Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Mortania, the Reaping Witch

(PSN)TertulSee

Mortania, a name that has been forgotten in time. She once was a very violent Tenno, then, was give the powers of death itself. The powers were a blessing and a curse. Mortania hated all life and wished to exterminate it. This included her own life. She infused her powers in her Scythe that seem to have a mind of it own. It increased her power but kept her immortality at bay. Her Scythe hungers for more death and will trap all she kills in her own underworld, a fate that will make sure you don't want to die. If you ever see Mortania, run, and don't look back. She is Death itself.

Stats:

Shield/HP: 75/100 (225/225 at rank 30)

Energy: 100 (50 at rank 30)

Armor: 0

Sprint Speed: 1.2

Passive: Harvest

Each time Mortania kills an enemy, she gains a soul. Souls allow her to become stronger every time she is revived and are consumed upon death. When she has max energy, she will create a specter that will revive her when she becomes down. This will consume all of her energy and the specter will scale with the enemies' level but will disappear when she is revived.

+5 Max HP/ +5 shields/ +10 max Energy per soul

Reap

Swing your scythe in a large cone in front of you. Enemies hit take damage based on the amount of HP she is missing. The more HP missing, the stronger it becomes. She is also healed by 150% of the damage done.

Power Strength: 150/200/250/300 Slash damage + all the HP she is missing as Slash damage

Power Range: 10/12/15/18m

Cost: 10% of her current HP

Swift Death

Dashes forward and passes through all units. Enemies in the path are marked and are dealt damage based on their missing HP after 3 seconds.

Power Strength: 5/10/15/20% of their missing HP as Slash damage

Power Range: 30/35/40/50m dash

Cost: 15% of of her current HP.

Weaken

Steals the protection (meaning armor and shields) of enemies around you and apply them to yourself. 25% of the protections are applied to yourself permanently while the rest are only temporarily. She can only stack the temporary armor buff once.

Power Strength: 2/3/4/5% of the enemy's protection.

Power Duration: 10/12/16/18 seconds

Power Range: 20/25/30/35m

Cost: 25% of her Max HP

Call of the Underworld

Sacrifice all of your Armor to deal heavy damage to all enemies around her. She will summon her trusty Death Scythe that will circle around her and heal her for each enemy hit. Her own HP will slowly decay for the next few seconds and enemies that die will heal her and grant her a soul. While the active, all armor she gains will deal damage instead. Her abilities are also free of cost while this ability is active.

Power Strength: deals 300/400/500/600 +plus 100/110/120/130% of her armor as Finisher Damage, heals her by 10% of her max HP, Scythe circles once every 2 second. Scythe does 100/150/200/250 damage per hit and will scale with melee mods.

Power Duration: 10/12/15/18 seconds 

Power Range: 15/20/25/30m

Cost: 8/7/6/5% of her Max HP per second

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

First of all, the passive seems to have too many functions in one. Passives are supposed to be niche little gameplay mechanics that give the warframe an edge, not an entire array of abilities that seem to create an entirely different and unique frame, leave that to the abilities to most of the extent. The green orb seems like a pretty neat idea and I recommend you keep it. On the other side of the spectrum, do not enjoy the idea of having the abilities solely use health instead of energy, it seems pointless, and I know you tried to balance it with the spectre, but I feel like it would be way iffy or too overwhelming at times. This would eventually lead to a short energy pool never die to build which seems a tiny bit OP and useless. I would recommend the armour buff last forever, like a stacking buff as to give the frame amazing survivability capabilities, but putting a cap to the buff would be recommended. As for the health is energy thing, I feel like it's too close to Nekros if adding an augment, so I believe it should take armour that she accumulated from the green orbs instead!

AS for the first ability, it seems like having high hp would be optimal, so I would suggest moving the frames hp a little higher. If she had to say 1000 hp, and she lost all of it until she was on the brink of death, which would be 998 damage for the ability. Now times that by 5, that's 4990 damage on hp, and average Heavy Gunner at level 120 has an EHP of 450,000,000 (I think, maybe one more zero), which makes the damage unscalably sucky. Maybe make the scythe do damage such as 988 times the level of the enemy. 118560 is the full damage to the heavy gunner which I think is more reasonable. This would allow the more the enemies the more damage, so for example, 5 120 levelled heavy gunners, that would equal 118560 times 5. Remove the finisher damage thing because, by what I think what you mean, would one shot every single thing in the fricking game.

