Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about Ash / Ash Prime

S0VEREIGNSK

Question

After ash got reworked, i rarely seen player playing it. I did forma Ash for 3 times. love playing him before the rework. Now i want to try ash again, still i prefer Bladestorm Ash.

Is it viable to go for Max Strength and Efficiency ? 

Rising Storm Augment, is that so bad ?

EDIT : I think i found a good well balanced build for Sortie and Regular Mission rather than build it only for Bladestorm. Will try and post it tommorow

Edited by System.Lord.Ra
balanced build

4 answers to this question

If you plan on using Blade Storm on more than six enemies at any given time, MAX Efficiency and Zenurik are flat out mandatory. Strenght is useful but not needed if you can keep the combo counter. Venka Prime is specially effective as it stacks counter multiplier faster than any other weapon.

Rising Storm isn't bad, it's just outdated and was nerfed on the revisit.

See, it gives 100% combo counter duration, which was the first mod to do so, but considering the base combo counter is 3s the mod raises it to 6s. Pre-revisit, when Body Count was added, not only it worked with Blade Storm (and currently does) but also worked with Rising Storm, meaning the 15s (base+BC) could get boosted to 30s with the Augment. Sadly the Revisit, which pretty much was a Nerfvisit, removed that synergy and thus Rising Storm now only gives 3s combo counter, making it worthless.

Also, he didn't get a rework, otherwise the problems with the frame would have actually been solved, instead of "solve 2, create 3" we got (for PvE, for PvP was "solve 0, create 6 to 8"), hence why Ash got the first revisit.

Edited by Nazrethim

30 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

If you plan on using Blade Storm on more than six enemies at any given time, MAX Efficiency and Zenurik are flat out mandatory. Strenght is useful but not needed if you can keep the combo counter. Venka Prime is specially effective as it stacks counter multiplier faster than any other weapon.

Rising Storm isn't bad, it's just outdated and was nerfed on the revisit.

See, it gives 100% combo counter duration, which was the first mod to do so, but considering the base combo counter is 3s the mod raises it to 6s. Pre-revisit, when Body Count was added, not only it worked with Blade Storm (and currently does) but also worked with Rising Storm, meaning the 15s (base+BC) could get boosted to 30s with the Augment. Sadly the Revisit, which pretty much was a Nerfvisit, removed that synergy and thus Rising Storm now only gives 3s combo counter, making it worthless.

Also, he didn't get a rework, otherwise the problems with the frame would have actually been solved, instead of "solve 2, create 3" we got (for PvE, for PvP was "solve 0, create 6 to 8"), hence why Ash got the first revisit.

After half an hour playing in simulacrum i find using only 1 ability to play Ash doesn't good and missed a lot of fun. I decide to use a well balanced build with medium efficiency. I ran maximum zenurik energy restoration, i will use Ash for regular mission run like sortie, quest,etc. Because using Ash for farming is just meh, many frames did it better and effective than Ash. I am a casual player and love balance ehehe. thanks for your reply, appreciate it

9 minutes ago, System.Lord.Ra said:

After half an hour playing in simulacrum i find using only 1 ability to play Ash doesn't good and missed a lot of fun. I decide to use a well balanced build with medium efficiency. I ran maximum zenurik energy restoration, i will use Ash for regular mission run like sortie, quest,etc. Because using Ash for farming is just meh, many frames did it better and effective than Ash. I am a casual player and love balance ehehe. thanks for your reply, appreciate it

Indeed, the most effective way to play Ash is to not use his ultimate at all, other than for clearing very small groups of enemies you don't want to bother eliminating by other means. Though Smoke Screen+Good melee weapon can do that faster. I recomend though, to bring Fatal Teleport, as it will ease the use of the ability and allow you to take out priority targets bypassing their usual stagger inmunities.

Edited by Nazrethim

18 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Indeed, the most effective way to play Ash is to not use his ultimate at all, other than for clearing very small groups of enemies you don't want to bother eliminating by other means. Though Smoke Screen+Good melee weapon can do that faster. I recomend though, to bring Fatal Teleport, as it will ease the use of the ability and allow you to take out priority targets bypassing their usual stagger inmunities.

I think i am gonna replace intensify with fatal teleport yes