Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corvette enemies in Archwing ...

DSpite

... seem to be cheating little frekkers.

I got hit from no where at one stage, then narrowed it down to a Corvette, so I started isolating them and playing dodge with them.

It states in the description they fire grenades? Well, apparently if you are standing behind a very thick wall and well back as well, you still take damage. I was behind a corner and behind a wall extrusion and what happens is that you pop out very briefly to make them take a shot, then duck behind cover, and the shots will fly past cover about 20-50 meters away, but your shield still flashes.

I don't think there is any calculation in the "will I hit you mechanics" other then a "if target within X degrees of cone at moment of shot, just apply damage". Also, this might be my imagination, but the time it takes for the shots to reach seems not to be based on distance. A shot from one of them from 235 meters took the same apparent time interval to reach me (make shield flash) as one from less then 100m. It "feels" like the mechanic on the Imperator, where it seems to fire bullets with travel time, but is Hit-Scan. The Corvette seems to apply damage as if the hit calculation on the the "initial shot" was hitscan, but with a damage delay.

I've just danced with a bunch of them for over 20 minutes, and unless I was running at full speed - as in using Afterburner, which makes it very hard to even tell where the Corvette actually is - I was still getting shield hits.

Can anyone confirm any of this?

The feeling that a unit can always apply damage consistently by just being in the field bypassing the more "normal" hit mechanics feels kind of annoying. I mean, if they have to do that, I'd rather they fired something else, or applied more obvious explosions to the "grenades". Right now it feels like being hit with a hacking shotgun.

Edited by DSpite