Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Ulti Could Use A Rework

Daporra

This is just my own thoughts but frosts ulti to me isnt very useful when you vs mid to high lvl areas.

if its supposed to serve as a damaging move it tickles most enemys even the light armoured ones and if its supposed to serve as a aoe stun it only lasts for like 2 seconds wich isnt very much time for your team to make anything of.

if you could maybe make his ulti aoe stun for like 5-8 seconds and do the damage in DOT form while stunned it would be much more useful as a team/OH S#&$ ulti.

this is just my opinion on his ulti as i dont see the point in using it vs pluto defence missions for example or any other mid level missions as it just doesnt do very much for 11 mod points.

I do agree that Avalanche needs some love. I thought about making the ice elemtal damage do 100% damage and more damage ( 75% min, even if the enemy has a lot of armor, like armor ignore till a certain cap) and slow them for a some time if they survive the skill.

Also Ice Wave should do the same (it slows the enemies already if they survive, but the damage is too low).

Edited by Grulos

This...is not a Frost issue.

This is a scaling issue with enemy resistance values. It effects every damaging ability in the game that doesn't ignore armor. Rather than change the ability, the dev team needs to look into resistances and setting caps for them and instead giving more hp/shields.

ok but if they arnt going to scale the damage properly then they should add some secondary effect relative to the character like a stun/slow/disarm etc

i imagine the damage would be useful early game and the secondary effect would be useful late game

This...is not a Frost issue.

This is a scaling issue with enemy resistance values. It effects every damaging ability in the game that doesn't ignore armor. Rather than change the ability, the dev team needs to look into resistances and setting caps for them and instead giving more hp/shields.

That could be said about most ultimates that are affected by armor, it's not the power itself.

Sounds fair, I forgot about that. But Mag's Crush has no element. Volt, Ember, Frost and Saryn have elements.

If something on Frost specifically needs to be reworked, it's his Freeze. Easily one of the more useless abilities in the game I'd wager.

His ult's issue is that it doesn't do armor ignore damage and I do somewhat agree about the stun time being a bit on the low end as well (Rhino stomp does armor ignore damage + has 10 more radius + keeps enemies lifted into the air for a little longer)

If something on Frost specifically needs to be reworked, it's his Freeze. Easily one of the more useless abilities in the game I'd wager.

His ult's issue is that it doesn't do armor ignore damage and I do somewhat agree about the stun time being a bit on the low end as well (Rhino stomp does armor ignore damage + has 10 more radius + keeps enemies lifted into the air for a little longer)

agree 

Now now, Rhino was just recently buffed to today's standards, Frost and the rest that haven't been touched yet will get their time with Scott.

Now now, Rhino was just recently buffed to today's standards, Frost and the rest that haven't been touched yet will get their time with Scott.

I'm sure this will happen, but we need to say, what we don't like :)