Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silence (Open-IC, Mature)

(XBOX)chillichillman

On 9/15/2017 at 11:31 AM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

In the soft lights is a man, a grey hoodie and white pants.  The whistling seems to be coming from him, but his details are too hard to pick up in the dark, save some dark red around the cuffs of his pants, and the fact that his hands are in his pockets, walking away from Lucy, calmly, slowly, smoothly.  

Cautiously, Lucy followed him.

On 9/19/2017 at 3:20 AM, Arunafeltz said:

Drei was actually somewhat relieved to know that the noise in his ears hadn't been a hallucination after all. Unless of course, what he was seeing right now was a hallucination itself, which given the sheer bizarre nature of it all - probably was. But he pushed the possibility that he was that far off his rocker out of his mind for now. Oh, and he had a dapper suit. That was good to see.

Perhaps it seemed like the natural thing to do. But Drei put his hands together and applauded the pianist, a pathetic display of appreciation for a performance that wasn't for him. Probably. 

It grins, revealing a dark, crackling maw of void energy.  The sparks fly onto it, causing it so smoke and smolder before they cool and fade away.  It begins to laugh, softly at first, but it crescendos into a mad cackle of something gone utterly insane.  It half walks, half dances closer to Drei, its movements ever so slow, as if it is taking its time, or enjoying a game.  It leans closer, the smell of burnt cloth overwhelmingly fresh, and whispers "Let's play tag" before raising its long arm above its head, ready to strike, laughing all the while.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:54 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Cautiously, Lucy followed him.

The whistling is definitively his.  He continues down the hallway, stopping just before the door, and then he turns around.  He is wearing a mask, black, with a smile painted on it, and the round eyes covered in a reflective lens.  He raises his finger to the smile, making a shushing noise as he stops whistling, and then points up.  A grate falls, and then the dark shadow drops after it, the figure humanoid, with metal struts, like a power harness, covered in infested biomass.  The masked man waves, then steps across the doorway, closing the door partway.  The creature is staring at him, breathing slowly, patiently, but it does not attack.

On 25/09/2017 at 4:00 AM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

It grins, revealing a dark, crackling maw of void energy.  The sparks fly onto it, causing it so smoke and smolder before they cool and fade away.  It begins to laugh, softly at first, but it crescendos into a mad cackle of something gone utterly insane.  It half walks, half dances closer to Drei, its movements ever so slow, as if it is taking its time, or enjoying a game.  It leans closer, the smell of burnt cloth overwhelmingly fresh, and whispers "Let's play tag" before raising its long arm above its head, ready to strike, laughing all the while.

With his wired reflexes and lithe physique, Drei was ready to dodge, duck and dive for as long as needed. But Mr Pianist here was radiating the sort of power he had only ever read about. Certainly he was only toying with him at the moment, as he said. He'd have to think of something.

For now, Drei contented himself with a sidestep and lengthy stride towards the piano, hoping to put it between him and his assailant.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:20 AM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

The whistling is definitively his.  He continues down the hallway, stopping just before the door, and then he turns around.  He is wearing a mask, black, with a smile painted on it, and the round eyes covered in a reflective lens.  He raises his finger to the smile, making a shushing noise as he stops whistling, and then points up.  A grate falls, and then the dark shadow drops after it, the figure humanoid, with metal struts, like a power harness, covered in infested biomass.  The masked man waves, then steps across the doorway, closing the door partway.  The creature is staring at him, breathing slowly, patiently, but it does not attack.

Lucy stood still and watched it.  This was most certainly not something you would see every day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 3:21 PM, Arunafeltz said:

With his wired reflexes and lithe physique, Drei was ready to dodge, duck and dive for as long as needed. But Mr Pianist here was radiating the sort of power he had only ever read about. Certainly he was only toying with him at the moment, as he said. He'd have to think of something.

For now, Drei contented himself with a sidestep and lengthy stride towards the piano, hoping to put it between him and his assailant.

Its arm swings down, crashing into the floor and breaking a hole though it.  "OH what fun!  How quick, how light, such fun!"  It spins and strides onto the piano, it's long legs carrying it with ease, moving in an almost ghost like fashion, weightless, swift.  it leaned over, its head spinning until it was upside down, the grin never leaving the face.  "I guess I'm it then!"  Again it poises to strike.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:11 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Lucy stood still and watched it.  This was most certainly not something you would see every day.

The man raised one hand, and snapped.  The lights flickered out, and when they turned back on, both he and the monster were gone.  In his place was a note, the edges burned slightly, as if it was whisked through a hot oven.  All sounds softly returned, but quieted, as if everything had become distant.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Its arm swings down, crashing into the floor and breaking a hole though it.  "OH what fun!  How quick, how light, such fun!"  It spins and strides onto the piano, it's long legs carrying it with ease, moving in an almost ghost like fashion, weightless, swift.  it leaned over, its head spinning until it was upside down, the grin never leaving the face.  "I guess I'm it then!"  Again it poises to strike.

