Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus overrides rescue target quotes

Celthric317

I have now multiple times failed rescue missions because the Lotus won't stop talking, which apparently overrides the quotes of the rescue target. 
So basicly when the rescue target would yell that they're bleeding out, Lotus is rabbling repetitive about something else. 

Can we please have the rescue target interrupt the Lotus if for example he/she is bleeding out?

Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

You have a indicator on the left side of your Hud that shows the targets health and shields...

Regardless, it is frankly irritating when they queue the VO's rather than allowing more important ones interrupt the repititious ones.

For example, in the Ambulas event, especially at the end of a rotation, it would go like this.

• Bek introduces Ambulas arrival, before he even finishes talking, ambulas is dead and hacked.
  • Bek gasps at what we just did, meanwhile the wave and rotation ends, we all choose to stay,
  • after the next wave starts, Lotus asks if we want to extract or remain, WHEN WE ALREADY CHOSE.

I think such things should be interrupted based on events rather than just waiting for their turn.  So when Ambulas arrives and dies two seconds later (gods he needs a buff), Bek stops his "oh he's so awesome, ambulas the best!" speech and immediately starts cursing the tenno.

And if we already chose to stay, the lotus should just not say anything rather than going through the entire speech of reinforcements and staying and blah blah blah.

Not to mention the only way to know where the rescue target is in a lua rescue mission is waiting for them to should I'M IN HERE and if that gets queued up after lotus prattles on, it gets rather annoying.

TL:DR don't discount a suggestion just because there are workarounds in place.  Everyone plays differently, not everyone wants to take their eyes off where they are going to check on the hostage's health state.

More than once I've looked at a defense object's health, found it fine and 5 seconds later we fail the mission, I don't need my eyes glued to the side of the screen.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Regardless, it is frankly irritating when they queue the VO's rather than allowing more important ones interrupt the repititious ones.

For example, in the Ambulas event, especially at the end of a rotation, it would go like this.

• Bek introduces Ambulas arrival, before he even finishes talking, ambulas is dead and hacked.
  • Bek gasps at what we just did, meanwhile the wave and rotation ends, we all choose to stay,
  • after the next wave starts, Lotus asks if we want to extract or remain, WHEN WE ALREADY CHOSE.

I think such things should be interrupted based on events rather than just waiting for their turn.  So when Ambulas arrives and dies two seconds later (gods he needs a buff), Bek stops his "oh he's so awesome, ambulas the best!" speech and immediately starts cursing the tenno.

And if we already chose to stay, the lotus should just not say anything rather than going through the entire speech of reinforcements and staying and blah blah blah.

Not to mention the only way to know where the rescue target is in a lua rescue mission is waiting for them to should I'M IN HERE and if that gets queued up after lotus prattles on, it gets rather annoying.

TL:DR don't discount a suggestion just because there are workarounds in place.  Everyone plays differently, not everyone wants to take their eyes off where they are going to check on the hostage's health state.

More than once I've looked at a defense object's health, found it fine and 5 seconds later we fail the mission, I don't need my eyes glued to the side of the screen.

Your points are completely justified, i was merely pointing out our current option.

Can we please have the lotus stop talking?

Not only in rescue mission.

When doing a mastery test, she talk and talk and talk again, wasting your time even though you already heard the same speech 10 times. Having 10 second of play and 20 second of lotus nonsense is just boring.

In other mission, maybe she says useful stuff, nobody can understand her in the middle of a gunfight anyway. And she sounds surprised each time I pick up a reactant and it seems to have an effect on my relic.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:31 AM, Xekrin said:

Bek needs to stop talking also. He sounds stupid when you see your first ambulas and he's praising it although you already killed it. He sounds stupid when you see your 10-th ambulas and he's praising it as if you didn't already kill 9 of those. All his dialogues make him look stupid, the marketing service should already have warned him.

Those dialogues could be cool in a non-farming game. In a farming game like Warframe, it makes every single NPC sounds stupid.