The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairly Decent Warframe Trailer

(PSN)LeBlingKing

So I've watched the whole thing, and I'll give you some points as a someone who practices film at a semi-professional level

- You have selected a decent song. However, it's missing some vital bass and impact to the actual subject (in this case, Warframe). Music is a very vital thing to give an impact to a trailer or scene
- The text you've selected is very... standard. It's hard to find good fonts true, but be creative!
- Transitions are ok at the start. Make sure to keep them to the beat of the music. The start kind of works with showing the Warframes dioramma, and then a quick scene of them. That's a good start. However throughout the song, the cuts begin getting very inconsistent to the music and seem just there to be there. Timing is everything.
- Not entierly sure about the dialogue chosen. Sometimes its better to let the viewer guess. As Warframes are generally silent killers, other than their operator, so keeping with that theme generally works.

Its a good attempt, I'll give you that, especially if you don't have much experience with video editing.

2 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

So I've watched the whole thing, and I'll give you some points as a someone who practices film at a semi-professional level

- You have selected a decent song. However, it's missing some vital bass and impact to the actual subject (in this case, Warframe). Music is a very vital thing to give an impact to a trailer or scene
- The text you've selected is very... standard. It's hard to find good fonts true, but be creative!
- Transitions are ok at the start. Make sure to keep them to the beat of the music. The start kind of works with showing the Warframes dioramma, and then a quick scene of them. That's a good start. However throughout the song, the cuts begin getting very inconsistent to the music and seem just there to be there. Timing is everything.
- Not entierly sure about the dialogue chosen. Sometimes its better to let the viewer guess. As Warframes are generally silent killers, other than their operator, so keeping with that theme generally works.

Its a good attempt, I'll give you that, especially if you don't have much experience with video editing.

Thank you for your advice. I questioned giving the trailer dialogue, with the mindset that if I didn't add any, the trailer would be too plain, but if I added too much, I would take focus away from the main idea. I planned on adding some outlines to the subtitles you saw in the intro, but the small preview window with Movie Maker (yep, you read that right) made it look bad, and I got scared. I tried picking a font similar/close to the font the main Warframe logo font was (Futura-Medium). 

When it comes to video editing, I'm a hobbyist, and I make videos when I find the time, so I appreciate the feedback you gave me. Hopefully, I'll be able to upgrade to a better video editing software. 

I liked the first half of the video, though I feel like the music could have been timed better to when the Warframe dropped. I do feel that the Lotus' last bit of dialogue was a bit too wordy, but that's just me. If it were possible, I feel like it could have done with less echo and her saying only "I am the Lotus. You are Tenno. I will guide you, but we must hurry." Though that would require a bit more editing...

I do agree with Stormandreas, in that the music for the second half was off in terms of the lack of a heavy bass like so much of the in-game music.

Also, the overuse of dialogue. I'm not opposed to that, but perhaps instead of just having it rather random, cut in the intro cinematics or something similar for the voice lines to go over?

1 hour ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Thank you for your advice. I questioned giving the trailer dialogue, with the mindset that if I didn't add any, the trailer would be too plain, but if I added too much, I would take focus away from the main idea. I planned on adding some outlines to the subtitles you saw in the intro, but the small preview window with Movie Maker (yep, you read that right) made it look bad, and I got scared. I tried picking a font similar/close to the font the main Warframe logo font was (Futura-Medium). 

When it comes to video editing, I'm a hobbyist, and I make videos when I find the time, so I appreciate the feedback you gave me. Hopefully, I'll be able to upgrade to a better video editing software. 

Not a problem man. If you want some advice gimmie a shout.

You used Windows movie maker...?!... CRIIIIIIIIINGE.. ahaha sorry, I had to.
Better/professional software is damn hard to come by unfortunately. I mean if you have the spare cash you can invest into it but usually its not worth it if you're not too serious.