Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Breeding Mechanics Using Imprints

Arceuzeus

Question

Alright guys so here's my situation:

I have a lotus Sunika kubrow which is quite small. On the other hand, I have a large (I believe the term is Omega) Domino Huras Kubrow. I want to breed them (using their imprints) in such a way that I end with an Omega Lotus Kubrow. Basically, I'm asking what are the chances that I get a Lotus pattern Kubrow, when using one imprint from a lotus kubrow, and another from a non-Lotus pattern Kubrow. It would be a huge help if someone would explain how the traits from 2 imprints are chosen based on the dominance, and recessiveness of the traits in question (mainly, Lotus pattern Vs. Domino pattern)

9 answers to this question

When you use 2 imprints from 2 different Kubrows, the game will choose each trait from the selection of the imprints. This is why they're referred to as "dominant," because before, it was possible to get a completely different Kubrow because of underlying recessive traits.Height and gender are completely random however, so you have absolutely no influence on that.

So for example, if you choose to breed with those two imprints, you can get a Kubrow with a Lotus fur pattern, with a bulky build, but a short frame (bulky build + tall height is what makes an Omega). You can also get a tall and skinny, or "Lanky", Kubrow with the Domino fur pattern. 

You have a much higher chance of getting your much desired Omega Lotus using your imprints instead of incubating a random Kubrow, but the odds are still stacked against you. I believe you have about a 1/8 chance of getting your Omega Lotus, unless your Lotus Kubrow is Bulky AND Short, otherwise it'll for sure give you the Bulky trait and you'll have a 1/4 chance because only Fur pattern and Height will affect your chances.

Edited by Xionyde134

Maybe it depends on the gender of the parents. 

What is the gender of the Sunika and Huras?

Remember, Omega is different from Bulky. Bulky is huge and Omega is huge and tall.  AFAIK, you cannot inherit the height from the template.

35 minutes ago, Arceuzeus said:

It would be a huge help if someone would explain how the traits from 2 imprints are chosen based on the dominance, and recessiveness of the traits in question (mainly, Lotus pattern Vs. Domino pattern)

There is no such thing as dominant or recessive traits.  You have a 50 / 50 chance to get one or the other pattern.  The size would also be a separate 50 / 50 chance.   Then a third 50 / 50 chance on the breed.

The imprint slot has no influence on the outcome.  Anyone telling you "the breed comes from the left slot and the pattern the right" or anything to that effect is giving you BS.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

There is no such thing as dominant or recessive traits.  You have a 50 / 50 chance to get one or the other pattern.  The size would also be a separate 50 / 50 chance.   Then a third 50 / 50 chance on the breed.

The imprint slot has no influence on the outcome.  Anyone telling you "the breed comes from the left slot and the pattern the right" or anything to that effect is giving you BS.

Alright thank you very much. Just out of curiosity, what's the source of this info?

Just now, Arceuzeus said:

Alright thank you very much. Just out of curiosity, what's the source of this info?

Well, the wiki is depressingly wrong because the one sentence about breeding uses the phrase 'dominant trait'.  So I guess my only real source is playing the game since before kubrows where a thing and breeding dozens of them.  People used to talk about breeding quite a lot on the forums given that "omega" kubrows used to be the plat making option that is now rivens.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Well, the wiki is depressingly wrong because the one sentence about breeding uses the phrase 'dominant trait'.  So I guess my only real source is playing the game since before kubrows where a thing and breeding dozens of them.  People used to talk about breeding quite a lot on the forums given that "omega" kubrows used to be the plat making option that is now rivens.

Oh alright, thanks though 

19 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

When you use 2 imprints from 2 different Kubrows, the game will choose each trait from the selection of the imprints. This is why they're referred to as "dominant," because before, it was possible to get a completely different Kubrow because of underlying recessive traits.Height and gender are completely random however, so you have absolutely no influence on that.

So for example, if you choose to breed with those two imprints, you can get a Kubrow with a Lotus fur pattern, with a bulky build, but a short frame (bulky build + tall height is what makes an Omega). You can also get a tall and skinny, or "Lanky", Kubrow with the Domino fur pattern. 

You have a much higher chance of getting your much desired Omega Lotus using your imprints instead of incubating a random Kubrow, but the odds are still stacked against you. I believe you have about a 1/8 chance of getting your Omega Lotus, unless your Lotus Kubrow is Bulky AND Short, otherwise it'll for sure give you the Bulky trait and you'll have a 1/4 chance because only Fur pattern and Height will affect your chances.

Thanks for the breakdown. So in essence if we talk only about the pattern, I have a 50% chance to come out with a Lotus pattern Kubrow? (In case I do not get the Omega, and simply go for a retry)

5 minutes ago, Arceuzeus said:

Thanks for the breakdown. So in essence if we talk only about the pattern, I have a 50% chance to come out with a Lotus pattern Kubrow? (In case I do not get the Omega, and simply go for a retry)

Yes, if you get the Lotus pattern and the Bulky build on the Kubrow, you can keep copying its imprints and breeding Kubrows with those imprints until the game eventually gives you a Tall Bulky (AKA Omega) Lotus. If you do not get the Lotus pattern, you'll have to use the second set of imprints from the original "parent" Kubrows and hope for a Lotus.

Edited by Xionyde134