Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet another topic about changing the Void. ( now with poll)

Whiskered

Yes I am aware. Everyone wants void to get changed, reworked and improved.  Possibly many of thees things were already suggested as well, but few I doubt.

So right now there is a very little reason to go to void except Argon and Corrputed Vor.

RESOURCES

First thing I wanted to adders are the resources available in the void. Control modules doesn't make any sense to be there, and should be replaced by orokin cells. Just tweak their drop rate to not be too high. To balance things out, let's take away cells from some some grinner controlled planet and replace them with neural sensors and put control modules on Jupiter instead control modules.

Additional I think ferrite could be removed from void drop chart as well. No point for it to be there. IT could be replaced by increasing chance to find oxium in the void. After all it is material used commonly by orokin. Not much quantities , just a little tiny bit but more than other places. Also I think that all nav cord drops could be replaced by the void traces, like 5 per pick up.  So that void lets you to get better resources and void traces from other places than just rifts. 

This one is a little bit more extreme but there could be a higher chance to get relics from void missions as reward. Even for missions like extermination. Also improve drops from orokin sabotge caches, and increase spwan rate of ayatan sculptures in void. 

I think it would make sense that you can find orokin loot and tech easier on a orokin space station after all.

ENEMIES AND WEAPONS

Next thing. I think eniems could be tweaked and buffed a little bit and also all of their weapons should be prisma'd.  So all of their damage output would be a bit higher and we could get soem nice new prisma weapon. Like prisma tonkor, flux rifle, sturn, dera, etc. It would make weapons of corrupted units to match their look and more weapons for us, besides when was last time we had a new prisma weapon. 

Maybe it would be also possible to get prisma weapons from other places than just baro. I don't mean all of them, just maybe few of new ones.

Alternatively they could use a corrupted versions of weapons. Improved and rebuild by neural sentry network. By improved I mean like the nullifer field. So we take old wepaon and replace some of it's elements with better, orokin grade pieces. Like a corrupted dera could have orokin battery in place of corpus one, and could have also better grip and stock, and similar treatment for all other weapons.

Right Enemies.

I think that there should be some more enemies of orokin origin. Some orokin built robots and drones, as currently the list of orokin security systems is not that impressive, just drones and turrets. How about some big heavy gun platforms that feature multiple and independed guns that each could track and shoot players from each direction in same time. IT could be also based upon death orb and laser plate technology we already have.  Provide some challenge to players and show how badass orokin technology was/is.

We could also use some more corrupted enemies as well, since there was added so many new enemies. Some could get corrupted treatment. Things like Corrupted Balifs or maybe even Corrputed Zanuka, or Hyena. We definitely need some more melee oriented enemies there. How about some unique mixes of enemies as well? Like Corrupted grinner commander with lecta and merlok, and outfitted with set of new skills. Also there should be more corrupted infested that are utterly extinct as right now, and maybe same for other factions as well, like MK1 corrupted moa, like an older version of moa not manufactured by corpus anymore.

Increasing overall level range could help too, and not just increase the max level range but make it wider. Like low tier mission to have spread between 15 and 35.

BOSSES

There is a severe lack of bosses in void. Just a corrupted vor. I like him but it's not that much and gets stale after some time.

How about adding a new field boss, some sort of orokin guard-robot thing that marks us like other assassins. However we get marked for running too many void missions and that he only may spawn in void as well. All to add some interesting challenge and more loot, let him drop corrupted mods or some new stuff all together.

I am fairly sure that we will get void over haul at some point. I just wish it would come earlier than later. I personally would love to see void re-work over Ceres or earth. I don;t want to sound ungrateful. I love how the Ceres looks like now and how earth.

I wanted to know what do you think about thees, changes, they are simple and basic as I didn't wanted to suggest over the top ideas, that would drain too much time from devs.

You can also drop a vote in the following strawpoll.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12872473

Go and vote on a thing you would like to see most.

Edited by Whiskered

Just now, Whiskered said:

It would be easiest and fastest fix, but also quite boring one.

Well, I am fond of easy, simple and fast fixes. That doesn't mean I rush the thinking process, I take my time to consider all posibilities and points of view, then give a simplistic solution to cover all or at least most of the issues intended to be fixed. For example when I post my ideas for Xframe rework, my ideas never go beyond reorganizing mechanics already existing in the game in interesting ways, rarely if ever I propose some new or overly complex mechanic. Indeed, quite boring for those who expect new stuff.

I would like some new cool and exciting Void revisit, but without making it mandatory like old timey void endless runs. But for now, yeah, a quick fix would be perma "fissures" there.

3 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, I am fond of easy, simple and fast fixes. That doesn't mean I rush the thinking process, I take my time to consider all posibilities and points of view, then give a simplistic solution to cover all or at least most of the issues intended to be fixed. For example when I post my ideas for Xframe rework, my ideas never go beyond reorganizing mechanics already existing in the game in interesting ways, rarely if ever I propose some new or overly complex mechanic. Indeed, quite boring for those who expect new stuff.

I would like some new cool and exciting Void revisit, but without making it mandatory like old timey void endless runs. But for now, yeah, a quick fix would be perma "fissures" there.

I can see what you mean. I was as well trying to convey a easy fix bit with some new content.

However wouldn't permanent fissures break a point of fissures in other regions?

But seriously thees control modules in void are pissing me of so much.

I was as well trying to convey a easy fix bit with some new content.

And I like what you do. Keep thinking and fleshing out your ideas and post them. Who knows? Maybe DE decides they are good enough to be implemented!

However wouldn't permanent fissures break a point of fissures in other regions?