Expecting a cartoonish chase around the piano, Drei was slightly dismayed at how easily his opponent had crossed the piano obstacle.  The pianist certainly had a longer reach than most people would expect, so a backward dodge wouldn't work quite as well. He prepared to hop aside of his next attack, backing further into the room as he did so. All the while he would look around the room, hoping for some sort of hint that could be a liberation from this situation.

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

The man raised one hand, and snapped.  The lights flickered out, and when they turned back on, both he and the monster were gone.  In his place was a note, the edges burned slightly, as if it was whisked through a hot oven.  All sounds softly returned, but quieted, as if everything had become distant.

Lucy approached cautiously and picked up the note.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 8:30 PM, Arunafeltz said:

Expecting a cartoonish chase around the piano, Drei was slightly dismayed at how easily his opponent had crossed the piano obstacle.  The pianist certainly had a longer reach than most people would expect, so a backward dodge wouldn't work quite as well. He prepared to hop aside of his next attack, backing further into the room as he did so. All the while he would look around the room, hoping for some sort of hint that could be a liberation from this situation.

The doorway stood open, a soft glow emitting from it.  The pianist laughed again, stretching forwards and over Drei, landing a handstand behind him, facing the wall.  "OOH! Where'd he go? HA HAHA!"  It jumps up clinging to the ceiling with it's feet, swinging back and forth, always laughing. Always grinning.  Al long, curved knife is drawn from inside its torso, the blade glinting in the light.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:57 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Lucy approached cautiously and picked up the note.

It reads clearly, the handwriting immaculately flawed.

'"Go to the furthest room ahead, then turn left.  False wall ahead.  when you get in look up and clap.  Wait five seconds, then look down and snap.  False wall opens.'"

The doorway that lucy once came through was glowing slightly, the crawlers behind it distorted, as if they were under water.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

The doorway stood open, a soft glow emitting from it.  The pianist laughed again, stretching forwards and over Drei, landing a handstand behind him, facing the wall.  "OOH! Where'd he go? HA HAHA!"  It jumps up clinging to the ceiling with it's feet, swinging back and forth, always laughing. Always grinning.  Al long, curved knife is drawn from inside its torso, the blade glinting in the light.

Bringing a knife to a fistfight now? Drei would have called him out on it, but then again nothing that the guy was using screamed fairness by any means. But since he was busy with that stunt of his, Drei took the opportunity and made a break for the doorway. There was only the other door, and the hatch where he came from. Between those two... he'd pick the former. Adrenaline pumping in his veins, the young man shot like a bullet across the room, all the while hoping that the pianist wouldn't telekinetically slam the door in his face or conjure up some other asspulled trick.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

It reads clearly, the handwriting immaculately flawed.

'"Go to the furthest room ahead, then turn left.  False wall ahead.  when you get in look up and clap.  Wait five seconds, then look down and snap.  False wall opens.'"

The doorway that lucy once came through was glowing slightly, the crawlers behind it distorted, as if they were under water.

Now thoroughly confused, Lucy did as the note instructed, following the hall as far as she could, then turning left, clapping, and clicking her fingers.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:30 PM, Arunafeltz said:

Bringing a knife to a fistfight now? Drei would have called him out on it, but then again nothing that the guy was using screamed fairness by any means. But since he was busy with that stunt of his, Drei took the opportunity and made a break for the doorway. There was only the other door, and the hatch where he came from. Between those two... he'd pick the former. Adrenaline pumping in his veins, the young man shot like a bullet across the room, all the while hoping that the pianist wouldn't telekinetically slam the door in his face or conjure up some other asspulled trick.

Going through the door, a flash of light occurs, like a flash bang.  It quickly fades, and the corridor is upside down in relation to the room.  No, not upside down, revolving.  the sounds are muffled, but still audible.  The walls start to move like water flowing.  And the pianist follows suit,entering this, dimension, and his features mimic the walls.  He laughs, but it is distorted, and then he stops, looking puzzled.  

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Now thoroughly confused, Lucy did as the note instructed, following the hall as far as she could, then turning left, clapping, and clicking her fingers.

Two flashes of light, both painfully bright, play out along with musical notes.  If lucy had looked, she would have gone blind.  A door clicks open, seemingly from nowhere in the wall, the seems perfectly aligned, revealing a softly lit living room, complete with tea and a crackling fire place.  It gave off a home-like feel, and smelled faintly of cinnamon.  the rug is a soft looking material, brown with red squiggles going across it.  Two arm chairs, both a soft brown, are arranged facing each other.  A table is between them, with the tea set on it.  The fireplace is a natural brick tone, and the walls are that of a log cabin.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:34 PM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Two flashes of light, both painfully bright, play out along with musical notes.  If lucy had looked, she would have gone blind.  A door clicks open, seemingly from nowhere in the wall, the seems perfectly aligned, revealing a softly lit living room, complete with tea and a crackling fire place.  It gave off a home-like feel, and smelled faintly of cinnamon.  the rug is a soft looking material, brown with red squiggles going across it.  Two arm chairs, both a soft brown, are arranged facing each other.  A table is between them, with the tea set on it.  The fireplace is a natural brick tone, and the walls are that of a log cabin.

