Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Bladestorm Animation Overhaul

Erocelec

It's seems that the Bladestorm cutscene isn't going away anytime soon or at all, and some people hated the idea of just removing it and sending out shadow clones.

So here's my proposal (something similar to Banshee's Sound Quake), Ash sends out shadow clones while he stood in place (with a concetrating-meditation-animation-of-sort; whatever fits his lore).

He'll be invulnerable (which currently is, and no point in removing right? right?), but wouldn't be able to do anything (as in anything at all - no pads, no abilities, no guns, no melee, no walking) other than just being able to move the camera. At least with this, we could still plan and see what's going on around us even after that headache-inducing animation.

TLDR; Still the same, just overhaul the animation. :P

Okay, I'm ready for the salt. Bring it on.

Sounds like more of the same.

• The last Ash rework was a dirty bandage of resentment and spite.
  • The Tonkor, Simulor, and Telos Boltace "reworks" were heavy-handed punitive measures designed to reduce mission times.
  • The last Limbo rework was a time bomb of narrow minded, short sighted, QA absentia.

I'd prefer reworks that demonstrate actual care and commitment.

Try again with these ones into account:

- He must keep his theme:

"This is Ash, lethal and elusive. Ash can remain unseen, but his effects on the battlefield can be felt by all. Keep an eye out, Tenno." -Lotus

-The ability set must synergize but at the same time the abilities shouldn't require other abilities to actually work.

- Must be interactive (no standing still, no "let clones do the job while I do something else")

- Shouldn't require more than a stat tweak to work in Conclave, remaining mostly the same mechanically. (without being too weak or too powerful)

- Must be simple to use, but at the same time allow for skilled players some crazy tactical stuff.