The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Tennogen armor/model replacements

Vivian

Are those two absent because of the work it takes to adjust them fit each other? Like if armor is made, the positions should be recalculated for every warframe model and if a new model is made, all armor should be made compatible? 

Or is there some other reason for it? IMO, it would be awesome if there's a semi annual/ annual round of Tennogen with armor and model swaps. 

Don't get me wrong. I like Tennogen but I just feel like the artists will make wonders with more freedom :o

Wishlist: multiple deluxe skins of different themes, Nidus - Typhus skin etc

Edited by VBNXS

The most the creators can do is make new textures for the default body, new helmets, back accessories, and weapon reskins. Everything else is left to DE, and who knows if they'll consider allowing creators to create new armor accessories.

Leaving tennogen to not swap the model of the frames is the better option, otherwise you would have people making model swaps that don't fit at all with the frame. DE wants the frames to remain true to their forms partially to keep them with their theme better, but also just for identification purposes. Better to leave the full on model swaps for frames to the deluxe skins and have the rest stay as texture swaps.

As for making deluxe skins for things like player-designed frames, like Typhus, that hinders the ability for DE to actually one day add those frames to the game officially. Not to mention the only one that could allow that would be the creator of the idea since it is their idea, after all. If the person behind Typhus doesn't want it to just be a skin, it wouldn't happen.

Armoraddons and external gear on frames is still debated.

I have asked why/if we can add custom pieces like embers leggards or Banshees shoulderpiece.

The answer was maby.

Banshee replaces the shoulder armor if you equip something else there.

Nekros have tubes/tendrils that go from helmet to body.

So I think it's a question of making sure they don't mess with animations and don't hide important bits like prime bits do.

If they were hidable,  that would be great, or treated like armor - just unequip or choose another Cosmetic to take their place.

Full bodies require a rig so that's much more work, not to mention textures.

It is not a mount and blade or rpg like armor system where your ful body can be "changed". It would be nice if there could be created different parts for each frames and major parts could be changed but yet they not let us to do that because after the have still some work to fit well. 

I would like to remove additional parts from frame instead of replace for example basnhee have her shoulder part which cannot be completely removed but I would like to do that or add to her another shoulder too.

1 hour ago, Sziklamester said:

It is not a mount and blade or rpg like armor system where your ful body can be "changed". It would be nice if there could be created different parts for each frames and major parts could be changed but yet they not let us to do that because after the have still some work to fit well. 

I would like to remove additional parts from frame instead of replace for example basnhee have her shoulder part which cannot be completely removed but I would like to do that or add to her another shoulder too.

They must have ID-tags for parts,  otherwise they couldn't replace or hide them to begin with.

So this is very likely a code-job that someone has to do, like they did with the Primes / deluxes.

Edited by arch111
The monster within