The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New weapon idea

HellfireDaemon

I've been playing Warframe since late 2015 and I'm disappointed that we don't have any kusarigama weapons yet. They should be added, at least in my opinion.

They should work differently than whips; have their own animations and stances. It should be kindof like a thrown weapon in control scheme, where tapping E attacks in melee range, and holding E throws the scythe part of the kusarigama at an enemy. It could either grab them and pull them back, or just be a mid-range melee attack, or holding E could swing the kusarigama in a wide arc and hit multiple enemies in front.

If anyone is unfamiliar, this is a kusarigama:kusari_gama___weapon_check_by_protocolx2

I think it has the potential of being a very cool and useful weapon.

3 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

It'd probably work with a blade and whip stance, that has exactly what you're looking for already

While similar, yes, this would be a  bit different, as the blade of a kusarigama is the part you throw, not the back end.

6 hours ago, HellfireDaemon said:

While similar, yes, this would be a  bit different, as the blade of a kusarigama is the part you throw, not the back end.

I do know that. DE can always make the back end the size of a wrecking ball, that'd be sorta cool to see

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

11 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I do know that. DE can always make the back end the size of a wrecking ball, that'd be sorta cool to see

That wouldnt be a kusarigama then, that would be a kama with a throwing ball on the end. I'm asking for a weapon where you throw the blade part and hold the end, or what would be more likely/unique, swing the blade part in a wide arc infront of the character at medium range. What I'm imagining is somewhere inbetween a whip and a blade-whip.

1 hour ago, HellfireDaemon said:

That wouldnt be a kusarigama then, that would be a kama with a throwing ball on the end. I'm asking for a weapon where you throw the blade part and hold the end, or what would be more likely/unique, swing the blade part in a wide arc infront of the character at medium range. What I'm imagining is somewhere inbetween a whip and a blade-whip.

It would be a futuristic version of one, because that tiny little ball end is made to hurt people, not armored space marines wearing alloy armor. Plus that way we could use the hook-scythe end to pull people in and slash with it. Plus plus, it'd look freaking cool to whip around a giant wrecking ball. Defiled Snapdragon literally has moves where you use the hook on both the Lacera and Mios to slash and pull in enemies. There is a stance already, DE just has to get around to making a weapon model and coding it and all that.

20 hours ago, HellfireDaemon said:

Actually as far as I know, the weighted chain is what you throw to entangle and disable, and then you finish your opponent by piercing and/or ripping with the Kama. Since an edged weapon won't cut at all if the cut isn't aligned properly, throwing the Kama turns it into a glorified fishhook and leaves you with the weighted end of the chain, which just isn't as effective.

So yeah, I'm sorry but what you're asking for is basically another Blade and Whip weapon, which we actually could use more of since we only really have two. If you want a weapon that specifically throws the bladed end, you'd actually be way better off just making a new stance for Blade and Whip which does such, since a kusarigama is in principle the same weapon as the Mios or Lacera, the only difference being the exact function of their bladed end.

1 hour ago, Dreddeth said:

Actually as far as I know, the weighted chain is what you throw to entangle and disable, and then you finish your opponent by piercing and/or ripping with the Kama. Since an edged weapon won't cut at all if the cut isn't aligned properly, throwing the Kama turns it into a glorified fishhook and leaves you with the weighted end of the chain, which just isn't as effective.

So yeah, I'm sorry but what you're asking for is basically another Blade and Whip weapon, which we actually could use more of since we only really have two. If you want a weapon that specifically throws the bladed end, you'd actually be way better off just making a new stance for Blade and Whip which does such, since a kusarigama is in principle the same weapon as the Mios or Lacera, the only difference being the exact function of their bladed end.

I suppose what I'm thinking of is the way a kusarigama is used in other video games, such as ninja gaiden.

55 minutes ago, HellfireDaemon said:

What for? New weapon idea describes the post perfectly.

Actually, rereading your OP, this is more feedback than concept. While I agree a Kusarigama type weapon would be a welcome addition, your post's "idea" dosn't go much farther past, "Add a classic Earth Weapon I like to the game."

You could go two routes with this idea...

#1: Post "Kusarigama for Defiled Snapdragon, pls" in Feedback.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Defiled_Snapdragon
latest?cb=20151117152620195?cb=20170218040056<-- like this but a Kusarigama.

#2: Post "[Mod] Chain-blade Stance and Kusarigama Concept" here.
Describe the nature of the NEW stance you'd want for a Kusarigama to justify it being different than the current "Blade a Whip" weapon type.
You might even go so far as including a clever way to get the Stance or Blueprint/Materials for the Kusarigama itself.

As it is, what you have posted is a Generic, Misleading title. Since it's not a "New weapon Idea". It's just a request to add an existing weapon to the game with no creativity on your part.