Swift Death seems like an amazing ability combined with the first ability! Yes, I love the idea of dealing damage depending on the missing health. Keep the design the way it is, please. Maybe stacking the damage on each enemy could be an idea for scaling. For example. 118560 health is missing, then if she dashes through 5 heavy gunners with the same health, it would become 592800 for each enemy as slash damage. Now that I think of it, maybe it's a bit to OP.

By protection, I'm guessing it means armour? So 25% armour is kept and the rest is gone I believe. Eh, I feel like it's an ok ability, but being spam able is never a good idea for an armour buff ability. Taking a Bombard's armour and stripping it and giving it to yourself for a long period of time while taking multiple armour is just OP in its definition. This would basically make you godly and you would be more cheesy than 7 quadrillions Loki's combined. But I probably got the information wrong. The armour buff would stack greatly with the armour for ability idea.

Please remake this ability completely, first of all, locking down enemy damage from allies will make this frame trolly. Being immune while basically inevitabely insta-killing enemies would be to OP. There is no reason not to use this in a huge room for infinite scaling and using it forever for complete lockdown. Just look at Mesa's peacmaker, it balanced but dishes out a lot of damage. Make the ability great again. Maybe remove the health thing and remove all armour (AS YOU ARE INVULNERABLE) and slowly gain armour at double the rate for each enemy killed if you want to keep the ability. I think having a reaper death mode would be cool, for example, this would be a toggle ability where for every enemy you kill, you would gain a soul and you would collect these souls for armour and more damage.

11 hours ago, (PS4)ssekame said:

First of all, the passive seems to have too many functions in one. Passives are supposed to be niche little gameplay mechanics that give the warframe an edge, not an entire array of abilities that seem to create an entirely different and unique frame, leave that to the abilities to most of the extent. The green orb seems like a pretty neat idea and I recommend you keep it. On the other side of the spectrum, do not enjoy the idea of having the abilities solely use health instead of energy, it seems pointless, and I know you tried to balance it with the spectre, but I feel like it would be way iffy or too overwhelming at times. This would eventually lead to a short energy pool never die to build which seems a tiny bit OP and useless. I would recommend the armour buff last forever, like a stacking buff as to give the frame amazing survivability capabilities, but putting a cap to the buff would be recommended. As for the health is energy thing, I feel like it's too close to Nekros if adding an augment, so I believe it should take armour that she accumulated from the green orbs instead!

AS for the first ability, it seems like having high hp would be optimal, so I would suggest moving the frames hp a little higher. If she had to say 1000 hp, and she lost all of it until she was on the brink of death, which would be 998 damage for the ability. Now times that by 5, that's 4990 damage on hp, and average Heavy Gunner at level 120 has an EHP of 450,000,000 (I think, maybe one more zero), which makes the damage unscalably sucky. Maybe make the scythe do damage such as 988 times the level of the enemy. 118560 is the full damage to the heavy gunner which I think is more reasonable. This would allow the more the enemies the more damage, so for example, 5 120 levelled heavy gunners, that would equal 118560 times 5. Remove the finisher damage thing because, by what I think what you mean, would one shot every single thing in the fricking game.

Swift Death seems like an amazing ability combined with the first ability! Yes, I love the idea of dealing damage depending on the missing health. Keep the design the way it is, please. Maybe stacking the damage on each enemy could be an idea for scaling. For example. 118560 health is missing, then if she dashes through 5 heavy gunners with the same health, it would become 592800 for each enemy as slash damage. Now that I think of it, maybe it's a bit to OP.

By protection, I'm guessing it means armour? So 25% armour is kept and the rest is gone I believe. Eh, I feel like it's an ok ability, but being spam able is never a good idea for an armour buff ability. Taking a Bombard's armour and stripping it and giving it to yourself for a long period of time while taking multiple armour is just OP in its definition. This would basically make you godly and you would be more cheesy than 7 quadrillions Loki's combined. But I probably got the information wrong. The armour buff would stack greatly with the armour for ability idea.

