Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed

MocaOH

Question

2 answers to this question

As jopos15 said, additional clarification could be useful. However despite the lack of information, I could raise a couple suggestions off the top of my head that might help.

if you use an antivirus solution, you may wish to disable its protection for the period of time that the update is running (though I know of no files installed by the game that should raise this type of issue, odder things have indeed happened with software and false positives).

You may wish to ensure you are properly connected to the internet and/or not using something such as a VPN service or TOR (which may change your IP at times and mess with the download connection. If you use an Ethernet/CAT5 cable, ensure it's properly plugged in on both ends. If you use wireless, try and optimize your path or placement of the router, move any windows or mirrors in the way that might reflect or distort the signals oddly. This can also be affected by such machines that emit radio waves or any radiation (such as a microwave. Mine used to mess with my phones connection, and also interferes with my Bluetooth playback of music).

Try verifying or optimizing your game installation. This game speed up how the game runs, clean up any trash files to make space, and the verify option can repair your install if the game is having issues. You can find these options in the little gear button on the top right hand corner of the launcher (The warframe launcher specifically however. If you attempt to verify the install using Steams verification, it will notice problems and redownload the game as it's never on the most recent update to conserve bandwidth.)

And lastly, try just restarting your computer. It's surprising how many issues I've found this solves.

Once we get get further information regarding your issue, maybe we can find a solution more tailored to you.

Edited by Mr.Trill
Word redundancies :p