I'm 1000% sure this wasn't in the design of the ship, Lucy thought as she entered.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

I'm 1000% sure this wasn't in the design of the ship, Lucy thought as she entered.

The door swung back closed, shutting off all sounds of the ship, and then the masked man walks from around a bend, carrying a plate of still steaming cookies.  "I had this room built as an excellent stowaway chamber.  Of course, a little illusion had to be used, but I think it turned out pretty well."  He set the plate down by the tea, and sat in one of the chairs.  He motioned for lucy to sit.  A soft pounding on the door ensued, the sound more like knocking thanks to the insulating properties of the room.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

The door swung back closed, shutting off all sounds of the ship, and then the masked man walks from around a bend, carrying a plate of still steaming cookies.  "I had this room built as an excellent stowaway chamber.  Of course, a little illusion had to be used, but I think it turned out pretty well."  He set the plate down by the tea, and sat in one of the chairs.  He motioned for lucy to sit.  A soft pounding on the door ensued, the sound more like knocking thanks to the insulating properties of the room.

Lucy sat hesitantly before sinking into the comfortable chair.

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lucy sat hesitantly before sinking into the comfortable chair.

"Oh, where are my manners. I am Johnathan.  Most just call me Johnpick, though I do respond to both.  Tea?"   he poured the tea into one of the cups, then he pulled out a glass bottle with a light brown liquid, and mixed it with the tea before pouring it into the second cup.  "I'm a bit of a coffee addict.  It doesnt do anything to me, I just like the taste.  Now, what brings you on this fine failure of a ship?"  He leaned back in the chair, crossing his legs, and tilted his mask so that his mouth was visible, and began to sip his drink.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Oh, where are my manners. I am Johnathan.  Most just call me Johnpick, though I do respond to both.  Tea?"   he poured the tea into one of the cups, then he pulled out a glass bottle with a light brown liquid, and mixed it with the tea before pouring it into the second cup.  "I'm a bit of a coffee addict.  It doesnt do anything to me, I just like the taste.  Now, what brings you on this fine failure of a ship?"  He leaned back in the chair, crossing his legs, and tilted his mask so that his mouth was visible, and began to sip his drink.

Lucy tried to speak, and found her voice was absent.  Her throat was PARCHED - no wonder she was unable to speak.

With that realization, all the little things her mind had been suppressing came flooding back to her at once.  She snatched the teacup and took short, slow sips, letting the warmth and flavor distract her mind from the newly flooding senses while she tried to regain her voice.

((I haven't decided on a dialogue color for her yet - sorry for the flagrant stalling!))

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lucy tried to speak, and found her voice was absent.  Her throat was PARCHED - no wonder she was unable to speak.

With that realization, all the little things her mind had been suppressing came flooding back to her at once.  She snatched the teacup and took short, slow sips, letting the warmth and flavor distract her mind from the newly flooding senses while she tried to regain her voice.

((I haven't decided on a dialogue color for her yet - sorry for the flagrant stalling!))

((Is fine))

John smiled softly.  "Bit shook, are ya?  that's good.  means you're not used to things like this happening."  The soft pounding on the door subsided.  "And no, things haven't gotten any better.  He's just deciding to wait for a while.  It's a little game he plays."

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

((Is fine))

John smiled softly.  "Bit shook, are ya?  that's good.  means you're not used to things like this happening."  The soft pounding on the door subsided.  "And no, things haven't gotten any better.  He's just deciding to wait for a while.  It's a little game he plays."

Lucy nodded.  "I'm a little weirded out and a lot confused.  Where are we?"

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lucy nodded.  "I'm a little weirded out and a lot confused.  Where are we?"

"Still on the ship, in a veil of illusion made by me to further conceal the room.  Where the ship is, I have no idea.  All I know, is that I'm fine with waiting here for a while.  I have a plant in this room for free air."  He sets his drink down, and pulls his mask back over his mouth.  Uncrossing his legs, he leans forwards.  "And there is not many survivors left.  Such sad, so bad.  Now, as for me, I'm a stowaway.  An officially dead stowaway."  Despite the grim topics, he still seems relaxed, used to the toll and stress of combat and death.  

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Still on the ship, in a veil of illusion made by me to further conceal the room.  Where the ship is, I have no idea.  All I know, is that I'm fine with waiting here for a while.  I have a plant in this room for free air."  He sets his drink down, and pulls his mask back over his mouth.  Uncrossing his legs, he leans forwards.  "And there is not many survivors left.  Such sad, so bad.  Now, as for me, I'm a stowaway.  An officially dead stowaway."  Despite the grim topics, he still seems relaxed, used to the toll and stress of combat and death.  

"What are those things outside?  They don't look like normal Infested."