Depends. The point of fissures showing up in different nodes is to spice things up. Problem with old Void was the burnout of staring at the same walls for extended periods of time every day, every week. Fissures largely solved that, but there's one issue: sometimes there isn't any fissure you want to do and you have to wait for the rng to give a Fisure you would do or log out and come back another time. And sometimes there aren't any fissure of the mission type you want to play. Making Void a permanent fissure would solve that by having 3/4 nodes that you can go. Other than Spy and Rescue, which aren't popular fissures due to how they work, everyone would get the mission type of their choice if no fissure on regular starchart fulfills their desire.

3 hours ago, Whiskered said:

So right now there is a very little reason to go to void except Argon and Corrputed Vor.

Correction: The only reason to go to the void now is for Argon crystals. Vor no longer provides any use once you have acquired a multitude of everything which he drops.

Maybe the "rare" mods... but even then its not worth it.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Correction: The only reason to go to the void now is for Argon crystals. Vor no longer provides any use once you have acquired a multitude of everything which he drops.

Maybe the "rare" mods... but even then its not worth it.

I still have like only one or two mods from him.

7 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

And I like what you do. Keep thinking and fleshing out your ideas and post them. Who knows? Maybe DE decides they are good enough to be implemented!

Depends. The point of fissures showing up in different nodes is to spice things up. Problem with old Void was the burnout of staring at the same walls for extended periods of time every day, every week. Fissures largely solved that, but there's one issue: sometimes there isn't any fissure you want to do and you have to wait for the rng to give a Fisure you would do or log out and come back another time. And sometimes there aren't any fissure of the mission type you want to play. Making Void a permanent fissure would solve that by having 3/4 nodes that you can go. Other than Spy and Rescue, which aren't popular fissures due to how they work, everyone would get the mission type of their choice if no fissure on regular starchart fulfills their desire.

That's why I have posted it here!  I wanted to point out some inconsistencies and concepts for fixes.

And yeah I agree that there are often not enough fissures opened, But what if I want to do a void mission without the fissure mechanics? Just complete the level normally?

And yeah I agree that there are often not enough fissures opened, But what if I want to do a void mission without the fissure mechanics? Just complete the level normally?

the void wouldn't have all fissure mechanics, just the part where enemies drop reactant and you can crack a relic. If you want to complete the level normally just do it and ignore the reactant drops. If you collect them by accident or just by normally playing the mission you get a bunch of traces and a relic cracked if you choose. No big deal really.

2 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

I still have like only one or two mods from him.

Once you hit the late-game, you'll realise the void no longer serves any purpose for resources except from Argon Crystals as doing fissures/relics on other nodes is far quicker and easier than running the void. It's a shame really, the void was the "carousel" of farming, not that the older version is better from the current system (far from it), it's that the void's usage was limited to this fact, now it's simply redundant.

1 minute ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Once you hit the late-game, you'll realise the void no longer serves any purpose for resources except from Argon Crystals as doing fissures/relics on other nodes is far quicker and easier than running the void. It's a shame really, the void was the "carousel" of farming, not that the older version is better from the current system (far from it), it's that the void's usage was limited to this fact, now it's simply redundant.

That's why I wanted to offer few changes. More enemies, with unique mods, and maybe even allowing to get some new weapons/parts/blueprints whatever.

I couldn't stand the previous key system personally, and  I am glad it got changed. However it is damn shame that void is so useless right now. I really wish it get changed properly at some point.

Btw what exactly is considered a late game in warframe? I have only mr8 yet, completed almost all story quests and completed majority of star chart. Also I am running sorties from time to time. Is this considered a mid game or  ratherlate game?

2 hours ago, Whiskered said:

Btw what exactly is considered a late game in warframe? I have only mr8 yet, completed almost all story quests and completed majority of star chart. Also I am running sorties from time to time. Is this considered a mid game or  ratherlate game?

Lvl 100 and up, which means Endurance runs. Trials too specifically The Jordas Verebug. And Fashionframe.

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Lvl 100 and up, which means Endurance runs. Trials too specifically The Jordas Verebug. And Fashionframe.

Thats the end game.

End games doesn't mean late game. These are very different definitions. Nevertheless I will be making transition to those very soon anyway. And it does look .... bleak.

Thats the end game.

End games doesn't mean late game. These are very different definitions. Nevertheless I will be making transition to those very soon anyway. And it does look .... bleak.

For the technicall definition of "Endgame", Warframe doesn't have it. Conclave arguably counts as endgame because it's the only place were skill is more important than gear. But PvE endgame is non-existant, and will not be as long as we can find a way to cheese it in a way that renders the threat moot. Nor as long as DE limits only to inflate the level and put broken enemies in it, like our recent Council Challenge Juggernaut.

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

For the technicall definition of "Endgame", Warframe doesn't have it. Conclave arguably counts as endgame because it's the only place were skill is more important than gear. But PvE endgame is non-existant, and will not be as long as we can find a way to cheese it in a way that renders the threat moot. Nor as long as DE limits only to inflate the level and put broken enemies in it, like our recent Council Challenge Juggernaut.

To be honest for quite some time I did played more PvP than PvE. It is very fun, but that it's treated liek other syndicates, and you have pay in to improve your rank and get better rewards, sounds like a dumb idea, especially that you can't get that much credits nor resources while playing PvP to improve your rank. Sadly almost nobody plays it anymore thees days and if it's mostly Volt/Frost cheese mongers.....

Well back to topic of void.

Better enemies that just don't get higher and higher levels, but are challenging at any level could help at least a bit.

Same as new bosses.

Well I propose that void should be included into sorties as well, or at least have missions there too.