Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the conditions you have to meet in order to obtain a riven, beside having finished TWW?

YANJIUDING

Question

I just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything, since this has been the third month for me without obtaining a single riven from the sortie. I really want to persuade myself that this is pure RNG and I'm just getting super bad luck, but a "common drop" becoming an impossible event is starting to make me doubt my statistics class. 

My point estimator for getting a riven is less than 1% now, and I think it will shrink further.

7 answers to this question

It's RNG. I'm sorry, but if you're eligible for sorties and you regularly complete them, then you should get rivens as rewards, if only very occasionally. I usually get them once or twice every 10-15 sortie sets. Mostly once.

Also, it is sure as heck not a common drop, no matter what its color on the reward table is. You've done your part, it's up to the sorties' RNG once you're finished.

4 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

It's RNG. I'm sorry, but if you're eligible for sorties and you regularly complete them, then you should get rivens as rewards, if only very occasionally. I usually get them once or twice every 10-15 sortie sets. Mostly once.

Also, it is sure as heck not a common drop, no matter what its color on the reward table is. You've done your part, it's up to the sorties' RNG once you're finished.

They are common drops. I've had to buy slots twice now to make room. It is RNG. The Percentages are not a lie and it is the most common drop I believe, if not then the second most common for sure.

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

They are common drops. I've had to buy slots twice now to make room. It is RNG. The Percentages are not a lie and it is the most common drop I believe, if not then the second most common for sure.

Really? You've had much better luck than me, and certainly better luck than our poor OP. I'm interested, would you mind posting what percentages of riven mods you have gotten for Rifles, Pistols, and Shotguns, respectively?

Ty for the answers guys. Now it seems that the only condition to get rivens is completing TWW. I hope this is the case because I currently have 16 rivens and I got all of them by myself. It's just for some unknown reason that starting from one day few months back ago I can no longer get rivens anymore. Maybe just super bad luck.

...Actually I really hope some DE staff can help me confirm this. The frustration related to the riven drop rate is driving me crazy to the point that I want to quit the game. If riven mod has a drop rate of 15%, then the probability of not getting a single riven for 3 months should be like 0.85^90 = 4.44327624e-7.

My riven drop results from sorties imo would not class riven mods as a common reward like they're labelled.  If anything I've had more uncommon rewards (normally a lens or endo...yay) or ayatan sculptures if it's a common drop.  

59 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

Ty for the answers guys. Now it seems that the only condition to get rivens is completing TWW. I hope this is the case because I currently have 16 rivens and I got all of them by myself. It's just for some unknown reason that starting from one day few months back ago I can no longer get rivens anymore. Maybe just super bad luck.

Isn't there a limit of 15 that you can have without buying more slots..... iirc you can have a 16th but you need to make space before you can have more so it's possible you've had some but lost it due to the limit imposed by the dev's due to storage considerations (yeah I know and it's not our fault they went full rng....)

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

My riven drop results from sorties imo would not class riven mods as a common reward like they're labelled.  If anything I've had more uncommon rewards (normally a lens or endo...yay) or ayatan sculptures if it's a common drop.  

Isn't there a limit of 15 that you can have without buying more slots..... iirc you can have a 16th but you need to make space before you can have more so it's possible you've had some but lost it due to the limit imposed by the dev's due to storage considerations (yeah I know and it's not our fault they went full rng....)

I currently have 16/18 so two free slots.