Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Dot on my neck???

Royal-Fusion

Question

15 answers to this question

If you Nidus and have sat in the infested room chair or have played with a Nidus recently, you will have an infested growth on your Warframe. The growth takes seven days to mature (you can tell when it's mature because it'll have a small hair growing out of it), and when it does you can either fuse it with a kubrow egg to make a helminth charger, or sit in the infested chair behind the infested door in your ship and cure it. Once cured, the Warframe that was infected will never be able to be infected again, unless you change it's skin. 

2 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

If you Nidus and have sat in the infested room chair or have played with a Nidus recently, you will have an infested growth on your Warframe. The growth takes seven days to mature (you can tell when it's mature because it'll have a small hair growing out of it), and when it does you can either fuse it with a kubrow egg to make a helminth charger, or sit in the infested chair behind the infested door in your ship and cure it. Once cured, the Warframe that was infected will never be able to be infected again, unless you change it's skin. 

Just now, Royal-Fusion said:

how do I cure it?

what do I need lol this is new to me

read sergeants comment 

Edited by ShadowStalker

Just now, Royal-Fusion said:

ok......how do I  get passed the infested door??? all this is new to me I have never had this before so idk what to do

The cyst has to be fully grown to get into the infested door. 

1 minute ago, Royal-Fusion said:

ok so if I don't do anything about it what will it do????.....like If I don't cure it?

Idk, whatever it wants to do. Start a career, get married, have gross space-zit-babies.

If you just leave it on your neck, it won't affect you in any way.

Edited by SergeantSunshine

The main purpose is to breed a new type of kubrow, if you leave it alone, it won't do anything other than having the potential to infect other players that haven't cured their frames.

So you could just go around and infect people for the lulz.

Helminth wants a body, the idea is the cyst infection is to help him make that body that is from an infested strain resistant to void energy, something that could actually kill him at this stage. Players can use the cyst to infect a kubrow egg before incubation to get a Helminth charger pet, or force the Evil Dentist Chair to remove/make inactive the cyst for now. Both actions require the Cyst to be fully mature - you will notice its large size and a tentacle swaying out of it. The cure is largely due to DE not anticipating the community response to the negative feelings of Helminth cyst's cosmetic implications rather than the whole violation of your warframe aspect. It will prevent you from infecting others while also preventing getting reinfected with that same warframe.

This is not intended to be the end for interactions with Helminth, and might not be a permanent cure in that respect, but for now is what we have.

3 hours ago, Royal-Fusion said:

what is the red dot on my warframes neck??>??

You were in a group with a Nidus. He either ran into you, latched (2 or 3) onto you, or you ran through his infested garden (4th).

1. After 7 days, the cyst is fully grown.

2. You can enter the infested door in your ship, sit in the chair, and get it ripped out.

3. Or, you can drain it into a kubrow egg to gain a Helminth Charger http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Helminth_Charger

When the cyst is removed from a warframe, that warframe can't be infested again. You must equip a different warframe and hope to run into another Nidus, or scream for one in chat.

Edited by DimLamp

25 minutes ago, DimLamp said:

You were in a group with a Nidus. He either ran into you, latched (2 or 3) onto you, or you ran through his infested garden (4th).

1. After 7 days, the cyst is fully grown.

2. You can enter the infested door in your ship, sit in the chair, and get it ripped out.

3. Or, you can drain it into a kubrow egg to gain a Helminth Charger http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Helminth_Charger

When the cyst is removed from a warframe, that warframe can't be infested again. You must equip a different warframe and hope to run into another Nidus, or scream for one in chat.

Doesn't have to be a Nidus with a cyst, any player with an 'uncured' Cyst infection is infectious even if the cyst isn't showing; but otherwise, good and useful info! Interestingly Nidus himself is not naturally a carrier, but is the only warframe that is allowed in the Helminth room to start the infection chain. If someone has played in random public with an uninfected warframe, they are likely infected due to such contact.

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

Doesn't have to be a Nidus with a cyst, any player with an 'uncured' Cyst infection is infectious even if the cyst isn't showing; but otherwise, good and useful info! Interestingly Nidus himself is not naturally a carrier, but is the only warframe that is allowed in the Helminth room to start the infection chain. If someone has played in random public with an uninfected warframe, they are likely infected due to such contact.

I see. Nidus needs to be infected.

Interesting...