Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Build?

(PSN)Qanzuko

Question

Here is my build is this right? or can improvements be made? I put the polaritys that I formaed for before the mod I formad my Nidus 4 times.

Aura - Corrosive Projection, Handspring, D Vitality, V Transient Fortitude , - Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Stretch, Overextended, Rage, Steel Fiber

Edited by (PS4)Surazaku

4 answers to this question

If you're solo then Growing Power aura is more impressive for him than CP but of course CP has group value. Nidus is immune to CC when his Link on enemies so you're not going to get much use out of Handspring.

Usually you want to choose between Blind Rage + P. Flow or Blind Rage + Rage. Each has their own perks and disadvantages.

I've never had a need for both Flow and Rage.

For content under lvl 200 a Range build works well giving you good Link distance, more efficient Virulence and slightly better CC.

I use both a Range and a Power build. The Power build will start to pull ahead after lvl 200.

This is what I use. The Range build started to fall off around lvl 270 and the Power build started to fall off around lvl 400. I should note I use both Zenurik and Arcane Energize on my Nidus so Rage is of little value to me. It's more useful when you don't have plenty of energy.

Spoiler

DWGaZDW.jpg

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

If you're solo then Growing Power aura is more impressive for him than CP but of course CP has group value. Nidus is immune to CC when his Link on enemies so you're not going to get much use out of Handspring.

Usually you want to choose between Blind Rage + P. Flow or Blind Rage + Rage. Each has their own perks and disadvantages.

I've never had a need for both Flow and Rage.

For content under lvl 200 a Range build works well giving you good Link distance, more efficient Virulence and slightly better CC.

I use both a Range and a Power build. The Power build will start to pull ahead after lvl 200.

This is what I use. The Range build started to fall off around lvl 270 and the Power build started to fall off around lvl 400. I should note I use both Zenurik and Arcane Energize on my Nidus so Rage is of little value to me. It's more useful when you don't have plenty of energy.

Hide contents

DWGaZDW.jpg

So rage is not a good idea for Nidus then? and would power drift be good for him?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Surazaku said:

So rage is not a good idea for Nidus then? and would power drift be good for him?

Rage is a great choice for Nidus in general. It's just one of two choices IMO and it matters on which works for you.

Rage relies on your health taking damage, which is easy enough when you don't have shields but it can also be hindered by CC and Nidus has a good amount of CC, one of which is maggots which you can't really control in addition to weapons.

P.Flow + Zenurik + Energize, relies on getting kills instead of getting hit to gain energy. It's more resistant to energy drains while giving you more room to work with.

I would go ahead and try P.Flow + Rage to ensure your energy management is taken care of then go from there.

I recently got Nidus, and I'm still in the process of getting him Forma'd. I've also not done extensive testing, so take it with a grain of salt when I say that my worst run with Nidus was when I added Blind Rage to him.

To be clear, this isn't a slight against Blind Rage, or against Xzorn's build. It's more a slight against my skill level, or lack thereof. I'm not particularly great at games like this. My friends, on the other hand, are much better than me. More times than I can count, I'd Larva enemies together, only for them to kill the group before I could get Virulence off. Between that and the increased cost of my abilities thanks to Blind Rage, I found myself contributing very little to the fight. In fact, for a good 3-4 waves of the Defense mission we were on, I was stuck at less than 5 Mutation stacks!

Now, I don't have any Arcanes, and I'm still leveling my Energy Overflow, so I'm going to have to do some testing for myself. However, I'm hoping that when playing solo, Blind Rage's reduced Efficiency can be overcome simply by having every enemy focused on you, as it should be easier to get multiple hits per cast of Virulence. As for group play, especially group play with my friends, my hope is that dropping Blind Rage for Rage will allow me to contribute to the fight.

Anyway, that's my input. Like I said, I'm not an expert, but it was an issue I ran into, so I figured I'd share my thoughts on the subject.