The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Floe (Ice Frame)

(PSN)flamouricious

I know, we have frost. But I'll only mention a few frame to you:

Ember and Nezha

And

Banshee and Octavia

They're like, sub-themes for each other which DE have done. (Yes, I know they've got their differences, but let me tell why I was inspired to make this).

Frozen went on TV and I was like
"Yes" 
"I'm going to make that as a frame."

And here I am.

Ice frame: Floe (female)

75: health (250 at max)
125: shields (340 at max)
Armour: 65
Energy: 175 (250 at max)
Speed: 1.20

Passive: creates a short trail behind Floe which slows down enemies. Also has a badass animation whilst sprinting which makes it look like it's skating on ice, similar to Frozone from the incredibles.
WHERES MY SUPER FRAME?!
Also:
* Weapons held by Floe naturally deal cold damage.
* Being in an ice tileset adds 50% to Floe's armour.

1st Ability: Ice Rink
Floe stomps her foot on the ground and creates a ring of ice with a radius of 5/15/30m. Whilst on this rink allies gain a +10/30/80% speed buff. Knocks all enemies towards the outside of the rink.
    Augment: 10% chance to freeze enemies affected by the knockback, confuses enemies that stand inside the rink.
    Cost: 25 energy
    Duration: 10/15/25s
    Range: radius of 5/15/30m

2nd Ability: Ice Spear
Throw 1/2/3 spears made of ice, works like ash's shuriken ability, deals puncture damage and has a chance to freeze enemies it hits.
If used inside ice rink it goes 50% faster, deals twice as much damage and guaranteed to freeze enemies. If the third ability is active you are able to completely strip off armour from allies using these spears.
    Augment: Homing Death
Release 3x times as many spears, each one homes in on an enemy they deal +10% base damage. Costs 80 energy rather than 50.
    Cost: 50
    Duration: N/A
    Range 10/20/30m

3rd Ability: Icy Brute
Summon a large ice monster to fight for you, that's it. Recasting the ability causes it to explode and create a wave of ice around it to freeze enemies. This new ally of yours can bash enemies and shoot spears similar to Floe's second ability to stop anything in its path. These allies also gain the buffs from the first ability.
    Augment: Summons a second one, lasts twice as long but both deal -25% less damage.
    Cost: 75
    Duration 1 min (2 with augment)
    Range: N/A

4th Ability: Icicle
Pull a max of 5/10/20 huge icicle out the ground to encase nearby enemies. Enemies are suspended inside but you can still shoot through icicles to damage enemies. Bullets shot through icicles deal extra cold damage. Shooting through multiple icicles stacks the extra damage. +25% duration if inside the rink.
    Augment: Enemies are constantly damaged whilst frozen inside the icicle. 300 cold damage/s (I'm not sure if that's a lot, enough or too little). Smaller capacity.
    Cost: 100
    Duration: 20/30/60s
    Range: 25m

I think that this is a powerful frame, too powerful. But that was kind of the point. Tell me what you think.

Edited by (PS4)flamouricious

On 5/4/2017 at 1:03 PM, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

it does seem like it. but you did not include damage stats for every ability.  also does she turn the weapons damage to cold? add cold damage?

I

On 5/4/2017 at 1:03 PM, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

it does seem like it. but you did not include damage stats for every ability.  also does she turn the weapons damage to cold? add cold damage?

think she adds cold damage wich does not sound good cus that well mess with your build a little although normal i use ice and poison for viral so it would be helpful in that sense although someone else might not like that

Not to tear down the warframe, but a low duration high efficiency frost can output plenty if not more damage and crowd control than her with guaranteed freezing.

anyway, she sounds pretty squishy so having .9 sprint speed seems weird when you'd have a different run animation.  Shouldn't it be faster?  Other stats are fine; except armor.  I think banshee right now has the lowest at 50 armor.

Passives are fine if they pull double duty, but three different mechanics is going to bog her down in use.

not sure if your first ability is worded weirdly, but it deals no damage, pushes enemies back, and gives allies speed boost.  Is that correct?  Also the augment should be something that changes the way an ability works.  Here you could make the freeze chance be there by default, and have an augment later.  Not all abilities need an augment.

i can't say this isn't a bad ability, but it definitely should be her first ability, regardless.  Synergy is good with other abilities,  but you should be able to do respectable damage at medium enemy level (30-60) without having to gouge your power pool for simple damage.  50 energy without efficiency, is a fifth of your max power without the synergy.

third ability just feels... bad.  It's cold rumblers, that's it.  And already that ability is questionable on atlas.  The problem is that it doesn't feel like a third ability.  I'd say as someone who's played this rodeo before, remake this or make this her fourth ability if you must have it.

fourth ability is... fine?  The real problem is duration for cost.  On average, how long does it take to kill higher leveled enemies with good weapons? A few seconds?  So when an ability lasts 60 seconds and costs a little more than a third of your unmodded power pool.  I don't see this ability to be viable in any capacity.  But it could be made to work.

the augments again don't have to be on every ability, infact looking at other augments, they are quiet sparse on some frames.  But they all serve mostly a utilitarian purpose,  here they just do more damage.

so is she op? No, actually she's very underwhelming and underpowered in a lot of cases.  Have i tried to curtail an effective buff?  Yes, if you take into consideration my notes.

4/10: okay at lower levels, but nearly usless in high sorties and trials.

(I have been using effiency frost.  15 energy for avalanche.  Just. Yes) 

47 minutes ago, (PS4)flamouricious said:

For aeon reason I  thought volt had was the fastest and based her speed on that, turns out I was wrong, let me change that. Also, banshee's armour is not 50, it's 15.

Edit; Armour has been buffed regardless.

I thought it was 50, weird.