Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Drop Rate Of Nova Parts

BurningDesire

It looks to me like the Raptor is buggy because it is the first flying boss, and I believe the first flying enemy that can fly that high. Wait a bit and I am sure they will patch the bug.

They're supposed to have patched it already, 3 god damn times.

This is no bug, it's clearly intentional and it is a @(*()$ scumbag move on DE's part.

The rare material drop rate was also an obvious bait and switch to divert everyone's attention from the complete inability to obtain Nova short of buying it with plat. There is literally no reason for it to be doing this. If it's that the drops are falling through the map as they claimed, why don't they just set a respawn point for them in the arena, like EVERY OTHER BOSS ALREADY HAS?

I'm not spending another cent on this game after this blatant cash-grab.

Absolutely disgusting.

This is no bug, it's clearly intentional and it is a @(*()$ scumbag move on DE's part.

The rare material drop rate was also an obvious bait and switch to divert everyone's attention from the complete inability to obtain Nova short of buying it with plat. There is literally no reason for it to be doing this. If it's that the drops are falling through the map as they claimed, why don't they just set a respawn point for them in the arena, like EVERY OTHER BOSS ALREADY HAS?

Absolutely disgusting

Then don't play at all , go awayyyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by Frostmire

Well it should be noted that aside from parts this boss drops nothing else. I haven't tested the other ones yet but I remember that as I farmed the other bosses you would get neurodes, neural sensors or control modules (depending on the planet) but this boss drops nothing else. Making the runs incredibly unfulfilling.

Imo... they should make a token system

Maybe even make the verious BP "expensive" token wise but AT LEAST you have a guaranteed part at somepoint.

If the drop is purely luck based and if you have a bad luck you can farm all you want but you'll never find anything and at somepoint you just "give up and a middle finger".

Absolutely disgusting.

Sorry, that it doesn't fit your conspiracy theory, but I was able to farm all the BPs I needed to build Nova within about 90 minutes between Saturday and Sunday. People who farmed the boss with me at the time and since then have managed to get part BPs too.

Hell, ironically enough the sole reason I couldn't build the frame was that I didn't have enough salvage, ferrite and rubedo and couldn't farm what I needed until the hotfix on Monday (as-is, still haven't bothered building it, used the salvage and rubedo I farmed over the past day to build the Hikou).

As the old saw goes, never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.

Well it should be noted that aside from parts this boss drops nothing else. I haven't tested the other ones yet but I remember that as I farmed the other bosses you would get neurodes, neural sensors or control modules (depending on the planet) but this boss drops nothing else. Making the runs incredibly unfulfilling.

Raptor does drop mods like the other bosses, but that's about it. Assuming it can drop resources at all, they're definitely the rarest thing it drops.

Sorry, that it doesn't fit your conspiracy theory, but I was able to farm all the BPs I needed to build Nova within about 90 minutes between Saturday and Sunday. People who farmed the boss with me at the time and since then have managed to get part BPs too.

I'm sure we should all just take your word for it.

I don't believe you for one second, and nobody should unless you can back up what you are saying with some evidence.

I'm sure we should all just take your word for it.

I don't believe you for one second, and nobody should unless you can back up what you are saying with some evidence.

nroa.jpg

Click the picture for full resolution; Now come the accusations of photoshop, right?

Edited by Taranis49

its intended so people will buy Nova first because of frustration lol. 

raptor is not dropping mods and mats too. that's a  sigh that I should not farm nova for now.

they can easily patch it but they are not doin it. :D   profit first lol.

I'd like to see you quickly patch something where you don't know what's wrong. Also, edit button. It's your friend.

Where's the fun if you could get every parts in 1 hour or less? 

Our group got all 3 parts in 6 runs the day Nova was released. The fun was in me playing with Nova tonight since she was done building. :P

But tonight we also ran Raptor a bunch of times for a clan member, and we got 0 drops. Not just 0 blueprints, but nothing flew out of Raptor. We even had Loki switch teleport him into the middle room with a Volt shield to increase damage and shield us for fast runs. No drops at all.

So it's quite a wonky drop rate. Glad our first group got lucky. We set off a lot of fireworks that night.

Hell, ironically enough the sole reason I couldn't build the frame was that I didn't have enough salvage, ferrite and rubedo and couldn't farm what I needed until the hotfix on Monday (as-is, still haven't bothered building it, used the salvage and rubedo I farmed over the past day to build the Hikou).

As the old saw goes, never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.

Raptor does drop mods like the other bosses, but that's about it. Assuming it can drop resources at all, they're definitely the rarest thing it drops.

"As the old saw goes, never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."

I dont believe you, but even if  do, you should consider yourself lucky, is not the common thing for the rest of players.

and as i farmed ALL the warframes, i can tell you raptor drop rate is bugged as hell.

I'd like to see you quickly patch something where you don't know what's wrong. Also, edit button. It's your friend.

Thank you - someone with common sense

The devs have commented several times on not being sure what exactly the issue is and that the drop rates themselves have been checked and are normal and in line with other bosses.

I don't see why people expect the developers to fix a bug when they don't even know what causes it. It's not some evil conspiracy to get you to empty your wallet.

Edited by Segolia

"As the old saw goes, never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."

I dont believe you, but even if  do, you should consider yourself lucky, is not the common thing for the rest of players.

and as i farmed ALL the warframes, i can tell you raptor drop rate is bugged as hell.

