Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple issues when playing with a controller

RolandHazoto

I started a bug report thread on Steam about this, and thought perhaps it was fixed with the Oberon Prime patch, as I had trouble replicating it for 2 days, but yesterday and today I discovered it was very much still an issue, so I've come here in hopes to bring this to the devs attention.

I've copied and pasted the important information to save myself some typing. The original Steam topic can be found here.

When holding Y/Triangle it pulls out my melee weapon as I would expect it to, but then often switches to one of my other weapons immediately. This happens because when it switches modes it resets the button press. I know this because I had the same problem when I set the d-pad mappings in "Game" and "Menu" to the legacy keys d-pad, it would open and immediately close the gear/emote options. I solved that problem by changing the "Menu" d-pad from the legacy keys d-pad to the In-game Actions directions.

Then to compound the issues further, about 80% of the time if I use Transference or my Focus Power in melee mode the game continues to behave as if I'm still holding L1/LB.
Then, to make it even more enraging, when playing as Ivara if I use an arrow from the quiver, R1/RB will no longer bring up the power menu when held and behaves as if it was tapped no matter how long I hold it. (I don't know if other frames suffer from not being able to bring up the power menu in melee) These last 2 issues never occur outside of melee mode.

The whole "changing the controller button mappings based on what's happening in-game" would have been a great idea if you didn't already have full Xinput support. You could have just had 1 mapping for the launcher, and then one mapping for everything else, using the legacy keys for everything except the launcher. The legacy keys just send Xinput commands anyway. (I've changed every mapping on the PS4 controller from the default to legacy keys and everything has worked fine except for the above issues. I made these changes after pressing L1 and R1 on the ship during The War Within did nothing and I had to watch the cutscene 3 effing times before I figured out the solution.)
Anyway, I hope these get fixed soon, as it makes using melee mode with a controller a huge headache.

If I can provide any further information, or clarify anything, I will be happy to do so, as this is borderline game-breaking at times. (Also Ivara not being able to use her arrows while in melee mode as been an issue since I was still using a 360 controller well over a year ago, so this REALLY needs fixed. I hear Vauban has a similar issue, but I do not have that frame yet to say for certain.)