Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing - More Stuff Like Rush?

Was reflecting a little bit on what I do like about Archwing (sry to say, but I'm with a lotta people on the mode currently being kinda meh :/) and strangely enough I recall that one Corpus Rush mission actually having been.. well, a little more fun than the other modes so far? I kinda feel like the problem with a lot of the current levels I've played- the Starchart ones, haven't had the chance to do Balor Fomorian or Jordas Verdict yet- is there's a really dissatisfying disconnect between the movement and combat, it kinda feels like the significant combat scenarios in Archwing involve enemies swarming all around me, forcing me to either mash the melee button or twirl around in the same spot trying to get a bead on targets in order to kill them in anything approaching a timely manner

Which kinda sucks, because I really liked how Rush gave me the chance to be both zipping forward and gunning down targets at the same time. Yeah, they were just mostly stasis mines, not the most glamorous thing in the world, but there was a really slick feeling to it, especially once I really got into the groove and felt like a frickin lightning bolt- the occasional enemy transmissions panicking over Flying Rhino Junior High zipping under their interceptors really reinforced that feeling too lol

...idk, where I was originally going with this was actually to suggest the addition of some kinda 'rail-shooter'-esque Archwing minigame type, but I'd imagine that'd have some complications and also just ditch some mechanics already in place.

I'd be content to see Rush maybe expanded on a little though, some new missions centered around a similar 'go really fast and shoot stuff' idea, maybe some small enemy variety aside form just stasis mines- like point defense turrets at least. Though I can't stress enough how cool it'd be to see regular mobs do the rail shooter thing of keeping perfect pace with you right in front so you can dodge bullets and snipe em out of the air without breaking pace too :D

As someone who likes Archwing and always has, the issue I have with Rush is that the focus of the mission is to get from A to B as fast as possible which means not letting the enemies distract you as that'll only slow you down BUT Warframe's reward mechanics, exp, mods and resources, are reliant on a massive kill-fest.  I've completed Rush a few times, to clear the node, to help a friend clear the node and to prove to myself that it can be done with starter gear before making that claim here, and it can be enjoyable but the rewards you take away from it are minimal compared to Interception, Mobile Defense or even Sabotage.  I think this can be a problem with Warframe in general though rather than just Rush as a super stealthy Spy or Rescue might be done with only a handful of casualties or even none but that unseen ninja isn't rewarded and instead is just missing out on opportunities for mods.