The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Ultimate Game Card?

Lookaquarter

Question

So, I saw there was a deal if you bought an Ultimate Game Card you could get a sentinel. I'm new to the game so I decided that it would be a good deal if I got one, so today I purchased one while picking up Watermelon Minute Maid (Which tastes great btw). Anyway, so now I'm on the buy platinum page and I can only see the steam wallet way of purchasing platinum, and also the promo code section, which doesn't work with my card. I tried looking through the faq's in the support section where you send tickets and didn't find anything. I sent a ticket, but wanted to ask someone here just in case someone already has figured this out and I've done something stupid and missed something. 

Thanks!

-Tom

14 answers to this question

So I bought this card for no reason? That's kind of annoying... They promote this form of payment for people to get, with special offers and everything, yet don't make the information available that a ton of players can't even use it, forcing people to find out only after they buy the card.

Yeah if you buy through Steam you're bound to paying only through Steam. There are always threads about it.....

I don't know if Steam makes this clear or not since I don't use it but it should be somewhere if not.

I love this game and it's developers so much, but little things like this kill me. Besides, maybe there is a way to work it out, or maybe warframe was recently added to UGC. Who knows? Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic about the $25 I may have just wasted.

I love this game and it's developers so much, but little things like this kill me. Besides, maybe there is a way to work it out, or maybe warframe was recently added to UGC. Who knows? Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic about the $25 I may have just wasted.

There isn't a way around it. If you haven't scratched off the back yet you may be able to return it. If you did then your best bet is to try to sell it online for a couple bucks cheaper. If you have a friend that plays through the client see if he wants to buy it.

Exactly you guys think if i redownload it from the website it'll change it?

Just tried it, it didn't work.

There isn't a way around it. If you haven't scratched off the back yet you may be able to return it. If you did then your best bet is to try to sell it online for a couple bucks cheaper. If you have a friend that plays through the client see if he wants to buy it.

I unfortunately did scratch the back off, as I thought that I would put the code into promo codes on the payment page.

I'll wait for the reply from support, who knows? They may have changed/fixed this (although highly unlikely). It just really makes me mad that I wasted the money. I don't have tons to begin with as I recently started my job, and this was going to be one of the first things I actually purchased with the money I earned. I really just wish there was a way to know this kind of stuff before it happens. The only way anyone would discover this is if they've already bought the card and was unable to use it, which really isn't very fair, at least to me.

you also have to think about how much platinum you just bought, 25 dollars is about 500, thats enough to start over with an amazing frame and a good weapon or two, but what im hoping for is an in game trading system, cuz when you F*** up and buy an ugc and you account was made using steam than you just make a new one and put the plat on that and then transfer all you items over

Exactly you guys think if i redownload it from the website it'll change it?

unfortunately it will never change because if they made ugc compatible with steam, steam would lose a lot of money because no one would want to use steam gift cards anymore because they are only sold in a few stores

I don't think this is correct. Warframe isn't tied to your STEAM account though you can buy platinum with it.

Go here:

https://warframe.com/buyplatinum

Make sure you are logged in with your Warframe account (if you can log onto this forum with your Warframe account you should be good).

Choose Buy Now ($9.99 for 170 plat) which will pop open a small window.

Choose top right tab 5 More Choices and then choose Ultimate Game Card and complete your transaction. Repeat to burn off the the cash.

I have no idea how this nets you a sentinel but you should be able to spend your UGC this way.

Good Luck.

I don't think this is correct. Warframe isn't tied to your STEAM account though you can buy platinum with it.

If you make your Warframe account through Steam, then you can ONLY purchase platinum through Steam.

The steps/instructions you've listed will do nothing for the OP. Whenever someone who's made their account through steam clicks a platinum pack, it automatically directs them to a Steam checkout page for the specified platinum pack.

There is no way to "un-tie" your account from Steam.

Edited by Letter13