Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Ranks and Per user contributions?

(XBOX)BURZYCKI

Question

So clan ranks before the last update gave me 7 ranks with a Utility Rank to make 8 total.

Now with the removal of hosting - we still have 7 ranks with the Utility Rank but basically none of them need to host and it seemed Utility was originally only assigned that role.

So I had the thought of taking back the Utility role and gaining another potential rank. The issue is when you invite a new member it drops them into the Second slot and not the first one where Utility is, thus it becomes sort of an unusable, well much less useful slot. 

Am I doing something wrong or is that how this is still supposed to be working?

It would be great to have the initial sign up drop into the first (old utility) slot so we can have the additional rank.

As in ranks would go from:

Warlord
General
Officer
Leader
Sage
Soldier
Initiate
Utility

to

Warlord
New Rank
General
Officer
Leader
Sage
Soldier
Initiate

I would think (not a game designer thou) that this would be a easy tweak to reassign how those ranks are initially assigned. That said I am not sure the user base of a specially assigned Utility role that would really cause much heartache if you had to go back in and promote an demote everyone.

Honestly more rank slots is also an option.

Last is about clan contributions and how warlords are guaging the engagement of their members. Just guessing, looking for helpful people in game? Just do not use ranks? 

At least in my clan now about to crest 100 members - they are asking for ranks and how to rank up. I just want a way to see the contributions per player so I can have more factors to base my rank qualifications on other than last logged on date and potentially MR.

2 answers to this question

You may want to also post this somewhere else. This seems more like a suggestion than an issue(the second part at least) Now, for the odd thing happening with the ranks I am not certain about. However, in one of my friends clan they have the same number of ranks as u=you listed and the last one is used as a "penalty rank"(for people who have been inactive for awhile or did something bad that wasn't kick worthy) So that is one thing you could do with it but I do think that you are right and it should just be the first rank. At this point in time there is no real way to gauge how people contribute(like how much resources they donate etc) However, I have been in several clans/alliances and will share how I saw them do it. Here are the ways you can "gauge" progression(at least how I saw it):

1) Mastery rank-This may not be the best way to gauge if you want t based on contribution but it is a way. The way I saw this done is people had to be in the clan and seen to be active until they could get the rank for their mastery(the top 2-4 ranks were not based on mastery)

2) Raid Teams-Now you may be wondering how this s contribution but I assure you it is. This is what I usually do for my clans. I build mass amount of keys and I host raids for everyone I the clan. I especially seek out those who may have never done it. Then, I teach them. This helps add contribution because you are having interaction between members etc.

3) Chat Help- Another thing I prolifically do. I spend a LOT of time trading or literally just standing I my ship(don't ask me why I honestly don't even know why). So, this gives me plenty of time to scan chats(clan/alliance/region) for people who may have questions or need help.

These may not be what you are looking or you may already know about these/be doing these, but they are at least a way to do it. I hope this helped some.