I included a screenshot to show I farmed the parts, unless you're going to claim my gaming experience was faked in a studio. :-)

Also, I don't dispute Raptor's drops are buggy, but read what I actually responded to - he claimed it wasn't a bug, that it was intentional, yadda yadda. As far as I can tell, it's simply that his drops occur out of bounds if he's too high or somewhere he wasn't meant to be (e.g. the inside of the central building); since I've always managed to at least get a mod provided I don't just kill him willy-nilly and wait for him to be within about 10m of the ground.

Regardless, it's not some conspiracy to strip people of their money so we have to buy the frame, otherwise I and other people wouldn't be getting parts either (nevermind being able to complete the entire frame).

Hell, if he thinks this is some horrible conspiracy by DE to get him to spend money, that tells me he probably wasn't around for the latron prime receiver/reaper prime blade debacle when void missions were first introduced.

or in this case lack there of, i have been farming this stupid boss for 10hrs and not a single drop. this is weak as &!$$ and im damn well over it. i go to the lenght of clearing the area and serching everywhere but 10hrs that is a joke for nothing

10 hours? I have been farming him since U9 came out, and all hotfixes, the last blueprint I got was a chassis, and that was 26 hours ago

2 days till Nova is ready to claim :D

Well, you are lucky for getting all zem parts ;) lucky you.

I really don't see why they couldn't have just used the current drop rate system that other bosses seem to have.

I totally agree, the old drop rate system was way better and less frustrating to work with, as we would be able to farm all of a warframes parts from a particular boss in 1 day, 2 days max(Unless you don't do it over and over). Really do hope they tweak his drop rate and make it a bit higher.

But we all should just be happy that there are new stuff other then the Nova warframe, we should be happy for the new weapons, both prime and normal, and also the new map expansions.

10 hours? I have been farming him since U9 came out, and all hotfixes, the last blueprint I got was a chassis, and that was 26 hours ago

Well, you are lucky for getting all zem parts ;) lucky you.

I totally agree, the old drop rate system was way better and less frustrating to work with, as we would be able to farm all of a warframes parts from a particular boss in 1 day, 2 days max(Unless you don't do it over and over). Really do hope they tweak his drop rate and make it a bit higher.

But we all should just be happy that there are new stuff other then the Nova warframe, we should be happy for the new weapons, both prime and normal, and also the new map expansions.

As noted, Raptor has the same drop rate as other bosses; it's that the drops themselves are bugged (unsurprising, since Raptor's the first boss that flies) - depending on his position (in my experience, when he's too high or in a place he can't naturally get to), the drops basically occur out of bounds.

As noted, Raptor has the same drop rate as other bosses; it's that the drops themselves are bugged (unsurprising, since Raptor's the first boss that flies) - depending on his position (in my experience, when he's too high or in a place he can't naturally get to), the drops basically occur out of bounds.

you were right, i made a workaround and finally found the system.

you have to lure raptor into the hangar so he can't fly so high, anyway the drop rate is worst than Khela, but is a bug anyway, not a conspiracy.

cheers!

Hmm, ok, well hope they sort the bug out, I knew it was something along these lines, just could not confirm anything, anyways, I do hope they fix this.

Yeah it's really bad that everyone cant have all the parts within a couple of days of farming (End sarcasm)

I'd like all bosses drop to be this rare, would add more length to the game, instead of being able to get all the parts from one grinding session and having nothing to do

Then they can add a token system with large requirements, but consistent drops so you at least know you're progressing. And you're second part makes no sense sense people are able to get all the parts from one grinding session with the current 'system'

when i was farming up his bps, i killed him where he was hovering just above the little box that you can go in in the middle of the map, and i still got drops, so stuff can drop up there, some times the drops flew off into a corner sandwiched between boxes, could still get them, usually after i killed him i just waited till all the corpus were dead then searched his area for the little pink candy and then left :/

I have tried at least a few times every day since the update on Friday and had almost no luck getting anything to drop.

On Friday/Saturday, it dropped a mod. Only a mod. Not even a resource, definitely not a blueprint.

Yesterday (Tuesday), it actually dropped a mod and a chassis blueprint.

So far these are the only two times I saw drops at all out of 30 some kills. ALMOST a 10% chance to drop any items whatsoever! CLEARLY not working as intended, as every other boss drops at least a mod, and usually a resource.

Something about it is glitched, but i FOUND a workaround.  You need a rhino and banshee with rifle amps on.  Pack vandaltrons with max damage, multishot, arp, crit, and crit damage.  Sonar and roar, and kill it in ONE rotation (before it can even use missiles).  It will drop at a normal rate.

I'm one of those lucky guys that got Nova within an hour or two of farming.  I only did up to ten runs on Saturday and got four BP drops.  She should be done baking in about eight hours.

Three of those BP drops were received during a solo run.  I wasn't trying to do solo runs, but no one joined in, surprisingly.  On my solo runs, I consistently killed Raptor in nearly the same spot each time.  I'd run in, Raptor would come around the left side of the complex.  I'd stand to the left and forward of that initial group of rocks you see when you enter the room and throw up Snow Globe. Raptor would sit in one place, high up by the edge of the cliff on the left and just continually blast me with everything.  Seriously--it wouldn't move at all.  I'd then use my Bolto/Vandaltron to finish it off.  The blueprints would show up on the floor below it, near the cliff wall.

The one other time was with a full squad.  In those instances I noticed that Raptor would move all over the place, and it wouldn't show numbers for all of my hits on it.  In that one instance the blueprint fell down near the building in the center, by the big cargo boxes.

I do believe that there's a bug with the drops not appearing in certain places on the map or what not.  I ran it again yesterday with a friend and in ten runs, we saw one BP drop.  Saw mods and resources drop at a fair rate though so that's puzzling.