The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven unveiling help?

Xaranoth

Can anyone help me understand the exact requirements behind this mod? I tried using Loki for his wall cling passive and invisibility to help not alert enemies to set the alarm off. Tried on Akkad eris first, wall clung and killed well over 10 infested, didn't unlock. Tried on Sedna capture next, same thing where I wall clung and killed well over 10 grineer, alarm never went off, but mod didn't unveil. Then tried the capture on lua, same result, no alarm, over 10 kills, no unveil. I'm very confused/frustrated at this point.

1CA7B6A2-7907-4413-B778-1B51B2B3FD15_zps

I'm wondering if maybe the "no alarms" but instead means "without alerting enemies"? Because that's how it seemed to be acting. If that's the case then that's a load of BS with the new way that enemies are alerted, I'll just sell the mod at that point.

In the capture missions, were you trying the challenge before or after you captured the target? Even if alarms have not been set off, some missions types are set to the "alarmed" state by default, and that includes post-capture capture missions, defenses, and survivals at the minimum. You may want to try completing the challenge in a spy or exterminate mission, just in case mission type is the problem.

I've done this with a friend before and it certainly means the alarm that can be raised. Enemies can be alerted but no enemy can set off the alarm. Try an exterminate. We usually do those for the alarm type of rivens. I also recommend doing Infested enemies, low level. 

I recommend finding a big room with a lot of enemies (or run through the level in stealth to force the enemies to spawn close to you in great numbers then kill them). I am not sure on the specifics if you have to kill with your primary associated with the riven or any weapons would work at this moment, but bringing a weapon that can clear rooms would be good. 

On a regular scenario without the alarm part, it would be easier since you can use a decoy to lure them in and drop them easily. 

Edit: Not sure if Infested are "alerted" already, so you may want to try other factions if Infested doesn't work.

Edited by (PS4)xRockinVaruka

Did both. After the capture on the grineer mission, before the capture on the lua mission. And that was the reason I switched from defense on eris to capture, was I wasn't sure if defense had some sort of perma-alerted state.

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

Akkad (Defense) and 2 Capture missions - perhaps try Exterminate, where you can see if the alarm is on or off?

Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I believe capture (at least pre-capturing the target) has the same alarm states that exterminate does. The reason I chose it over exterminate is because I can get capture to spawn more enemies in a single room than exterminate while on solo. I might try the low-level infested exterminate idea and see if that works.

Easiest way to do this. Raising alarms refers to enemies hacking the console and setting off the alarms that way. If i recall, this doesn't apply to survival missions.

Get ember, start a survival (with your riven equipped, make sure you bring the weapon you equipped it on), turn on your 4th power, start running up a wall, don't stop until your riven is open.