Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network not responding error keeps showing up

JLeetz65

Question

Every now and then while playing, either while at the Orbiter or in mission, the message "Network not responding" keeps showing up. I get longer loading times too whenever exiting the Arsenal, clicking on Navigation or being invited to someone else's dojo. This started happening only two days ago, around the afternoon in my timezone. Everything was fine in the morning then after I woke up from my nap and played again in the afternoon that error suddenly kept showing up.

I honestly have no idea if it's a problem on my end, my ISP, or the Warframe servers but I'm certain that it wasn't like this before until just 2 days ago. Can anyone who's experienced and fixed this share their thoughts?

9 answers to this question

The most common cause for this is a communication issue with the server, either on the lines; DE's server; or your ISP but can also be due to drivers starting to crash or memory buildup like what was happening when DE Glen and the forum tried to narrow down a memory leak with Nvidia Graphics drivers. Might be worth looking at the drivers and those memory leak threads first before inspecting network lines and the router for damage.

I started experiencing this also... Constant 'Network not responding'. Started around friday.. can be really annoying is you are trying to rush through missions.

Wasn't the case before this. 

I am on a LAN network from the router to PC. I tried disabling ipv6 as DE recommended 

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/223304468-Network-not-responding

Switched DNS servers, reinstalled Geforce drivers, reinstalled the whole game and still no use. 

Dota 2 and CSGO no issues at all. 

I have a 1 gbps line with realistic speed of around 850-900 mbps to local servers at aorund 5-6ms latency. 

Solution : None for me

Result : Me ranting on clan discord and switching to leveling my Dota 2 battle pass. 

Driver issue? Maybe. But the thing is, I didn't actually close the game before I took a nap and everything was fine before that. I left the game on with my character standing by the Orbiter then when I woke up in the afternoon and moved around my stuff, that error suddenly kept popping up at the bottom part of my screen :/

So I assume something started messing up my network during the time I was afk which I don't know what caused it. This is only with Warframe though.

1 hour ago, BUAHAHAHAHA said:

You can check ping to some good server like google to make sure it isnt your net fault just to be sure, press windows key + r then type "ping www.google.com -t".

I did that and all stable at 300ms, no RTOs.

1 hour ago, JLeetz65 said:

I did that and all stable at 300ms, no RTOs.

300ms is quite high, everything above 200ms can be called a lag if its towards google server - to other players 300-400 is playable. Ping to google should be below 100-150, mine is at 60-90 and i use old phone as modem.

No idea what RTOs means, english is not my native.

Edited by BUAHAHAHAHA

Ah, it means "request timed out". I'm not sure how low the ping should be for everyone if they were to ping to Google but I'm sure it has to do with something like how far I am to Google's servers. Still, this problem bugs me. There are even times that when I go pub, the loading takes forever or not load at all then I'd get disconnected from the host. :c