com/f1s8gz http://prnt.sc/f1s7rz  http://prnt.sc/f1s86q

Not sure how can i access the AV/AM quarantines, kinda forgot lol. But i am pretty sure i hadn't done such scan in like months at least.

A quick Google search states that you can find Avira's quarantine in the Administration section of the Avira Control Panel. See if you can hunt that down and see if you have anything there.

Edited by AzureFang1
I hate posting from mobile

Can you share me with your appmanifest_230410 files' settings so i can try and copy them? i found a more broad solution i'd want to try but it is 2 years ago so the build will be a lot different. 

Edited by Hurtzl

And I assume the "suspicious file" entries are also not the .exe?

I'm still under the assumption Avira is nuking the .exe, especially after finding a few (albeit old) search results with similar issues. Honestly, I would consider uninstalling Avira to see if that helps. Microsoft has turned Windows Defender into a surprisingly strong AV/AM and it has become all that most users will need.

3 minutes ago, AzureFang1 said:

And I assume the "suspicious file" entries are also not the .exe?

I'm still under the assumption Avira is nuking the .exe, especially after finding a few (albeit old) search results with similar issues. Honestly, I would consider uninstalling Avira to see if that helps. Microsoft has turned Windows Defender into a surprisingly strong AV/AM and it has become all that most users will need.

Honestly, Its been since Warframe was released and i have had the same antivirus and maleware softwares, they did do as you've mentioned to some games but never really to Warframe. Please if you have your game updated to an extent can you share your appmanifest_23041 information? I feel like it would work. 

As previous error the only thing thats changed was the Stateflags but now i noticed its all of the file's info

Edited by Hurtzl

5 minutes ago, Hurtzl said:

Can you share me with your appmanifest_230410 files' settings so i can try and copy them? i found a more broad solution i'd want to try but it is 2 years ago so the build will be a lot different. 

I'm actually at work, so I cannot at the moment. But a malformed manifest shouldn't be causing just the .exe to be vanishing. It would only cause Steam to fail to recognize the installation and try to reinstall on launch. If the .exe is actually gone after install then something else is happening.

I'm actually at work, so I cannot at the moment. But a malformed manifest shouldn't be causing just the .exe to be vanishing. It would only cause Steam to fail to recognize the installation and try to reinstall on launch. If the .exe is actually gone after install then something else is happening.

I fixed the .exe thing as i copied it from the other copy of that game that i have. My issue now i suppose it with the appmanifest_23041 file

1 minute ago, Asphyxxia said:

Do NOT share any of your own game files or data.

@Hurtzl if you need technical assistance please use official support service and do not ask for data from other players.

This is a generic file? lol and like i am asking for it based on a previous fix not like out of nowhere 

And don't i know you? ._   .

Edited by Hurtzl

1 minute ago, Hurtzl said:

This is a generic file? lol and like i am asking for it based on a previous fix not like out of nowhere 

And don't i know you? ._   .

Still this is not bug report section nor it's support. Players helping players is not for game fixing, it's for sharing game knowledge and helping with the actual game. No one can help you better than support too.

Just now, Asphyxxia said:

Still this is not bug report section nor it's support. Players helping players is not for game fixing, it's for sharing game knowledge and helping with the actual game. No one can help you better than support too.

The support takes forever.

Players can help players within different aspects not including the one you are using right now.

A PLAYER solved my issue before.

I don't need to be a PC-super-know-all to understand that this appmanifest_230410 file is a generic steam file that is pretty much the same for everyone.

It was shared before and no one complained: 

I could use this but its 2 years old which is why i am asking for an updated file instead of having to sit on of 2 years worth of update, i might better of re-download the game and if i was easily able to re-download the game i wouldn't have been on here in the first place.

41 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

Do NOT share any of your own game files or data.

@Hurtzl if you need technical assistance please use official support service and do not ask for data from other players.

The appmanifest files on Steam are generic, app specific installation instruction file. They hold no identifiable information and are identical on every PC that has Steam Warframe.

EDIT: And ninja'd. Started the post, then a super performed a surprise site check on me :facepalm:

Edited by AzureFang1

Back on track, @Hurtzl when I get home in 3 hours, if you still need it, I'll post my manifest.

i am getting it from a clan mate. I'll update if it works or not! Thanks alot

Just now, Hurtzl said:

i am getting it from a clan mate. I'll update if it works or not! Thanks alot

GL, hope it works. You can count on this licensed technician (serious, 12 years of professional experience) to be here if it doesn't. I like mystery bugs :satisfied:

44 minutes ago, AzureFang1 said:

GL, hope it works. You can count on this licensed technician (serious, 12 years of professional experience) to be here if it doesn't. I like mystery bugs :satisfied:

I got the files and replaced them. Nothing changed. Smh

16 minutes ago, Hurtzl said:

I got the files and replaced them. Nothing changed. Smh

No offense, but I kinda said it wouldn't.

Honestly, give this a shot:

1) Uninstall Avira

2) Activate Windows Defender (just to be safe)

3) From your Steam library, right-click on Warframe, hit properties, then files, hit verify integrity

4) Let it do its thing, then try running the game

38 minutes ago, AzureFang1 said:

No offense, but I kinda said it wouldn't.

Honestly, give this a shot:

1) Uninstall Avira

2) Activate Windows Defender (just to be safe)

3) From your Steam library, right-click on Warframe, hit properties, then files, hit verify integrity

4) Let it do its thing, then try running the game

It retrieved like 220 files but then started re-downloading the whole game, again. Oh my god, its been 6 hours trying to fix this.

3 minutes ago, Hurtzl said:

It retrieved like 220 files but then started re-downloading the whole game, again. Oh my god, its been 6 hours trying to fix this.

Welcome to digitally distributed gaming - "The Future is N-CRC MISMATCH: PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD TO CONTINUE MESSAGE

Edited by AzureFang1