Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Tank (?) Build

FrostyBytes

Question

I'm still fairly new to the game, having been playing for about a month and a half now. It can be pretty addicting, collecting primes and trying out different builds etc. So far one of my favorites that I've been using is Valkyr Prime and after reading a bit and hearing about Sorties and "end-game" level content from friends/forums I've started to play with some build ideas.

Now, I know most people build around endless Hysteria, but generally that isn't how I like to play. I love Hysteria, it's definitely extremely useful, but the way I've been preferring to play is by using it as a "Red Button", when my health starts dropping pretty low and I pop it to regen health and then back out when I'm full or after a humongous horde of enemies is dead, whichever is more feasible for the situation, most of the time just popping back out and finishing up normally, though. 

Since I haven't had any real experience with Sorties or "end-game" content (I'm currently on Pluto, haven't finished TWW), I thought I'd post the build here and get some thoughts, see if it seems viable or if there are some big oversights that could be tweaked or if it's simply just not a very viable way to build for Valkyr Prime.

7gnanVc.png

Steel charge could be replaced with Corrosive Projection and I'm not 100% on Rush as I'm not 100% familiarized with all Exilus slot mods, but I do like the movement speed so threw that in there. The way I figure it would work would be hanging on Rage, Quick Thinking, a large Energy pool, and high Armor rating.

Quick Thinking (unless I misunderstood the Wiki) scales with Armor rating for efficiency in the rate at which it drains your Energy, letting me pop into Hysteria in a bad situation if need be to recover health. Constitution and Streamline for efficiency on Hysteria, large energy pool with Primed Flow for Rage/Quick Thinking/Hysteria to make use of with energy overflow from Zenurik active and with the two armor mods Valkyr's armor rating reaches 1,785 to buff Quick Thinking's energy efficiency. Used Constitution in place of Continuity/Primed Cont. since it gives 28% Duration compared to the 30% of continuity (non primed) with added Knockback recovery along with Valkyrs passive KB recovery for almost instant rebounds.

Any thoughts/improvements to this? Maybe better mods for what this is trying to accomplish? Or if Valkyr (with this build or others) is fit for things such as Sorties etc. Thanks in advance! Also, link to the Builder page:
Valkyr Prime Build

Edited by FrostyBytes

6 answers to this question

What you need is strength. Lots and lots of strength. And duration. And Eternal War. From there on out you can eather play with less range and be a full tank (narrow mindet) or use less duration (Primed continiuty) for Cc. Both options are plenty viable.

Warcry is a direct armor buff, next to beein a pretty decent melee speed buff, what makes it worth to be active in both, in and outside of hysteria.

Efficiency can be pretty much ignored.

I feel ya bro. Hysteria is cool and all but it feels like it's better used situational, rather then on a permanent base (wukong is MUCH better for that playstyle these days.)

Feel free to tag me, i'll upload you a build or two when i'm home.

If you don't plan on using Hysteria, then you should use Warcry. -> Keep the Steel Charge, use Eternal War.

One thing your build is lacking is Power Strength. If you don't use Hysteria you don't need efficiency or Rage either so ditch those.

Edit: https://goo.gl/Qby4Ox

I threw it together bit quickly, but you get the idea.

Edited by (PS4)HSomDevil

your build looks pretty good honestly, though i'd switch out quick thinking for eternal war. your valk won't actually take much fatal damage you can't do anything about except in corpus sorties with puncture enhancement.  eternal war helps you take less damage, on my build during warcry i have about 3k armor. and as said, 

On 5/10/2017 at 6:48 AM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

What you need is strength. Lots and lots of strength. And duration. And Eternal War. From there on out you can eather play with less range and be a full tank (narrow mindet) or use less duration (Primed continiuty) for Cc. Both options are plenty viable

this is very true. strength gives Warcry more armor/speed buffs to work with, which is pretty much Valk's game.

on my build, i took out rush and put on endurance drift, but i don't have primed flow. i might have left on rush or mobilize. 

i kept streamline, but with rage it might not be necessary. you could switch that out for another duration mod if you want a lot out of warcry.

other than that, very good build. mine looks similar, but without rage (which i am very unhappy about, been trying to get that for ages).

On 5/9/2017 at 10:04 PM, FrostyBytes said:

Or if Valkyr (with this build or others) is fit for things such as Sorties etc

Valk is incredible in sorties. i barely ever die with warcry, and pop into hysteria when i start to lose health. she's currently my only frame that will hold up at lvl 100+.

remove quick thinking. The only way you can die is your hysteria got cancelled = you run out of energy or nullfiers LOL

-> put intensify

remvoe rage. Hysteria make you always got full hp. Is pointless to have it.

-> put eternal war

constitution

-> put narrow minded / prime cont

Remove rush,

->put power drift ( you already walk fast enough )

Remove armored agility

-> swap with vitality

Vitality ( which goes to A.A)

-> put transient / blind rage rank 4.

WHY ?

1. Now duration helps with aefficientcy for toggled skills.

2. You need more STR -> all 4 abilities are affected by it

-> STR also helps you kill afster, wwhen in hysteria mode, you can only charge your energy by killign people.

There are two ways you can go with her: Warcry or Paralysis. Well, technically, you can go for a hysteria build as well, but it's boring as clem and has pretty awkward combos.

Here's my Warcry build:

21096A1025C36BF27C482996678EFBA0654224B7

Here's my Paralysis build:

2D7E5CBCBA45B51938CFDFA70A5D7D8F1B0942CB

The Warcry build is obviously the tankier of the two, the Paralysis build offers pretty good CC, although it doesn't affect any flying units or units in animation. I've been using Paralysis lately cause it's mighty fun and only switch to Warcry to kill lvl100 bosses, if they can be killed with melee.

Regarding Armored Agility - it doesn't really help you much, at high levels you will see no difference. As for Quick Thinking - do keep it, cause it will save your life at higher levels, despite what others might say. Idk, maybe those ppl suggesting that you lose QT intend to play her and shoot, I'm talking melee Valkyr here.

Edited by frohdoe