Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Colours. Best Palette?

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

Is there a colour palette I can use that doesn't make my gun look like it's made out of plastic?

Some weapons don't seem as bad as others. Like the Sobek can look OK with some colours. The palette I got off Baro has some pretty muted tones and the Sobek looks like metal with some of them. Not too bad.

But the Veykor Hek. OMG. It doesn't matter what palette I use I end up with a ridiculous looking Nerf gun. Every colour (I've got) looks plastic on it. It's driving me mad. I get to a stage where I can afford to buy a new palette and all I really want to do with it is use the palette for my weapons, I browse the palettes and have no idea what they are gonna look like, I plump for one and all of the new colours I've got look dreadful on my Hek.

The palettes I've got are Tenno, Classic Saturated, some of the holiday ones (valentines, easter, halloween, one I'm forgetting?) and Baro's. The last one I bought was Tenno cos it looked like it'd got greys and stuff in that would work but they just don't.

Maybe it's the Hek's fault? I dunno. Do I just have to accept that the Hek is actually made out of plastic and shoots foam bullets? Or is there actually a gun metal palette I'm not seeing?

3 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

browse the palettes and have no idea what they are gonna look like, I plump for one and all of the new colours I've got look dreadful on my Hek

Its only colored good in grey\black tones because of its textures.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Is there a colour palette I can use that doesn't make my gun look like it's made out of plastic?

As for me, most useful palettes are fire, orokin and red/white/blue.