Please remake this ability completely, first of all, locking down enemy damage from allies will make this frame trolly. Being immune while basically inevitabely insta-killing enemies would be to OP. There is no reason not to use this in a huge room for infinite scaling and using it forever for complete lockdown. Just look at Mesa's peacmaker, it balanced but dishes out a lot of damage. Make the ability great again. Maybe remove the health thing and remove all armour (AS YOU ARE INVULNERABLE) and slowly gain armour at double the rate for each enemy killed if you want to keep the ability. I think having a reaper death mode would be cool, for example, this would be a toggle ability where for every enemy you kill, you would gain a soul and you would collect these souls for armour and more damage.

I have made many changes. Her passive is now replaced with souls that she can can use to make her stronger every time she dies. It's risky but it makes her stronger.

Her ultimate has been replaced with a "Exalted Weapon". She is now much more risky but since she does the same amount of damage as her foes missing Hp, she's also incredibly powerful.

Her Reap now still does damage based on her own Hp but with her new passive, it's much more powerful. It also has a heal now so that you can still sustain. It has been nerf to deal Slash and doesn't have a 5x Multiplier.

Her Weaken ability is still the same but I cleared up the description. Protections mean both shields and armor. The ability costs 25% of her Max HP and only absorbs a few percent of the armor that she absorbed which is an even smaller proportion. It also has a rather small range. Now that armor doesn't effect the cost, it is much weaker because it puts a lot of risk. It's very underwhelming and very difficult to build to a godly level because it's very small. Now that she can lose it makes it even worse.

1 hour ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I have made many changes. Her passive is now replaced with souls that she can can use to make her stronger every time she dies. It's risky but it makes her stronger.

Her ultimate has been replaced with a "Exalted Weapon". She is now much more risky but since she does the same amount of damage as her foes missing Hp, she's also incredibly powerful.

Her Reap now still does damage based on her own Hp but with her new passive, it's much more powerful. It also has a heal now so that you can still sustain. It has been nerf to deal Slash and doesn't have a 5x Multiplier.

Her Weaken ability is still the same but I cleared up the description. Protections mean both shields and armor. The ability costs 25% of her Max HP and only absorbs a few percent of the armor that she absorbed which is an even smaller proportion. It also has a rather small range. Now that armor doesn't effect the cost, it is much weaker because it puts a lot of risk. It's very underwhelming and very difficult to build to a godly level because it's very small. Now that she can lose it makes it even worse.

Ah! Yes, nice rework. I would love to see this concept flourish in all its glory. I may supply artwork if you want.

5 hours ago, (PS4)ssekame said:

Ah! Yes, nice rework. I would love to see this concept flourish in all its glory. I may supply artwork if you want.

Sure! I would go on about the details but I think I would want you to be creative. Maybe include the Scythe? I kinda want her to have a lively Death like feel. Kinda like Nekros but with a bit more life. Take it as a suggestion, I don't want to restrict you too much.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Sure! I would go on about the details but I think I would want you to be creative. Maybe include the Scythe? I kinda want her to have a lively Death like feel. Kinda like Nekros but with a bit more life. Take it as a suggestion, I don't want to restrict you too much.

Sure! I'll be working on it. Almost Finished with the Scythe design.

On 5/28/2017 at 9:04 PM, (PS4)ssekame said:

Sure! I'll be working on it. Almost Finished with the Scythe design.

I made some tweaks. Her Energy now decreases as she levels up. Her Scythe is no longer and Exalted weapon but it will serve as if it had a mind of its own. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I made some tweaks. Her Energy now decreases as she levels up. Her Scythe is no longer and Exalted weapon but it will serve as if it had a mind of its own. 

Yay! Finished the drawing, just tweaking a bit. Do you want colour in the image?

57 minutes ago, (PS4)ssekame said:

Yay! Finished the drawing, just tweaking a bit. Do you want colour in the image?

Completely up to you man. I just appreciate that you're doing this drawing at all. I might start a new concept. People don't seems to be interested anymore. Although you can try and promote this a bit but if you do, expect changes. Note: I'll still try to keep this post updated.

• 4 weeks later...