Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need To Know The Timers On My Abilities!

Ferriwind

Please add a visual indication for the duration of warframe abilities. For example. a small bar or clock icon that depletes as the duration of an ability goes down.

Self buffs like Invisibility, only you should see the timer. But for effects on enemies and allies, every player on the team should be able to see the visual indicator.

I want to know how long Snow Globe, Bastille, or Radial Blind lasts so I can refresh it perfectly.

I want to know how long Blessing will last so I can take cover or Invisibility so I can air slide refresh it without pausing or getting nuked.

A bar for Rhino Skin's health points would be nice too.

Right now, all we have to go off of is the visual effects of the ability, but this doesn't tell us the duration of the abilities. It only tells us if the ability is on or off.

I guess, this will come with the new in-game U.I. where you can see ally and sentinel health/shields, but I just want to put this out there.

Edited by Stygi

I'm going to be the dissenting voice here.

I actually like how durations need to be learned through experience and how I have to keep track of things myself.

While I agree that it is nice to have a system that takes time and discipline to learn, I imagine that the Tenno are smart enough to put a timer on their HUD to tell them when their power is about to run out. To balance this, there should be ways to effect how much longer a power is going to last. Let's use Loki's Invisibility as an example.

What if standing still increased the time, as in it made the timer move more slowly, but sprinting sped it up (sprinting the entire time would make it last only 60% it's max time or something, but standing still would make it last 120%, arbitrary numbers are arbitrary.). This way, the timer would speed up or slow down based on the player's actions. You would still need to learn how exactly your actions influence the timer, but you always know exactly how long, or approximately if it's just a wheel, the power will last.

With changes in mods.. duration can change over time while gaining more ranks with mods.. and new mods come along.. duration changes when you arent maxed out.

Not only that. when you level up a new frame... you can't just innately know the time duration of your skills, especially when you are upgrading them every level of the way....

Yes, it would be nice, but I think that should more artistical than some bars. Honestly, I'm sick of it from every goddamned mmorpg so far. Shedding pieces on Rhino's Iron skin, fast increasing amount of holes in the snowglobe, revealing different parts/releasing bit of fog on Loki's Invisibility, stuff like this.

Yes, it would be nice, but I think that should more artistical than some bars. Honestly, I'm sick of it from every goddamned mmorpg so far. Shedding pieces on Rhino's Iron skin, fast increasing amount of holes in the snowglobe, revealing different parts/releasing bit of fog on Loki's Invisibility, stuff like this.

Untitled11.png

I agree with the need for more artistic part, but when i play Ember and use Overheat, i usualy go melee against stinky snots and the rest of the swarm. In this situation it is rather hard to notice when Ember loses her magma look and burns with flames only. I'd like the ability icons to glow red just before the effect fades. In Vauban case it could work only for the last grenade or ping yellow if there is more than one left.

Huh, I used to count seconds in my head for Bastille, but then I realized that the lighting inside changes from blue (my energy color I guess?) back to normal lighting about 2 seconds before Bastille ends. Also, it takes a bit for the mobs to get back on their feet after the grid fades, so plenty of time. Snowglobe's effect takes a couple seconds to de-res before it fades completely. So there are some indications in-game already if you pay attention. 

Hard to notice though when Embers and Novas are blasting their crap in high-key colors though. IMO, Embers deserve it when they wade into enemies and don't notice Overheat fading :p 

Edited by jeykama

The problem with it being "Artsy" is that it doesn't fix the problem at all. People are too busy focusing on whatever they're doing to watch their frame's &#! fall apart or whatever. That's why we have bars and icons in most games.

Can you honestly be bothered to look at a bar hidden deep in the corner of the screen while skipping and hopping across toxic ancients?  It's dangerous enough when taking a quick glance at your health...

That's why most UI's are well designed and they generally aren't "hidden deep in the corner of the screen". You should, at a glance without taking your eyes from the action, be able to take in your health, energy and shields as well as any power timers going on. But DE can't be arsed to put real effort into their UI or open it up to modders who would do it for them.