Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with The War Within [Kinda spoilers]

mosaickle

Question

So I can control the golden maw thing, but everything is black, there's no map, no way of knowing what to do, no way of knowing where to go. I've managed to sneak past this thing but once I get to the gate, nothing happens, the wiki says to 'attack', but so far not a singe button works to 'attack'

This is certainly a quitting factor

EDIT: I've watched other people's walkthrough and everyone seems to have actual color and lighting when in that cave place, I have nothing but flat black

Edited by Atylia

6 answers to this question

You have to use the maw to destroy the gate. Clicking allows you to attack. There should have been about 3 other worms you had to destroy before reaching the gate though...

I have not the slightest clue with what black you mean. How did you manage to get past the maw and to the gate yet see all black? I am missing something here .

9 hours ago, HellEnforcer said:

I have not the slightest clue with what black you mean. How did you manage to get past the maw and to the gate yet see all black? I am missing something here .

Literally by blinding through pitch black. Yes, through the entire Golden Maw thing, I had ot go through pitch black unless I held down the void thing which changes the lighting a bit. Otherwise all the cave textures were pitch black.

4 hours ago, Atylia said:

Literally by blinding through pitch black. Yes, through the entire Golden Maw thing, I had ot go through pitch black unless I held down the void thing which changes the lighting a bit. Otherwise all the cave textures were pitch black.

Then it is indeed some sort of bug or problem related to your graphics. I actually did the mission this weekend and I could see; so as you said, you are supposed to at least see your surroundings.

What I would personally try if I found myself in that situation is to play with the settings first to see if there is any change. If not, then restart the mission as maybe it failed to load the textures. If not, then restart the game.

If at this point it's not solved then it's probably a corrupt file or actually a bug. Maybe a conflict with the graphics card or the driver.However, I am not sure how any of those 2 work, so that's a wild guess.

If you manage to rule out a corrupt file somehow (not sure how, reinstalling the game should do the trick, but I am not fond of this method) then I would recommend you to put this on the bugs subforums. I know for sure that there have been some problems with some Nvidia cards sometimes recently; but as I don't own one (old laptop user here), I did not really pay attention to what was the deal with them nor if they are solved at this point.

Okay I looked on youtube and this forum for help to get the transference to work.  Must of been devoured hundred or more times. On my PC and PS4 I use the controller's.  But just couldn't get the right sequence of stunning it and then becoming it.  I found stunning it 5 times and then crouching I suddenly became the maw, this was on the PS4.  Don't try going under the ground but the "Bones" instead.  Then head under stalactites {?}, once in next room avoid the other maws, you really don't have to fight them, just head for the gate that is backlit.  Hit it was your force ray and you will find yourself outside. Just like the other obstacles you had to break through.  Now the fun begins, you have to trudge through snow covered cliff face and continue to the queens room.  Good luck with that.  Tried the same thing on my PC with xbox controller and got same results. Well hope I helped good day y'all.