Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank

(PSN)GURU1289

Question

Is it possible to do the mastery test and rank only by leveling up  new weapons and keeping the warframe the same.. I  have an Excalibur at max find it more easy to play with it in the Jupiter rather than a rhino.. exalted blade helps me to kill  the new ambulas too.. please confirm..

9 answers to this question

Any Warframe, weapon, or companion that you haven't gained mastery for already will count towards Affinity for Mastery Rank. Which means you can use one Warframe, and level up every single weapon, and you'll still be set :)

As for the Mastery Test, use the Warframe that you are most comfortable with.

If you're asking if you can achieve max MR by leveling only weapons, the answer is no.  The max rank is the sum total of all affinity that you're able to get, which includes ALL Warframes.  

That being said, outside of MR gated items and places, MR is virtually meaningless in the long term.  

OP: you may want to edit for clarity to make sure you get the answers you want.  

Edited by (XB1)ATLongshot

I feel excalibur  is the apt warframe for my play because of its ablities..somehow with rhino  I am not getting that feel of getting out tight  situations. . fail in missions for  jupiter planet now that i play with the rhino. . My question  "can mastery rank be achieved  if I still use my maxed  excalibur but keep changing weapons for it and level them up.. or should I just keep changing warframe to achieve higher health and shield

27 minutes ago, (PS4)GURU1289 said:

I feel excalibur  is the apt warframe for my play because of its ablities..somehow with rhino  I am not getting that feel of getting out tight  situations. . fail in missions for  jupiter planet now that i play with the rhino. . My question  "can mastery rank be achieved  if I still use my maxed  excalibur but keep changing weapons for it and level them up.. or should I just keep changing warframe to achieve higher health and shield

Rhino's Iron Skin is a pretty good ability for geting out of tight situations and increasing survivability.
Can't really compare your maxed Excalibur with unmaxed Rhino since the frame's stats increases with the level.

As for Mastery Rank(short for MR), it does not increase nor give you higher health and shield.

For more information, read this:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

54 minutes ago, (PS4)GURU1289 said:

I'm afraid you are asking about different things. You should use your best frame and weapons for most challenging missions. When you will have several frames and weapons to choose from you will also use the ones that suit the actual mission type the best for you. That way you can complete the missions quickly and without dying (a lot).

However if a frame or weapon was already leveled to 30 at least once you won't get any more affinity toward your mastery rank using it. If that's your goal then you should use new stuff in easier missions or mix it - new frame to level + powerful weapon to kill quickly or tough frame + new weapon to level.

At any point you should have at least one fully leveled weapon - possibly with potato (orokin catalyst) and ranked up essential mods (base damage, multishot, elemental combo relevant to faction you are facing) so even if you are leveling something else you can switch to it and clear the area quickly if needed.

Talking pure numbers. 

You can reach MR21 if you just level weapons, sentinals, companions, archwings, archwing weapons, missions and junctions.

Just normal weapons only you will reach MR18.

Warframes    48    288,000
Weapons    293    879,000
Companions    20    120,000
Sentinel Weapons    12    36,000
Archwings    5    30,000
Archwing Weapons    17    51,000
Missions    226    14,334
Junctions    13    13,000
Total    634    1,431,334
Minus Exclusives    580    1,230,334

Source : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Would be fun to see if someone actually tried it.

16 hours ago, (PS4)GURU1289 said:

Is it possible to do the mastery test and rank only by leveling up  new weapons and keeping the warframe the same.. I  have an Excalibur at max find it more easy to play with it in the Jupiter rather than a rhino.. exalted blade helps me to kill  the new ambulas too.. please confirm..

Kubrows, kavats and sentinel will grant you also XP towards your Mastery rank

So does archwing