Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend played the first Archwing space story mission..

DSpite

Just watched a mate do it for the very first time after he had assembled the first Archwing.

For the record he found it confusing as all hell, and we were chatting all the way through it. I had also forgotten how many things were happening at once - being trapped in the energy spheres, massive shots from the Fomorian, constant buzzing of lots of flying units with "Incoming Missiles" warnings, etc etc - and having that ON TOP of being dumped into 3D space for the first time? Yea, even though I kept telling him "concentrate on the objective" "just head towards the objective", he got downed three times, and was getting obviously frustrated.

I'm not saying "it's bad, make a new tutorial", I'm just saying that even if Ordis or Lotus were talking all the way through that, they might get drowned out by the info overload that happens after being dumped into a new situation AND being shot at from all directions.

In retrospect to the first training mission for Frames where you get told "just walk over here and pick up this weapon sitting on a bench", that's a big jump, and seems to assume that "since you got this far in a Frame, you can project to space Archwing no problem".

As a side thing for the record: The green "exit marker point" vanished before we could fly to it all the way. He lost it flying towards it but kept flying because he did not know what else to do, and I had to fly towards him after he got there because I'd been shooting, and I was like "just fly towards the obj... wait. Where did it go?"