Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens, Kubrows, and Kavats

SeolTreoir

Question

so I'm just curious about the Riven mod... thing.

I was away from the game for a few years.  When I came into the game first time, Oberon was brand new, and when I was forced to take a break, Kubrows and Chroma were new.

What I'm curious about is the "point" to rivens, beyond the crazy min-maxing stuff we see on youtube.  Aaaand, more importantly, IF they may level out in price do you think like the kavats, kubrows, older non-vaulted primes, and older vaulted primes do?

I mean, there will always be Frost Prime, Rhino Prime, and Ember Prime.  There will always be epically good weapons too. And assumable epic "god-tier" as I see them called, rivens.

but seriously? how do I convince myself about a riven for triple-digit, when I can use a sword and shotgun for less? That seriously do NOT need a riven to begin with? (I'm talking about the Galatine and Tigris)  Let alone three of my favorite warframes, all in prime, for just over triple digits for all 3 total, combined! (mind you before one vaulted lol)

years ago, I was content with just having fun killing stuff in T4 survivals and defenses.  It took me 6 weeks of having fun on Venus, Ceres and Saturn to finally decide to go further and continue the new quests (2nd Dream and TWW ARE epic and I love I can do them again).  Not because of lack of time, but because I enjoy the farming.  now? we have sorties, arenas, Index, dark sectors, etc.  I mean, call me "old fashioned" but coming from Mass Effect 3 where I was content and happy farming Turchanka all the time (one map) or the Forza Horizon 2 Finale, there's so much to do.  And at this point, in a very deep MMO I feel I got left behind in.  Or is it me? Because for me, fashionframe=endgame as long as I can pull my weight, no matter the warframe, and team synergy is key.

I'm just curious if anyone thinks the "economy" will settle down on rivens to let us "six-pack" "blue collar" players ever have a chance? or I'm seriously farming some prime parts for Baro? lol

Edited by SeolTreoir

2 answers to this question

Warframe has indeed become a large game, and there is a great deal to do. That's kind of a separate issue though, and I'll leave it aside for the moment and focus on the title.

Rivens, as far as I can make out, are meant to serve as a way of buffing inherently lower-level weapons so that they are usable in high-level missions like Sorties or long endlesses or as a way of making already good weapons incredibly overpowered. The way they interact with the economy is interesting, as there are two layers of uncertainty: which weapon it applies to within a weapon class (when the Riven is veiled) and what stats might be generated for it (once it has been unveiled, since it can still be cycled), allowing it to change value twice.

I hope that answers your question