Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much damage do finishers do?

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Question

Hey guys a bit confused here. I have been researching Finishers, interactions and what not for an idea i will post later this week on the forums but Finishers seem to be inconsistent.

From my research i cant find a reliable source that can tell me how much damage a stealth finisher does on its own, furthermore on the wiki (wich tents to be a reliable source) shows Different stances have different damage multipliers on ground finishers like Decisive Judgement (Nikana Stance) says "1600%" Damage (same goes to various bladed styles like Machetes and Swords) while Pointed Wind (Single Dagger Stance) says "2x" and then Malicious Raptor (claw stance) says "5x". What does that mean?

My questions about it.

1) what does "1600%" mean? i know it means how much is the damage increased but does it mean "16x" increase similar to the others usually show "2x or 5x"?

2) Does this apply to Stealth and frontal finishers? is there a static number increase or does it vary with Weapon?

3) Is there a reliable source to find it besides going to the Simulacrum and trying to calculate myself? wich im probably going to do later when i get back home.

4) Im 99% sure (confirm it if you know) that Finishers crit, does it mean they are affected by Crit Multiplier? is the Crit Multiplier the one used for Frontal and Stealth finishers? does this affect Ground finishers?

Hope you guys can help me, im the kind of guy who likes to have comeplete information when working on my crazy ideas for warframe but information about Finishers seems to be rather elusive. Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Read this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth. Primarily the melee damage multiplier and stealth attack sections. 

1: "1600%" Can mean different things depending on what words follow it. If it says "1600% damage," then it's a 16x multiplier- you do 16x the damage you would normally. If it says "1600% increased damage," then it's actually a 17x multiplier.

2: By Frontal finishers, I would assume you mean finishers from Blind? Those count as Stealth finishers. It all depends on weapons.

3: None that I've seen, GL with your tests.

4: Yes, finisher damage is affected by mods, crit multiplier, etc. Ground Finishers do not do Finisher damage, they just have a very high damage multiplier. 

30 minutes ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

Hey guys a bit confused here. I have been researching Finishers, interactions and what not for an idea i will post later this week on the forums but Finishers seem to be inconsistent.

From my research i cant find a reliable source that can tell me how much damage a stealth finisher does on its own, furthermore on the wiki (wich tents to be a reliable source) shows Different stances have different damage multipliers on ground finishers like Decisive Judgement (Nikana Stance) says "1600%" Damage (same goes to various bladed styles like Machetes and Swords) while Pointed Wind (Single Dagger Stance) says "2x" and then Malicious Raptor (claw stance) says "5x". What does that mean?

My questions about it.

1) what does "1600%" mean? i know it means how much is the damage increased but does it mean "16x" increase similar to the others usually show "2x or 5x"?

2) Does this apply to Stealth and frontal finishers? is there a static number increase or does it vary with Weapon?

3) Is there a reliable source to find it besides going to the Simulacrum and trying to calculate myself? wich im probably going to do later when i get back home.

4) Im 99% sure (confirm it if you know) that Finishers crit, does it mean they are affected by Crit Multiplier? is the Crit Multiplier the one used for Frontal and Stealth finishers? does this affect Ground finishers?

Hope you guys can help me, im the kind of guy who likes to have comeplete information when working on my crazy ideas for warframe but information about Finishers seems to be rather elusive. Thanks in advance!

I'll put it this way in one way: Stealth finishers do more damage because there's a stealth affinity added onto the damage itself which stacks the more times you execute a finisher in that way.  Another example is gas damage. Gas scales greatly depending whether or not you are in stealth mode or just blind to the eyes of the opponents. A normal finisher when they are downed won't have the same damage scaling compared to a stealth finisher.  I would assume it designed that way to balance the game out.  Generally speaking the stronger the melee weapon is the more damage you can get from finishers.Also certain stances have built in finishers that have their own damage scaling.  Assuming you're using mods that promote finisher damage it will only scale that much more.  Finishers aren't meant to one shot enemies unless the weapon is modded to be much stronger than their HP allows.  That's really all I can add to this.  I don't focus on finishers so much, but this is what I know so far. Hope this helps.

30 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Read this http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth. Primarily the melee damage multiplier and stealth attack sections. 

1: "1600%" Can mean different things depending on what words follow it. If it says "1600% damage," then it's a 16x multiplier- you do 16x the damage you would normally. If it says "1600% increased damage," then it's actually a 17x multiplier.

2: By Frontal finishers, I would assume you mean finishers from Blind? Those count as Stealth finishers. It all depends on weapons.

3: None that I've seen, GL with your tests.

4: Yes, finisher damage is affected by mods, crit multiplier, etc. Ground Finishers do not do Finisher damage, they just have a very high damage multiplier. 

So it says that its Weapon damage x Stealth Multiplier (always 8.0) x Weapon multiplier wich seems to be unique to weapon types, Daggers having the lowest oddly enough....

I didnt through to look on that page, thanks for pointing it out!

Oh almost forgot is the "Stealth Multiplier" included in "Normal" finishers like from Blinded enemies?

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist