Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth charger missing collar - can't fix.

LadyInanna

Question

You read the title. When I go to select Byron (my lovely helminth) no matter what I do, it still says missing collar. I've tried restarting warframe, putting her in stasis and taking her out again, but it just won't fix it.

I've seen answers where people say "Go into a mission and you can select it." Am I missing something here, or am I correct in thinking you can't choose companions in a mission? Am I just being a dumbass?

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Kim-Of-Angle-Erye said:

You read the title. When I go to select Byron (my lovely helminth) no matter what I do, it still says missing collar. I've tried restarting warframe, putting her in stasis and taking her out again, but it just won't fix it.

Ensure you have completed the quest Howl Of The Kubrow. This quest rewards the collar and enables the use of companions. Unfortunately the Helminth Charger will not suffice for quest completion and you will need to hatch a normal kubrow.

Occasionally, after completing this quest there is a bug where you are still missing the collar but a simple relog will permanently fix it at this point.

30 minutes ago, Kim-Of-Angle-Erye said:

I've seen answers where people say "Go into a mission and you can select it." Am I missing something here, or am I correct in thinking you can't choose companions in a mission?

After the mission you can select it, not during the mission. But if stasis doesn't work, maybe that's also bugged, just try it.

Am I wrong or is Byron a male name?

6 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

After the mission you can select it, not during the mission. But if stasis doesn't work, maybe that's also bugged, just try it.

Am I wrong or is Byron a male name?

Byron is the family name of a renowned English poet, Gordon Byron. I name my pets whatevuh the heck I want kiddo

12 minutes ago, Kim-Of-Angle-Erye said:

Byron is the family name of a renowned English poet, Gordon Byron. I name my pets whatevuh the heck I want kiddo

Completely ignoring that I was trying to help you and starting to rage over a virtual pet... who's the the kid?

...Btw, you were the one calling it "her" 2 times... that's why I asked, genius.

Here, have a :facepalm:

Edited by O.O_

Just now, O.O_ said:

Completely ignoring that I was trying to help you and starting to rage over an virtual pet... who's the the kid?

...Btw, you were the one calling it "her" 2 times... that's why I asked, genius.

Here, have a :facepalm:

I ain't mad, did I sound mad? I am so bad at emoting. I do apologize if I offended.

And yes, I have tried going into missions and selecting her. Still doesn't work. I guess it's just bugged lmao

I think I heard of this bug when it first came out to be honest... figured it was long patched by now.

OK, if I remember correctly, you'll want to put em in stasis and complete a quick mission or relog, then take them back out. I think that used to fix it?

Sorta if not in that order it may not work.

Edited by Serinexxa

6 minutes ago, Serinexxa said:

I think I heard of this bug when it first came out to be honest... figured it was long patched by now.

OK, if I remember correctly, you'll want to put em in stasis and complete a quick mission or relog, then take them back out. I think that used to fix it?

Sorta if not in that order it may not work.

I did that plenty. Hell, I've had her in stasis for maybe a month. Just took her out today, it wasn't fixed.

10 minutes ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

Ensure you have completed the quest Howl Of The Kubrow. This quest rewards the collar and enables the use of companions. Unfortunately the Helminth Charger will not suffice for quest completion and you will need to hatch a normal kubrow.

Occasionally, after completing this quest there is a bug where you are still missing the collar but a simple relog will permanently fix it at this point.

That actually does help. I haven't completed it yet because when I was setting up the incubation, I selected the cyst thingy instead of whatever the thing was for the Kubrow, and I thought it would progress the quest. Guess I was just being a dumbass. Thanks much