Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are They Called "The Sentient"

BetaNoire

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

Introspection happens to anyone and everyone.

Doesn't tend to mean much when we hear it squarely out of any context outside of 'I'm selling my current R&D work'

I doubt it, honestly. Ballas explicitly states he can't do anything to help her if she continues her work. Add in how the Executor's seem to work on majority and well...Considering how Ballas is quite the snake with how he manipulated Perintol's trial to look like he was losing, but ultimately won, I imagine that he would have been able to do the same if he wanted to in Margulis' situation.

As for Ballas and whether or not he developed a conscience...personally I'm really sceptical. Need a lot more material, especially some direct looks at his actual motives, than trusting the bleeding hearts on the assessment. Context is very important to make the argument one way or another.

Once again, all comes down to the same problem: We need more information.

DE tells stories by not telling it. It's dramatic and thoughtful, if frustrating to the point of pulling hair sometimes.

On 5/21/2017 at 1:37 AM, SenorClipClop said:

The Sentient are called so because as the Lore goes (iirc), deep-space AI drones were sent by the Orokin to survey and farm solar systems beyond Origin. Sometime later in the Tau system, these AI gained real intelligence and became sentient, hence their name.

The Sentients are called so because they gained sentience. However, I think the reason we see "The Sentient", singular, is because The Sentient is Hunhow. Just wanted to clear that up. The "sentients" that we fight now are fragments of The Sentient, Hunhow.

On 5/21/2017 at 7:53 AM, Beggining said:

Why are the Grineer called as such if they're either grumpy and/or crazy?

Checkmate, atheists.

I proceeded to slowly exhale air out of my nostrils after reading this comment. Good one !