Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis Prime build question(s)

Tuzark

Question

Hey! So, I can't decide which of builds I made is best for this weapon,both seem to shred a 120 corrupted eximus heavy gunner in less than 10 secs when I try it in the Simulator-room-place. I'm just wondering which of them will be best -overall- (not just vs heavy gunners :P) Basically it's red critting (but having heat and corrosive damage) vs not red critting (while still critting often) but having blast and corrosive damage.

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Silva_and_Aegis_Prime/t_30_204000422_226-1-5-238-4-3-239-3-5-247-0-5-251-5-5-254-6-5-562-8-3-637-7-10-796-2-3_247-5-226-9-796-3-239-9-238-7-251-11-254-6-637-7-562-10/en/4-0-127/0

or

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Silva_and_Aegis_Prime/t_30_204000422_224-4-5-226-1-5-238-6-3-239-3-5-247-0-5-251-5-5-562-8-3-637-7-10-796-2-3_247-5-226-9-796-3-239-9-224-9-251-11-238-9-637-7-562-10/en/4-0-127/0

Any help/suggestion about which one to pick and why would be greatly appreciated! (and no, I am not interested in a condition overload build :P)

Edited by Tuzark

6 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

True Steel falls off bad when you are using Blood Rush.

What do you mean, exactly?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Get a Condition Overload in there. It is a MUST. There is no discussion about it. 

I'm guessing that means the buiild with Blast + corrosive is out then, and I should go fire + corrosive instead (plus Condition overload) ?

Edited by Tuzark

13 hours ago, Tuzark said:

What do you mean, exactly?

I'm guessing that means the buiild with Blast + corrosive is out then, and I should go fire + corrosive instead (plus Condition overload) ?

Crit Chance = Modded Crit Chance × (1 + Blood Rush Multiplier × Combo Multiplier)

Blood Rush scales with combo multiplier so its influence on the crit chance will be higher as the combo counter goes up. Dont get me wrong, true steel helps the weapon to crit more BUT, usually crit melees dont have a lot of mod space, so if you need to ditch something, true steel would be best candidate in such build.

Condition Overload gives 60% extra melee damage for each proc. This means 120% extra damage on a corrosive + heat build, so it is much better. This difference is even higher on weapons with IPS damage, when you can have 3-4 procs happening at the same time.

10 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Crit Chance = Modded Crit Chance × (1 + Blood Rush Multiplier × Combo Multiplier)

Blood Rush scales with combo multiplier so its influence on the crit chance will be higher as the combo counter goes up. Dont get me wrong, true steel helps the weapon to crit more BUT, usually crit melees dont have a lot of mod space, so if you need to ditch something, true steel would be best candidate in such build.

Condition Overload gives 60% extra melee damage for each proc. This means 120% extra damage on a corrosive + heat build, so it is much better. This difference is even higher on weapons with IPS damage, when you can have 3-4 procs happening at the same time.

I see! Thanks for the info. :D And yeah I did try out Condition Overload for a while last night, instead of True Steel, and it's quite amazing! :D I can shred even the toughest enemies in a matter of seconds. ^^

Also one more question if you don't mind; I might me misunderstanding the text of the mod, but.. does it only give that extra 120% to the current target, and need to be re-applied for my next target, or does it give me a flat 120% against all targets as long as the target with status effects are alive?

Edited by Tuzark

2 hours ago, Tuzark said:

I see! Thanks for the info. :D And yeah I did try out Condition Overload for a while last night, instead of True Steel, and it's quite amazing! :D I can shred even the toughest enemies in a matter of seconds. ^^

Also one more question if you don't mind; I might me misunderstanding the text of the mod, but.. does it only give that extra 120% to the current target, and need to be re-applied for my next target, or does it give me a flat 120% against all targets as long as the target with status effects are alive?

As long as targets have the procs happening, you will have the buff. Silva and Aegis has a lot of status chance so enemies will have procs happening all the time.

This mod is ridiculouson weapons like the lesion. Try it out!