Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for Tenno Mentor

Llegien20

Question

Hello everyone! I'm a level 7 Tenno, but even though I'm a higher rank than a "noob" I'm struggling to understand the nuances of this great game. 

I dropped some cash to support the devs and have roughly 1800 plat to spend. Just don't know what to buy haha. 

Overall im looking for someone who doesn't mind helping me wrap my head around this game. I'm not looking for handouts, like you hand me a sweet gold mod, but rather help locating where to find sweet gold mods!

Further, I'm looking to stick around this game for the long haul now and could use a cool Tenno bud! By extension a friendly guild would be outstanding.

Im also 6'1", love Arsenal FC, and coffee. There is your Tinder style bio from me. 

All kidding aside thanks for reading!

Edited by Llegien20

4 answers to this question

Your best bet is to invest in mods as they will last you the long haul. My first suggestion for mods are Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, and Shield Disruption.  After that look into the electric status mods as well. There are several mods that are considered required mods which you're going to want to get your hands on. Google "corrupted mods" as a good number of those are important.

Next I would look into getting a good couple prime weapons. Which you get is of course up to personal preference. Do some research and find what you would prefer or give us some info on play style for suggestions.

Then there comes the grind of collecting frames and weapons for certain situations/objectives.

Eathian thanks! I didn't know you could have 2 aura mods on! I've settled on Soma Prime and have all parts just need to farm Orokin Cells! 

I also love Excalibur and was sad to find out I'll never get his Prime. Do you have a recommendation for a good frame that's hybrid DPS/survival?

You can only have one aura mod equipped at a time, however what you're fighting will dictate which aura is most important. Corrosive Projection for Grineer/Corrupted, Shield Disruption for Corpus, and Energy Siphon for Infested.

As for a hybrid DPS survival I would look into Mesa, Saryn, Nova, Banshee, Octavia, and Nidus. Each of those either are great at putting out DPS or making it easier for everyone to put out more DPS. 

Also, even without his prime Excal is still a solid choice. Make sure you're using a one handed slash weapon to benefit from his passive.