Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer and Mutant Bosses Should Look More Original

MetaMortred

Grineer and Mutant Bosses Should Look More Original . . . like the Jackal. A special boss, not just another guy increased in size.

Grineer like biotech? then make a bio-suit that has a Plasma Caster like this:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120612175439/avp/images/7/7d/3633946_std.png

or wanna be more creative? then this:

http://www.walkersweb.org/Q4Overview/BigBadandUgly/BossBuddy.jpg

or this:

http://www.walkersweb.org/Q4Overview/BigBadandUgly/Makron.jpg

(like a king of Grineer)

For the infected be creative! like this:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/032/1/5/15dcb48a70cdc2308a44aa63b5c798c1.jpg

not? then at least put some tentacles or something on its back, make him look far different than the average distrupter! You can either go wild, make it huge, or go opposite, make it sophisticated and smart. Its your choice. Anything but the normal models.

Wanna reuse? then reuse Warframe models, warframes that have been infected with the virus. you have now 8 different boss variations. slap some meat on the current models and present them as bosses . . . see? no need to make stuff from zero. (I have more ideas on this particular matter, but perhaps its better if it is said privately in a ticket or somethng similar . . . - IF necessary)

Let me feel that I am actuall gighting a boss! like the jackal . . . I laughed when I met the hyena . . . very creative! why cant you use the same creativity there? it would be fun right?

Anyway, hope to hear some good news soon.

---

P.S. I hope I didnt sound angry, its 6:47 AM - I am very tired, but I needed to write this since its part of my schedule to test this game.

What would you guys prefer - if you had to pick *one* would you want - more Warframes, more Core Enemies, or more Unique Bosses?

as I have started the past few days, I cannot say much about bosses or warframes. (speaking of warframes, I'm not sure if y'all read all the forum posts but I mentioned how it would be nice to be able to try other warframes\weapons in some manner without having to pay for them. Yet.)

so I would go for more Core Enemies

I will say it would be nice to have more than just 3 types of grineer to kill all the time.

heavy shotgun yellow

normal gray\grey rifle

extremely weak melee bazerker type.

perhaps variants of these guys? different colors = say a variant of a melee handsaw guy could be a lighter tint color, maybe still have the same amount of health or lower, but his saw does not make noise. (sneaky sneaky!)

agressive\bright colors = more damage, noiser (¿Cocky?), healthier ,better weapons, etc.

lighter\darker colors = more stealthy, sneaky, quiet, different abilities or better weapons than the usual or a bit harder to try to attack, like say a sniper down a corrider when you're faced with that sniper (probably a variant of the normal gray\grey rifle grineer guy) + some other mid\close range grineers too.

Shotgun guy, I guess y'all could use different tints of yellow, (other colors of course too) that would idencate the agressiveness, etc like above.

variants of this guy could use other than just shotguns, perhaps grenade launchers? shotguns with bayonets\knives\grenade launcher attachments?

Gray\grey Rifle guy, being a gunman, I suppose you can have variants or squads of these guys working together with all types of rifles, pistols, sniper rifles. Oh! maybe every now and then in a section of a level near your objective one of these guys could be manning a stationary! (no not pen or pencil mind you)

Bazerker melle man, this is the weakest guy of the bunch, I find it very sad when it usualy takes just one bullet to knock these scrawny psychos down. probably give em more health? Make em faster?

Variants of this guy.

well they all can't like\use spinny hand saws. just like the Tenma all enemies can have different types of weapons too!

so I'm not sure if these guys could use swords well, but maybe have some with dual hand saws, quiet hand saws, machettes, knives, shields.

oh n sneaky variants too, since these guys are the weakest yet fastest of the bunch, perhaps there could be some skulking kinds. like a few would drop down from the ceiling when you cross certain areas of a mission. and try to sneak up on ya.

earlier I mentioned the gray\grey rifle grineer guy could possibly use pistol.

how about Bazerkers with a pistol n melee combo? that'd give em a better chance of not dying so fast. maybe one or two seconds more with a pistol. who knows. I think they're pitifully weak.

everytime I hear the lady say 'a squad of approaching you... it's Grineer'

change up the consistency of these squads, their makeup, what they're composed of etc. assuming you take\use any of the above suggestions.

like a 'squad' could consist of x amount of the 3 current types of guys. and x amount of normal bazerker,rifle,shotgun guys and x amount of variants of these 3 usuals.

I dunno how y'all make up squads n spawning in the game, but I can imagine opening a door to a corridor\hallway area and facing 2+- shotgun guys (with\out variants) 2-4+- melle men behind em ready to rush while they're being covered by 4+ gray\grey rifle men.

Edited by Bruudwin

What would you guys prefer - if you had to pick *one* would you want - more Warframes, more Core Enemies, or more Unique Bosses?

What we got now for Warframes is pretty solid, IMO. What's lacking a bit is some of the game content. I've been having a lot of fun playing through the game so far, but to much of it feels the same.

So between Core Enemies, and Unique Bosses, I would say core enemies. They make up a much bigger part of the game currently, and I feel that adding more will have a bigger impact.

Edited by Dekthro

I would say I want all three but I would be lying, lets start one by one shall we:

+ More Warframes: I would love to see more warframes but the current ones still need work. Specially mag, which I will open a thread for her soon, she needs a lot of work done on her, so until the current set is completely fleshed out, its better not to introduce new warframes, That can come after a year when players start to get bored with what they have - just look at world of warcraft, they milk people every once in a while by introducing a new character, just to keep people interested. That is what you should do as well. Since your game is free, it wont be as unethical as Blizzard.

+ More Core Enemies: A great idea but the problem is that after seeing the enemies for a long time that uniqueness will become normal again, the current variety of enemies is fine. This can be done later troughout the year when people start purchasing plats and the budget increases. This is at the moment unnecessary. But remember, when you say more core enemies, it doesnt mean recolor, it means a different type. For instance for the grineer it would be their bio-hound, a dog like creature that jumps on you and attacks.

+ More Unique Bosses: YES. This is a must, this is my choice, why? because bosses are what people look forward to see in a level, they go trough all the trouble and merciless violence to get to that point and they expect to get WOWed. More unique bosses are better. Also among the three, unique bosses are cheaper for you to make, since you can start by only making two (unique infected and unique grineeer) not several like enemies or one very detailed one like Warframes.