Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caliban (Uranus) Orokin Catalyst Defense

DAttila

Utter and complete BS in relation to the reward. Either lower the number of waves or provide a better reward. Also enable friends/clanmates/invitees to join a session that doesn't have four players AT ANY TIME.

Utter and complete BS in relation to the reward. Either lower the number of waves or provide a better reward. Also enable friends/clanmates/invitees to join a session that doesn't have four players AT ANY TIME.

And apparently, you didn't have a Frost. Get a Frost.

Potato or no, 15 waves is too much for an alert this short. Starting on level 50+.

The fact that generally people recommend taking broken frames like Frost and Vauban should be indication enough as to the skewed risk-reward ratio. I could understand the 15-wave survival defense to get the special aura mods, not so for something you can buy in the store.

Potatoes are not exclusive items. 10 waves would have been enough for the alert IMO.

I like the game how it is now you actually have to try to beat these alerts, no more 4 Loki's with 4 bows on infested defense. A hard mission for a rare and useful reward sounds about right.

Broken frames, each one has its niche, such as Ash is good for solo, bosses, and general game play. Don't be ignorant, have more than one frame that you use. Since Frost and Vaub are just strong in defense which seems the be the current META for farming so that why they may seem good.

Edited by dadgoat

Volt or Rhino would have been fine choices for this alert. I don't understand what the problem is. Nyx would be easy as well. Nova goes without saying, but there it is. Honestly I just wouldn't bring Ash, but that's mostly considering a duo. Even then Bladestorm can do some work on that map with good teamwork (read: one guy stands at the thing).

Strange. I could swear I didn't see this alert in-game (I feel like I check fairly often, never more than 30m between peeks if I'm playing a long session), and I didn't see it pop up in Nexus either. I did see at least one defense alert, but I ignored it because the popup showed a credit-only reward.

I must be missing something here.

Having solo'd this mission as a Rhino, I can't say myself that I found it very difficult, but I know exactly where you're coming from. There shouldn't be any Alerts that require you to have a player that's vastly more powerful than the majority of people, or a warframe such as Frost so you can laugh and sip an iced tea inside of your globe. This is only more so exemplified by the fact the Catalysts are a vital component in gameplay, and not being able to get them inhibits your ability to fight anything.

I'd agree that there are some problems with these high-level defense alerts offering valuable items.

It seems like a tall task for anyone except high-ranking players who already have reactors/catalysts/forma on their gear. Factor in the randomness of online play (which we can't realistically expect DE to fix), and the fact that the most desirable alert rewards are already hard to find, and you have a problem.

I have a feeling U9 isn't going to help new player retention.

Yeah, what's done is done, the best we can do is give our thoughts and feedback in the hope that the devs use it to refine the system to be a bit more inclusive. Risk vs reward is a difficult balance to strike to keep people motivated. :)