Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to calculate Crit Chance on Melee weapons?

dead.rabit

Question

I want a red crit nikana prime (20% base crit chance). The wisdom of the internet tells me I need Blood Rush (+165%) & True Steel (+60%) to achieve this, anything over 100% crit chance is your red crit chance and mods multiply (not add) to the base crit chance. I took the formula from the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit

0.2 * (1 + 1.65 + 0.6) = 0.65 * 100 = 65% Critical Chance? So my logic has gone wrong somewhere, can anyone point it out for me?

By my logic if I were to put all 4 Crit Chance mods in, I'd still only come up with a 91% Critical chance.

Thank You.

Edited by dead.rabit
Thought title was too Click-bait-ey

8 answers to this question

blood rush is multiplied by your combo meter.

with true steel you got 20x1.6=32%, true steel is still importent though, because it stacks with blood rush which means that those 12% will turn into a lot more down the line.

at 1.5 combo you will have 1.5 (combo)x1.65(blood rush)=2.475x critical chance, which translates to 247,5% critical chance, that means that a nikana prime with true steel at 1.5 combo will have 111% critical chance, only 11% to red crit, but at 2 combo you will have 143% crit chance and so on, your critical chance increases greatly with time, and you get greater combos within seconds with a good build, feel free to ask if anything isn't clear here.

You should read the wiki article for critical chance carefully...

Red critical hits are guaranteed at 200.1% critical chance and higher.

100.1% - 200% critical chance guarantees yellow critical hits and a chance for red critical hit. (Scales with %)

P.S. Also read the Blood Rush mechanics as mentioned...

aha, so I made two mistakes.

1. Blood Rush Crit Multiplier is added after other mods to critical chance
  2. I thought blood rush would add up to 165% crit chance, where actually it's the bonus crit chance at 2x Combo, at 3x combo it'll add 330% crit chance

I love blood rush already :)

Thankyou all, this has been very helpful.

Fun fact, if you get over 200% crit chance, your red crits will actually do more damage than expected, scaling indefinitely for each 100% crit chance past 200%

I like to call these "super crits." Other than melee weapons with blood rush, guns like the Amprex can get over 200% crit chance with a good enough riven.

Edited by Xionyde134

2 hours ago, Xionyde134 said:

Fun fact, if you get over 200% crit chance, your red crits will actually do more damage than expected, scaling indefinitely for each 100% crit chance past 200%

I like to call these "super crits." Other than melee weapons with blood rush, guns like the Amprex can get over 200% crit chance with a good enough riven.

Super crits? Really? How intriguing... I've never heard any mention of this, but it sounds amazing. To be fair, I've never had a weapon reach more than 175% crit chance :P How much does the damage scale compared to regular red crits?

20 hours ago, LeBronasaurus said:

Super crits? Really? How intriguing... I've never heard any mention of this, but it sounds amazing. To be fair, I've never had a weapon reach more than 175% crit chance :P How much does the damage scale compared to regular red crits?

If regular crits multiplied your crit multi by 1x and red crits at 101%-200% crit chance multiplied it by 2x. Then super crits at 201%-300% will multiply your crit damage by 3x, and 301%-400% by 4x and so on. So say you have a melee weapon that  normally has a crit multi of 4.4x, that's 8.8x on red crits, but with super crits, it can be 13.2x or 17.6x and beyond

Edited by Xionyde134