The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The laucher problem

Fallen_Echo

Before i start, this is not another post about the ridicolus and clunky design of maps and the self damage system we have enough of those already.

Im here to talk about my main problem with laucher weapons and the fact that risk vs reward looses its relevance after the mobs start to hit level 60+.

My suggestion is basically a mod what makes all explosive launchers usable in all cases, this mod is the fomorian infusion.

This could have a small quest for it or drop from the incoming fomorians or whatever.

The fomorian infusion does two things:

1. Grants a flat bonus damage to all shots equal to 10% of the targets max hp.
  2. Increases base damage by 10 points per enemy level (affected by armor and shields)

Lets take a lv 1 enemy with 100hp.

We shoot him with a training gun what deals 0 damage by default, with the mod equipped it takes 5 shots to take him out.

If we increase his hp to 1000, it takes max 10 shots to kill him.

Now before someone says that this is just another way to make our guns OP heres a catch: You cannot equip base damage mods when you use Fomorian Infusion.

No hc, no serration, you can only equip elemental mods which means you will lose a big amount of damage by choosing reliable scaling.

If DE chooses to introduce this mod all explosive launchers become reliable weapons what actually reward the players for using and not just provide unnecessary risk.

All weapons, launchers or not, start to fall off at certain point. Why launchers should get a mod to counter that?

/offtopic

ridiculous and clunky map design posts? Well apparently I've been living under a rock, cuz I havent seen any of those.

20 minutes ago, KillMePlis said:

All weapons, launchers or not, start to fall off at certain point. Why launchers should get a mod to counter that? Becuase most people would be okay with lauchers dealing self damage if they could reliably kill the targets. An unmodded ogris can kill atleast 50% of our warframes while it can barely scratch grineer or corpus past lv40.

/offtopic

ridiculous and clunky map design posts? Well apparently I've been living under a rock, cuz I havent seen any of those. I have seen some posts putting the blame on map desigs as the reson why launchers are uselss. (to be specific invisible ledges, corpus build style and such)